The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Undercover Billionaire season 2: Lessons and takeaways

Threads with an onging chat or conversation

ChrisStanton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 20, 2023
I know most of you are not fans of Grant Cardone…

I realize that he is seen as a “GURU” and even as a scammer by many people…

I DON‘T disagree!

That said, Grant recently uploaded an 8 hour video to his channel that shows all of his segments from season 2 of Undercover Billionaire with him going behind the scenes and explaining things that were cut from the show and more importantly, explaining the WHY behind his actions.

Normally I would have not wasted time on watching anything from his channel but I have a very successful entrepreneur buddy who mentioned that he thinks it should be required watching for everyone trying to have success in the business world. While skeptical, I managed to watch a couple hours before bed last night and I did find some good value in it.

Here are some of my thoughts, notes, lessons, and takeaways I got from Grant during the first two hours:

1. First I just want to mention something both my buddy and I found ironic: Grant Cardone is NOT a good salesman. In fact. Watching him on the show exposes how outdated, pushy, and “weak” his technical sales skills are. Grant even admits that his sales success comes from volume and getting his message out to tons of people. He says he would rather get his offer in front of 1000 people and have a 10% close rate, instead of talking to 100 people and being a master salesmen with a 50% close rate.
  2. That said, what Grants excels at is marketing and action taking. He is a GREAT marketer and is a ”workaholic” who takes a ton of action.
  3. Grant seems to repeat the same process over and over and this process is what has made him successful. It goes like this: He figures out exactly what he wants -> He makes a list of all the people who can help him get it -> He figures out what value he can add to their life and/or business to earn their trust and gratitude -> He delivers that value as quickly as possible -> He then goes in for his “ask” to try and get what he wants. “I give them something so that I can ask for something.” - Grant Cardone.
  4. When Grant wanted to find who the “players” were in the city he was in the first thing he did was use his phone to look up businesses for sale. Then he found out who owned those business. Grant says that people who are selling businesses are often open to doing business and open to hearing business opportunities.
  5. “Figure out who the players are and where those players hang out at. Get in that room!” Grant went to three gyms on his first day there. Why? “Successful people take care of their bodies.” He went into the first two gyms and realized that it was not the kind of gyms that successful people he wanted to meet would be at. The third gym, he realized, is where he had the best chances of meeting the “players” of the city.
  6. When you give value to others for free, they will often be willing to give value to you back. Grant really seems to live by this philosophy.
  7. ”Contacts = Contracts = Revenue” - GC
  8. ”Meet Enough people and you will eventually get lucky.” - GC
  9. You have to do things, take actions, and place yourself in situations that increases your chances of luck finding you. I have heard of other people calling this “Engineering Luck.”
  10. If you dont have resources (like money) you have to be resourceful. Be creative and problem solve.
  11. ”Who has my money?” - GC. This is his mindset. He hammers this over and over and over (and over some more)….
  12. ”If you can sell you can do anything. Sales is a super power.” - GC.
  13. ”I’m not looking for income, I’m looking for assets.” - GC
  14. ”Your contact list is more important than your net worth.” - GC. Grant says to keep meeting the right players and offering value to them and your net worth will increase as a result.
  15. Grant went though periods on this show where he really doubted himself. Even super successful people sometimes battle with self doubt.
  16. Grants three rules of success: #1: “Show up no matter what.” #2: ”Dont quit. Ever.” #3: “Money is useless until it is used. Put money to work for you.”
  17. Get up before the sun and get that advantage over those who sleep in.
  18. “Everyone is so focused on the internet they forget that old school marketing stuff still works.” - GC
  19. ”How do you make others happy? Quit worrying about your money and focus on bringing other people business. Make other people money and your money will come next.“ - GC
  20. If you dont have a track record of proven success, you have to work with people and provide value for free. Once they have success with you, they will work with you.
  21. Grant says he has an agreement with his wife that if they are on the phone and he gets a business call, he hangs right up on her to take the call. “You got to take care of the money if you want to take care of your family.” - GC. The lesson? Make sure you and your spouse are on the same page about things.
  22. Grant says over and over again that you should have a list of people that can help you get what you want and you should be meeting those people and constantly adding new names to the list.
  23. ”Best known beats best.” - GC. In other words, be damn good at marketing.
  24. ”Money follows attention.” - GC. Dont think about how to get money, think about how to capture attention and add value to people. The money is a byproduct of that.
  25. ”People would rather invest money with you than spend money with you.” - GC
  26. Setbacks happpen. Time and time again Grant had setbacks on the show. He would pity himself for a few minutes and then shut up and go take more action.
  27. ”Make yourself bored! If you are bored you will take action.” - GC
  28. ”Momentum is everything in business. Most people arent successful because they quit before they build enough momentum.” - GC
I don’t know if I will watch the other 6 hours or not but I do think these lessons are great for those who are still shifting their mindset from slow lane to the fast lane.

Thoughts and opinions?

Have you watched the show?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK

I DON‘T disagree!

That said, Grant recently uploaded an 8 hour video to his channel that shows all of his segments from season 2 of Undercover Billionaire with him going behind the scenes and explaining things that were cut from the show and more importantly, explaining the WHY behind his actions.

Normally I would have not wasted time on watching anything from his channel but I have a very successful entrepreneur buddy who mentioned that he thinks it should be required watching for everyone trying to have success in the business world. While skeptical, I managed to watch a couple hours before bed last night and I did find some good value in it.

Here are some of my thoughts, notes, lessons, and takeaways I got from Grant during the first two hours:

1. First I just want to mention something both my buddy and I found ironic: Grant Cardone is NOT a good salesman. In fact. Watching him on the show exposes how outdated, pushy, and “weak” his technical sales skills are. Grant even admits that his sales success comes from volume and getting his message out to tons of people. He says he would rather get his offer in front of 1000 people and have a 10% close rate, instead of talking to 100 people and being a master salesmen with a 50% close rate.
  2. That said, what Grants excels at is marketing and action taking. He is a GREAT marketer and is a ”workaholic” who takes a ton of action.
  3. Grant seems to repeat the same process over and over and this process is what has made him successful. It goes like this: He figures out exactly what he wants -> He makes a list of all the people who can help him get it -> He figures out what value he can add to their life and/or business to earn their trust and gratitude -> He delivers that value as quickly as possible -> He then goes in for his “ask” to try and get what he wants. “I give them something so that I can ask for something.” - Grant Cardone.
  4. When Grant wanted to find who the “players” were in the city he was in the first thing he did was use his phone to look up businesses for sale. Then he found out who owned those business. Grant says that people who are selling businesses are often open to doing business and open to hearing business opportunities.
  5. “Figure out who the players are and where those players hang out at. Get in that room!” Grant went to three gyms on his first day there. Why? “Successful people take care of their bodies.” He went into the first two gyms and realized that it was not the kind of gyms that successful people he wanted to meet would be at. The third gym, he realized, is where he had the best chances of meeting the “players” of the city.
  6. When you give value to others for free, they will often be willing to give value to you back. Grant really seems to live by this philosophy.
  9. You have to do things, take actions, and place yourself in situations that increases your chances of luck finding you. I have heard of other people calling this “Engineering Luck.”
  10. If you dont have resources (like money) you have to be resourceful. Be creative and problem solve.
  11. ”Who has my money?” - GC. This is his mindset. He hammers this over and over and over (and over some more)….
  14. ”Your contact list is more important than your net worth.” - GC. Grant says to keep meeting the right players and offering value to them and your net worth will increase as a result.
  15. Grant went though periods on this show where he really doubted himself. Even super successful people sometimes battle with self doubt.
  16. Grants three rules of success: #1: “Show up no matter what.” #2: ”Dont quit. Ever.” #3: “Money is useless until it is used. Put money to work for you.”
  18. “Everyone is so focused on the internet they forget that old school marketing stuff still works.” - GC
  19. ”How do you make others happy? Quit worrying about your money and focus on bringing other people business. Make other people money and your money will come next.“ - GC
  20. If you dont have a track record of proven success, you have to work with people and provide value for free. Once they have success with you, they will work with you.
  21. Grant says he has an agreement with his wife that if they are on the phone and he gets a business call, he hangs right up on her to take the call. “You got to take care of the money if you want to take care of your family.” - GC. The lesson? Make sure you and your spouse are on the same page about things.
  22. Grant says over and over again that you should have a list of people that can help you get what you want and you should be meeting those people and constantly adding new names to the list.
  24. ”Money follows attention.” - GC. Dont think about how to get money, think about how to capture attention and add value to people. The money is a byproduct of that.
  26. Setbacks happpen. Time and time again Grant had setbacks on the show. He would pity himself for a few minutes and then shut up and go take more action.
  28. ”Momentum is everything in business. Most people arent successful because they quit before they build enough momentum.” - GC
I don’t know if I will watch the other 6 hours or not but I do think these lessons are great for those who are still shifting their mindset from slow lane to the fast lane.

Thoughts and opinions?

Thats a good list, thanks for taking the time to make it!

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I enjoyed 2 of the 3 individuals from Season 2 of this show. Grant being one of them.

Do you happen to have a link to where he talks further on his time on the show?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
@Antifragile I’m curious what you think of Grant, since he’s in real estate

Chad, or grifter?
I talked to him, and he didn’t impress me with his real estate knowledge. He was weak, so I am not a fan. I know we do a far better job than he does for his investors. We are way smaller too… so I know there’s stuff to learn from his marketing.

But he’s a doer, and I like that part.

ChrisStanton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 20, 2023
I talked to him, and he didn’t impress me with his real estate knowledge. He was weak, so I am not a fan. I know we do a far better job than he does for his investors. We are way smaller too… so I know there’s stuff to learn from his marketing.

ive talked to some other people about Grant and it really seems like he’s not that great at sales, nor that great at real estate. What he seems to excel at is thinking big, taking massive action, and marketing.

In my mind there is a lesson to be learned there.

futurePorscheDr

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Jul 6, 2022
ive talked to some other people about Grant and it really seems like he’s not that great at sales, nor that great at real estate. What he seems to excel at is thinking big, taking massive action, and marketing.

In my mind there is a lesson to be learned there.

At least he preaches what he does, his book 10X is simply about taking more action.

There is a lot to be said for that. All too often people just get stuck on something and in the end they don't do anything.

jclean

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Dec 9, 2016

Solid and fair assessment without bias.
We can all learn something from that....

luminis_

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Aug 27, 2022
Very interesting, it's like his "perceived intelligence" is through the roof.

I think the fact that he's such a massive action-taker creates a wrapping of so much conviction in what he sells that he doesn't actually have to be good at sales to be successful.

Related to what Hormozi talks about, as long as the PERCEIVED value of the product or service is exceptionally high, people will feel stupid (or left out) saying no. People genuinely (myself included until I read this thread) think Grant is a genius at real estate and sales because of how he markets himself.

Lot's of lessons to be learned for sure (and his 10X audiobook is great!)

ChrisStanton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 20, 2023
Very interesting, it's like his "perceived intelligence" is through the roof.

I think the fact that he's such a massive action-taker creates a wrapping of so much conviction in what he sells that he doesn't actually have to be good at sales to be successful.

Related to what Hormozi talks about, as long as the PERCEIVED value of the product or service is exceptionally high, people will feel stupid (or left out) saying no. People genuinely (myself included until I read this thread) think Grant is a genius at real estate and sales because of how he markets himself.

Lot's of lessons to be learned for sure (and his 10X audiobook is great!)
Funny enough, I’m watching the rest right now and the longer it goes on the more obvious it becomes that this guy can not straight up NOT sell. The reason his business is successful is the marketing and perceived value (like you said) but when it comes to his actual technical sales ability, it’s not close to impressive. My buddy who has his own business and used to lead a very high performing sales team at another company straight up told me there is no way he would have hired Grant if he was some unknown off the street.

Not to get knocking on him but I also notice he’s a bit “abrasive” as he cuts peoples off and seems impatient to talk. Despite the cliche stereotype of a “fast talking salesman” the truly successful ones I’ve met listens WAY more than they talk and ask good questions. They get you to talk yourself into buying by leading you to the realization that you need their solution to your problem. Grant is the opposite of that.

The fact that he has had such amazing success in spite of his lack of sales skills is actually something to admire and has lessons to take from it.

ChrisStanton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 20, 2023
Also, when Grant met the two young recent college marketing grads and he talked to them face to face with no mask, no shaven head, no glasses… there is a 0 percent change that two young college MARKETING grads did not recognize him immediately. But, I also think Matt (the main guy grant worked with) recognized him from the beginning and knew the entire time. That doesn’t take away from the lessons but this show was definitely “staged” in some respects.

I have no doubt that no one knew who Glenn was but I’m guessing most everyone on this show recognized Grant from the beginning.

As I keep watching it’s dawned on me, Everytime Grant pitches to someone, he doesn’t present to them a good offer. “Hey I’ll make calls for you.” And then he’s told someone else makes calls already and he thanks them and parts ways.

Grant is proof that you don’t have to be good to win, you just have to never quit

Last edited:

ChrisStanton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 20, 2023
I’m five hours into this over the course of two days. It’s good downtime after spending all day with clients and doing sales calls.

That said, I feel like he’s no longer giving any good lessons and there is still three hours to go. Might not finish it.

Some quick observations (I’ll post his good quotes and lessons here in a bit):

Dude cannot sell. Hundreds of cold calls and serval meetings and he didn’t close any so far. Not even close.

His social skills are bad. I think he is to used to talking to people who kisses his a$$ all day.

Im not old school and think you should always show up wearing a suit to every client meeting but he comes in with a bag over one shoulder, backwards hat, skinny jeans, and a super tight black shirt. Then he eats and drinks (while not at a restaurant) while talking to prospects. It looks entirely unprofessional and would not inspire me to see him as a serious professional.

I was never a Grant Cardone hater (not a fan) and I think he has some very respectable qualities and lessons to teach but this man should never again brand himself as a salesman. Never.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe

Interesting to hear that, thanks for sharing. As a non-specialist, I’ve had the same impression — I think what Grant really excels at is taking action, being persistent and creating hype and enthusiasm for something. In other words he’s a PROMOTER. I expect he’s much better at selling to consumers than B2B.

At the same time, I have to say that I’ve had moments when Grant seemed to me far more intelligent than he usually shows. Usually he seems to just be pushing and pushing when doing a deal… but he also has keen sensitivity for what the other part wants, and he’s capable to modify the deal and be flexible on the spot. He has very developed empathy skills, which for the most part appear nonexistant because he’s so good at it. It only rarely shows, for example, when he’s doing sales calls, and at some point he explains why he said what he said to that specific person that you finally understand he notices emotional shifts in a conversation very well (even though, when watching him, it seems like he’s oblivious. For him this is more of an act, if the other person shows he’s not interested, he doesn’t want to validate or reflect back their non-interest).

Regarding sales generally — Grant is an old-school salesperson, he relies a lot more on rapport and creating what appears to be a good deal for you (ie, making you feel that he’s doing you a favor) rather than a consultative approach focused on getting you to uncover new problems/needs that you weren’t even aware of.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epjQon_2V-E&ab_channel=GrantCardone

Last edited:

ChrisStanton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 20, 2023
Interesting to hear that, thanks for sharing. As a non-specialist, I’ve had the same impression — I think what Grant really excels at is taking action, being persistent and creating hype and enthusiasm for something. In other words he’s a PROMOTER. I expect he’s much better at selling to consumers than B2B.

At the same time, I have to say that I’ve had moments when Grant seemed to me far more intelligent than he usually shows. Usually he seems to just be pushing and pushing when doing a deal… but he also has keen sensitivity for what the other part wants, and he’s capable to modify the deal and be flexible on the spot. He has very developed empathy skills, which for the most part appear nonexistant because he’s so good at it. It only rarely shows, for example, when he’s doing sales calls, and at some point he explains why he said what he said to that specific person that you finally understand he notices emotional shifts in a conversation very well (even though, when watching him, it seems like he’s oblivious. For him this is more of an act, if the other person shows he’s not interested, he doesn’t want to validate or reflect back their non-interest).

Regarding sales generally — Grant is an old-school salesperson, he relies a lot more on rapport and creating what appears to be a good deal for you (ie, making you feel that he’s doing you a favor) rather than a consultative approach focused on getting you to uncover new problems/needs that you weren’t even aware of.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epjQon_2V-E&ab_channel=GrantCardone
Worth noting that many people, including alleged former employees, have said that the sales calls on his channel are all fake.

The sales situations I seen him in on the show were pretty horrible.

He ended up with 4 clients and one even ask him if he’s Grant Cardone and then signs up with him. That dude knew. Another client, the barber, signed up with a much smaller package and Grant even said “Yeah pretty sure that dude knew who I was.”

The other clients was really gotten by Grants partner, not Grant himself.

What I found funny is that in Grants behind the scenes video I watched he showed showed the segment on the show where he says “I made HUNDREDS of cold calls and none of them worked. I had to switch gears…” and then it switched to Grant behind the scenes and he says “Hey look if you guys want to learn how to make cold calls like I do I put together some of the best training in the industry. It’s going to show you exactly how to have success with cold calling. Click the link below…”

I was laughing my a$$ off. Is he really that oblivious?

Dude has a lot of skills and traits that’s allows him to be successful in business but 1:1 sales is not one of those things. Grant is a pure numbers game guy. “Get my offer in front of a million people and someone will want to buy it” type of guy. Not hating because it works for him with his marketing style but no one should ever seek him out to learn sales.

ChrisStanton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 20, 2023
Some more quotes and takeaways:

1. Whatever you need there is a creative way and/or angle to get it! You just have to find out.
  2. ”You need multiple flows of income.” -GC
  3. You have to train yourself to see opportunities. Rewire you brain by constantly looking for them and asking yourself “where is the opportunity here?”
  4. ”Do what your competition wont do and you will own the space.” - GC
  5. The goal should be to get your offer in front of as many people as possible.
  6. ”Be afraid but do it anyways.” - GC
  7. Life is a numbers game. Keep putting in the numbers and both luck and success will eventually find you.
  8. Do good work for someone, for free, and then ask if that person wants more work done and/or of they can connect you with people who could benefit from your services. This is how you get referrals, warm calls, and warm introductions.
  9. Cold calls can be discouraging but remember it only takes one successful one to turn things around!
  10. Even Grant felt “imposter syndrome” when starting his marketing agency.
  11. Be memorable to any potential client.
  12. ”Interactions lead to transactions.” - GC
  13. Ask everyone you meet for referrals. “hey you know anyone who…”
  14. ”Commit first and figure out the rest later.” - GC.
  15. “Don’t get emotional in business deals.” - GC (Advice he did not follow on the show lol).
  16. You need to spend some time networking with the people who are “connectors” and can help introduce you to bigger and better circles of people.
  17. Don’t have enough money for an investment? Crowd fund it. Get people together and pitch them your idea.
  18. Give yourself aggressive deadlines and push yourself.
  19. Eliminate the word “impossible” from your life.
  20. ”Go big or go bigger.” - GC
  21. Know your audience when you pitch and make your pitch in a way thats important to them. Know your audience.
  22. Don’t overload people with to much information that dont care about and scare them off.
  23. Be willing to embarrass yourself.
  24. “Enough is never enough.” - GC. Grant is all about putting in volume.
  25. ”No one does old school marketing any more. Its a lost art but still very effective.” - GC
  26. ”Be obsessed or be average. Your choice.” - GC
  27. When it comes to videos on social media, you need volume. You need to flood all of your channels with multiple videos on a regular basis. Take long form and post it and then edit it into a bunch of shorts and post those. Reuse the videos and content across all platforms.
  28. Grant lost a big real estate deal on the show because he was to pushy and aggressive. No one likes to feel pressured.
  29. Push yourself to see just how much you can get done in a short amount of time. Most people are capable of so much more than they realize.
  30. ”Stop waiting for a perfect plan. Get something together and execute !” - GC
  31. You have to target the right people and have a deep understand of just who your customer is.
  32. Most people quit right before they achieve success. Stay with it.
  33. “Don’t make important decisions when you are hungry, tired, or angry.” - GC
  34. Your nerves will sometimes never fully go away. Grant says he still gets nervous before sales meetings and he claims to have done thousands of them.
  35. ”In business never have a 50/50 partner. Someone has to be in charge or no one will be.” - GC
  36. ”Always be thinking about scaling.” - GC
I watch very little TV so it was kind of relaxing to just sit down and watch something entertaining.

My thoughts on Grant: Other than reading the 10x Rule book years ago ive never really been in his “ecosystem” but his massive success is undeniable. I believe in learning lessons you can from all successful people no matter your personal feelings for them. What makes Grant successful is the fact that he just never quits and is a decent marketer. He also has a big polarizing personality which either draws people to him or repels them away but it creates discussions. Discussions = attention = dollars for him. Another key component is that he is always looking for partner with the right people. If nothing else this show will really hammer in how much further you can get in life if you partner with the right people.

Simbarashe Mu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 23, 2017
Zimbabwe

I DON‘T disagree!

Thoughts and opinions?

Thanks. I enjoyed some of the points. I dont really like GC but these are valuable points

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
Worth noting that many people, including alleged former employees, have said that the sales calls on his channel are all fake.

The sales situations I seen him in on the show were pretty horrible.

He ended up with 4 clients and one even ask him if he’s Grant Cardone and then signs up with him. That dude knew. Another client, the barber, signed up with a much smaller package and Grant even said “Yeah pretty sure that dude knew who I was.”

The other clients was really gotten by Grants partner, not Grant himself.

What I found funny is that in Grants behind the scenes video I watched he showed showed the segment on the show where he says “I made HUNDREDS of cold calls and none of them worked. I had to switch gears…” and then it switched to Grant behind the scenes and he says “Hey look if you guys want to learn how to make cold calls like I do I put together some of the best training in the industry. It’s going to show you exactly how to have success with cold calling. Click the link below…”

I was laughing my a$$ off. Is he really that oblivious?

Dude has a lot of skills and traits that’s allows him to be successful in business but 1:1 sales is not one of those things. Grant is a pure numbers game guy. “Get my offer in front of a million people and someone will want to buy it” type of guy. Not hating because it works for him with his marketing style but no one should ever seek him out to learn sales.
if you want your mind blown watch the GC and Jordan Belfort interview.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Grant Cardone I'd say was pretty good except for the rushing to get clients.

Monique's was about relationships and helping the community in a healthy way some way. She created a health product called Rooted and sold it to the marketplace. Her method of scale was to franchise and use Trucks.

She's a venture capitalist.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Some more quotes and takeaways:

1. Whatever you need there is a creative way and/or angle to get it! You just have to find out.
  2. ”You need multiple flows of income.” -GC
  3. You have to train yourself to see opportunities. Rewire you brain by constantly looking for them and asking yourself “where is the opportunity here?”
  4. ”Do what your competition wont do and you will own the space.” - GC
  5. The goal should be to get your offer in front of as many people as possible.
  6. ”Be afraid but do it anyways.” - GC
  7. Life is a numbers game. Keep putting in the numbers and both luck and success will eventually find you.
  8. Do good work for someone, for free, and then ask if that person wants more work done and/or of they can connect you with people who could benefit from your services. This is how you get referrals, warm calls, and warm introductions.
  9. Cold calls can be discouraging but remember it only takes one successful one to turn things around!
  10. Even Grant felt “imposter syndrome” when starting his marketing agency.
  11. Be memorable to any potential client.
  12. ”Interactions lead to transactions.” - GC
  13. Ask everyone you meet for referrals. “hey you know anyone who…”
  14. ”Commit first and figure out the rest later.” - GC.
  15. “Don’t get emotional in business deals.” - GC (Advice he did not follow on the show lol).
  16. You need to spend some time networking with the people who are “connectors” and can help introduce you to bigger and better circles of people.
  17. Don’t have enough money for an investment? Crowd fund it. Get people together and pitch them your idea.
  18. Give yourself aggressive deadlines and push yourself.
  19. Eliminate the word “impossible” from your life.
  20. ”Go big or go bigger.” - GC
  21. Know your audience when you pitch and make your pitch in a way thats important to them. Know your audience.
  22. Don’t overload people with to much information that dont care about and scare them off.
  23. Be willing to embarrass yourself.
  24. “Enough is never enough.” - GC. Grant is all about putting in volume.
  25. ”No one does old school marketing any more. Its a lost art but still very effective.” - GC
  26. ”Be obsessed or be average. Your choice.” - GC
  27. When it comes to videos on social media, you need volume. You need to flood all of your channels with multiple videos on a regular basis. Take long form and post it and then edit it into a bunch of shorts and post those. Reuse the videos and content across all platforms.
  28. Grant lost a big real estate deal on the show because he was to pushy and aggressive. No one likes to feel pressured.
  29. Push yourself to see just how much you can get done in a short amount of time. Most people are capable of so much more than they realize.
  30. ”Stop waiting for a perfect plan. Get something together and execute !” - GC
  31. You have to target the right people and have a deep understand of just who your customer is.
  32. Most people quit right before they achieve success. Stay with it.
  33. “Don’t make important decisions when you are hungry, tired, or angry.” - GC
  34. Your nerves will sometimes never fully go away. Grant says he still gets nervous before sales meetings and he claims to have done thousands of them.
  35. ”In business never have a 50/50 partner. Someone has to be in charge or no one will be.” - GC
  36. ”Always be thinking about scaling.” - GC
I watch very little TV so it was kind of relaxing to just sit down and watch something entertaining.

My thoughts on Grant: Other than reading the 10x Rule book years ago ive never really been in his “ecosystem” but his massive success is undeniable. I believe in learning lessons you can from all successful people no matter your personal feelings for them. What makes Grant successful is the fact that he just never quits and is a decent marketer. He also has a big polarizing personality which either draws people to him or repels them away but it creates discussions. Discussions = attention = dollars for him. Another key component is that he is always looking for partner with the right people. If nothing else this show will really hammer in how much further you can get in life if you partner with the right people.
These are great quotes. Thanks for writing them up.

EmotionEngine

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Sep 15, 2020
United States
I recently started watching this show with my gf. The funniest thing happens. Monique' is dropped off in Tacoma Washington to start her business my old home. In first episode Monique' finally has her first meal and she goes to Wendy's and lo and behold that was THE location of my first job as a 17 year old. It took me back to making $5.50 (very late 90s) and working just to get a replacement for my broken PlayStation. I worked the fryer and then graduated to the grill where I still have a faded scar from getting burnt by bacon grease. You can see the trash bin area in one of the shots where I would haul old fryer grease to dump. I remember earning a pin that said "Grill Skillz" or something like that. I wore it like a medal. I'm reminded that sure I make way more money and live in a better area, but still a scripted drone. For now.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.