The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tutorial-time! Growing an audience based on my freelance jewelry design

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Great advice.

I can't believe I haven't seen this thread before. This is awesome. Looking forward to seeing the rest of your journey.
What? I've never even seen this before either! Following. Your art work is amazing Gepi.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
Hi Gepi

Time Flies' and all that.

If you look at my post where I suggest you make 'follow me' videos of you making jewellery as opposed to how to use Blender in itself, and look at your Youtube channel, you will see that the videos with the highest views by some magnitude are the 3 that have you making a Wire Signet Ring, a Simple Signet Ring and a Calligraphy Ring.

They also have the most comments too.

The other 8 are all sub 1000 views.

8 videos with approx 6000 views Versus 3 videos of you making things with approx 40000 views.

The ring in your profile picture? It looks like medieval. Something King John would have on his fingers when signing Magna Carta.

Did you make this or is it just a picture? I am pretty sure that if you videoed yourself making it you would get views up in the thousands again and you should keep going and building an audience. 'What's Gepi made next?' is what you want them looking forward to.

Dan
Hi Stargazer. Yep, time flies. And I absolutely agree with you, it would be much better if I'd be shown myself creating stuff directly, as well. I have this tip in mind and I am in it for the long run, so let's see what is possible now and will become possible in the future.
Thanks so much for your valuable advice!

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
What? I've never even seen this before either! Following. Your art work is amazing Gepi.
Thanks so much Andy, and also @BizyDad ! :D I am glad you both think so! :blush:

I have something new to share, as well!

Soon in August 2023 my latest, and probably best course to date will be published.
All about sculpting art in 3D!
From gathering inspiration, planning, sketching, modeling, sculpting and rendering the finished work.
You may even 3D print the result!

9-sm-2.png

20220321_172001_square.jpg
InFrontOFfPC.jpg

Feel free to subscribe to my newsletter, I will be giving away a free year of Skillshare soon for celebrating the publishing of the new course!
I also do give-aways on Skillshare directly from time to time, so feel free to check it out if you want to learn and maybe win with me!

!!Right now you can still participate in the latest give away on Skillshare, but you would need to quickly take one of my courses and review it until the 31st of July!!

See you soon ;)
Gepi

Instagram

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
Oh, and some amazing stats from Skillshare!

Here is an amazing milestone I hit last month!
1eb57ffb.png
I do earn some passive income each month, which varies depending on multiple factors (minutes watched, total pool of available payout money from Skillshare, reviews etc.).

One of the best things is reading the wonderful reviews (these are all from my latest class, Blender for absolute Beginners)
2023-07-27 11_07_03-Manage Learn Blender - 3D Design for Absolute Beginners - Skillshare.png
2023-07-27 11_07_33-Manage Learn Blender - 3D Design for Absolute Beginners - Skillshare.png

And what my students think overall of this class: :love:

2023-07-27 11_07_51-Manage Learn Blender - 3D Design for Absolute Beginners - Skillshare.png

The success I've had with teaching online courses is for me a perfect example of how one should first and foremost aim to provide value, then the money will follow. ;)

Greetings
Gepi

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
Announcement :eyes:
The newest class is live!
"Blender 3D - The Art of Sculpting"
Side2_2_sm.jpg
It only took me about 1,5 years from first initial idea to finished product! Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd say this needed just a wee bit of perseverance...
But it is finally there! :party:

And I hope you'll enjoy the intro video! Or, if you happen to intend on learning the art of sculpting, then please by all means give the class a try with a free trial. Included are also some freebies like a Blender cheat sheet and my rendering setup file...

Thanks for all the motivational support along the way I found here. :peace:

Newsletter

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
Some updates from me.

First, thanks to everyone following along, supporting me or just reaching out for a chat. That is very motivating! :innocent: :halo:

Soon, my next class will be published. It will be about creating awesome 3D printable textures in Blender - on all kinds of objects. Be it jewelry, table top designs, or any other kind of 3D printable object.
As a class project, we will be creating a dragon ring! Fitting to the year of the dragon... :fire:

Ring3_decimate_applied_render2_fog7_high3_intense_lilac.png

I will post here again once it is published!

Also, I have started creating shorts.
My YT channel is at 1700 subs now. It provides people with lots of knowledge, tips and tricks. And hence acts as a nice funnel towards my paid classes and my 1-on-1s.
The latest ones are about how to improve your design work in Blender 3D, through things like sculpting and file size management:

Btw, did I mention that you can now also book 1-on-1s with me directly?
To learn Blender, 3D design, jewelry design, 3D printing....Just write me a PM, a mail (see footer on my website) or schedule here:
Gesa Pickbrenner on Superpeer
Just a few examples are: designing a signet ring for her husband, creating an engagement ring for his fiancée, building a coin ring, a personalized pendant…and more! Check out Instagram to see some recent examples what my students create!

Last but not least.
Check out my latest 3D work:
All modeled and animated in Blender.

All the best
Gesa

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders