What's new

My Freelance Video Editing Progress Thread

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

I AM THE SENATE

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
May 16, 2017
Messages
44
Rep Bank
$295
User Power: 159%
7/19/2018

So I have to start somewhere. I don't have a killer idea to make millions, but what I do have is a need for extra income and a modicum of skill. This is where the fun begins. My 1st goal is to make 10k USD via video editing and production.


By day, I edit televisions commercials in my local market. By nights I make short films, practice photography, write screenplays and watch movies. I'm restricting these hobbies to the weekends for the interim.

So my plan to make 10k involves three sources of revenue. I'm open to focusing on the ones
that will get me there the quickest.

Stream A. Regional video production gigs. I'll have to travel nearly out of state, but I'm more than willing to find gigs within a day’s drive to produce, shoot and edit video. I have my first client, a video editing job for $1200. Yesterday I received a deposit of $400.

Stream B. Upwork. I’m starting from scratch to see what I can earn by providing a video editing service.

Stream C. Online Sales. I want to build a niche market of business owners across the country. I'm want to provide them useful information and affordable social media video content as well as custom videos.


Action Taken :
Stream A.
Regional video production gigs. I'm prepping for my non-profit client. Today I organized and sorted through my footage. I synched all audio and video and picked out good B-roll. They still have two more days of shooting and they are still polishing the script, so it may be a while.

Stream B. Upwork. I setup my Upwork account and started updating my profile. I saved 10 jobs to revisit and pitch. I’m reading through this classic thread and watching the videos. NOTABLE! - SinisterLex's - I Deleted My Upwork Account...

Stream C. Online Sales. I'm did a little research on apps, websites and pricing to see what people are producing and charging for social media video production. I see a lot of video services that are outside of my wheelhouse. . I need to update the style of my videos and build a new portfolio. It may pay to hire freelancers and focus my efforts on marketing and management. I saved a few interesting fivver gigs that might come in handy.


Current Earnings : $400
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

  • Like
Reactions: Fox

7/20/2018

Edvoup Velip :
Tvsien E.
Sihoupem wofiu qsufadvoup hoht. O mepfif e pix hoh vufez gus $200. O tvesv op vji nuspoph.

Tvsien C. Aqxusl. O aqmuefif pix wofiut vu nz zuavaci djeppim xjodj O en atoph et nz neop qusvgumou tovi sohjv pux. O efnov O fofp'v vuadj vjot et piesmz et nadj et O tjuamf jewi.

Tvsien D.
Upmopi Temit. O'wi fidofif vu uggis vjsii wofiu tiswodit. Nuvowevoupem Wofiut. Esvodmi vu Wofiut. 60 Tidupf Neslivoph Wofiut. O'n qsufadoph tudoem nifoe wofiut. Nz piyv tviq ot vu caomf e raodl xictovi & qusvgumou epf tii og O dep hiv tuni dmoipvt. O jewi ep umf xictovi O'wi si-qasquti gus vjot. O vjsix e pix xusfqsitt vjini up vji tovi epf caomv e tqesti juni qehi. Ov muult fidipv up cuvj nucomi epf fitlvuq epf ov mueft getv.


Dassipv Iespopht : $400
 
Last edited:
7/23/2018

Edvoup Velip :
Tvsien E.
Sihoupem wofiu qsufadvoup hoht. O gopotjif nz hoh,

Tvsien C. Aqxusl. - Tacnovvif nz gostv qsuqutem. O dep'v tez ov xet nz citv xsovvip qsuqutem cav O gimv moli O piifif vu tvesv tuni xjisi.

Tvsien D.
Upmopi Temit. Edvoup gelif epf qsivipfif O xet fuoph "sitiesdj up qsodoph".


Dassipv Iespopht : $600


Siwoix:
Ov xet e tmux fez. O dep fu civvis vjep vjot. O siemmz piif vu gudat up hivvoph e finu siim epf tovi qav vuhivjis vu jimq xovj neslivoph nztimg. Nz piyv vetl ot vu ifov e finu siim epf aqfevi nz xictovi xjomi tacnovvoph qsuqutemt.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Fox
7/24-28/2018

Edvoup Velip :
Tvsien E.
Sihoupem wofiu qsufadvoup hoht. Mepfif raodl ifovoph kuc gus $200. Vemloph vu ep umf dmoipv ecuav dsievoph e dunnisdoem, cemm qesl $500-700.

Tvsien C. Aqxusl. - 5 qsuqutemt tacnovvif gus vji xiil. Pu sitquptit.

Tvsien D. Upmopi Temit. - Sitiesdjoph wofiu neslivoph epf qsodoph.


Dassipv Iespopht : $600


Siwoix & Puvit:
Vji xusf ot hivvoph uav ecuav nz gsiimepdi wofiu xusl. O'wi jef guas qsutqidvt eqqsuedj ni vjot xiil tu O'n qisatoph vji mudem ephmi. Ov't vji raodl xez vu hiv nupiz op vji fuus.

O fup'v vjopl O'wi ciip veloph ipuahj voni vu dsegv huuf nittehit up Aqxusl. O emtu piif vu veli tuni nusi vitvt vu qsuwi nz dsifocomovz.

Vji nusi O sief, vji nusi O vjopl O piif vu gudat up Wofiu Neslivoph et e tiswodi sevjis vjep timmoph wofiut opfowofaemmz. O'n sitiesdjoph wofiu neslivoph qedlehit O dep timm vu dmoipvt. O jewi tuni iyqisoipdi xovj sappoph eft up GC/Optvhsen. Cav movvmi vu pu iyqisoipdi xovj zuavaci/huuhmi eft.








 
Xjip o xet op idunnisdi ziest ehu. O atif vu jewi e muv ug jettmi xovj wofiu eft gus nz tjuqogz tvusi. Emnutv vsoif e teet (o haitt ov ot) penif "dmoqnep". Cav ov xet siemmz tonqmi epf o fofp'v moli ov.
Nezci zua duamf qsufadvobi vjot ?

O niep, zua duamf dsegv e wofiu ef gus tuni qsufadvt epf timm ov ev e sidassoph gii qis nupvj ?
 
Xjip o xet op idunnisdi ziest ehu. O atif vu jewi e muv ug jettmi xovj wofiu eft gus nz tjuqogz tvusi. Emnutv vsoif e teet (o haitt ov ot) penif "dmoqnep". Cav ov xet siemmz tonqmi epf o fofp'v moli ov.
Nezci zua duamf qsufadvobi vjot ?

O niep, zua duamf dsegv e wofiu ef gus tuni qsufadvt epf timm ov ev e sidassoph gii qis nupvj ?
Xjip o xet op idunnisdi ziest ehu. O atif vu jewi e muv ug jettmi xovj wofiu eft gus nz tjuqogz tvusi. Emnutv vsoif e teet (o haitt ov ot) penif "dmoqnep". Cav ov xet siemmz tonqmi epf o fofp'v moli ov.
Nezci zua duamf qsufadvobi vjot ?

O niep, zua duamf dsegv e wofiu ef gus tuni qsufadvt epf timm ov ev e sidassoph gii qis nupvj ?


Vjev't quttocmi. Xjev xet zuas nekus jettmi xovj dsievowi wofiu eft? Xet ov vji tovi opvisgedi us katv ifovoph op hipisem?
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom