The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Turn Any Protein Powder into an Ice Cream Like Dessert - Need Feedback on FREEZINda™

James Doyle

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Mar 27, 2017
Tampa, FL
Feedback on the website:
  1. Pay for your pop up so it is not branded. If you are in business for yourself, just commit to these small software payments
  2. Change your hero image. Your current hero has a line of text and a play button. How about you put an embedded video on the left, the line of text on the right and a button under it. It will convert better. And a thumbnail will actually make you want to watch the video. It will also allow you to A/B test autoplay (with or without sound) vs non autoplay
  3. Right under your hero, you need to have products that can be added to the cart. You can't go strait to FAQs. It will not work conversion rate wise
  4. You may want to offer your free samples on the home page instead of its own page. Maybe consider that being an exit pop up instead of having an email sign up pop up
That should keep you busy for some time. I can give you more but lets start here

Nik

Thanks Nik, really helpful feedback.

After launching, I can commit to the $24/mo ad free pop ups. I am being brutally honest that money is tight. I still have storage and licensing fees to finalize with my fulfillment center.

Very good feedback. What are your thoughts on the landing page: Best Protein Powder Recipe

I plan on having my products available to add to cart from the home page. I have a script error. For example you can see a quantity of 0 causes the url to display a varaiant Protein Powder Ice Cream Like Dessert Mix | Protein Powder Recipes

Great idea for free samples! Thanks for your feedback.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

James Doyle

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Mar 27, 2017
Tampa, FL
Ok I am technically your target audience - right age, drink protein shakes, eat ice cream - although have to say I don't eat lots of it because I work out and take care of my health. If I do want ice cream I usually go for an ice cream in the store that has very minimal ingredients or I just eat ice cream and enjoy it. Here in the UK we have a few brands that have minimal ingredients (one has only 4) and low sugar. I have also seen a protein ice cream too. To me, if I am going to have ice cream then I am going to enjoy it.

I also like my protein shakes too - if they were bad tasting I would not be inclined to go to the effort of making them into ice cream - because the whole point of having them for me is for convenience. It isn't convenient to turn it into ice cream to make it more palatable - I'd rather just gulp it down even if it isn't delightful.

So for me I can't see many people - women - wanting to try this product.

Thank you for your feedback. Do you cook?

James Doyle

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Mar 27, 2017
Tampa, FL
All jokes aside, I have a few opinions about your product and website.

The Website:

17s8if.jpg

1. The font looks tacky. Use a more professional looking font.

2. The picture of the ice cream looks cheap. Replace the whole product image with the actual product and a white backdrop.

For example:

5pn57s.png

*this product looks beautiful and real.

3. Remove the color scheme completely. Remove the snowflakes, too. Looks like a product for children. Your target market are adults.

The Website (Pt. 2):

345lu74.jpg

1. What is the purpose for the puzzle? Again, are you targeting children or adults? Remove this completely. It's tacky and unnecessary.

2. Change the subscribe button to orange. The color orange promotes optimism and action.

3. Remove "Luke 10:27". This is a turn off. Everyone has a different religious view. Keep religion out. This is a business, not a gospel. (No offense to any religions).

The Name:

1. Change your name. Drop it. Freeze-in-the
Is not memorable and causes confusion. This turns people away.

2. Use another name. Use a name that's easily memorable, easy to spell, and sounds fun.

Here's an example:

11ajz3q.jpg

Frotein. Combines frozen and protein together. More logical in my opinion and kinda clever.

Note:
• Re-do your website. Take an artisan approach. Get creative and make your website unique. Not typical.

• Focus on WIIFM (what's in it for me). Instead of stating features, focus your copy on benefits.

• Like @MJ DeMarco said, consider your focus to dessert replacement. Your target market are females after all.

In summary, here's the formula:

artisan approach + female target market + dessert replacement = x

Thank you for your feedback. I'm here to listen and learn, and that I really enjoyed reading your post a few times over.

I wanted to just say that I am working within a strict budget and that many of your recommendations will be changed in the future! Thank you so much :) -James

James Doyle

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Mar 27, 2017
Tampa, FL
How about as a dessert replacement? Like something you have after a healthy meal of chicken and broccoli?

Thread marked NOTABLE, some incredible feedback.

Great feedback. Maybe I just have to get the samples rolling soon so I can win some fans over :) Thanks! -James

Nik Krohn

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jun 27, 2014
Utah
Very good feedback. What are your thoughts on the landing page: Best Protein Powder Recipe

This landing page would be fine if you used it for organic traffic. It would do very poorly if you bought traffic (FB ads/adwords) for it.

If you wanted a landing page that would work well for paid traffic, I suggest doing some research into high converting landing pages. Calls to action that follow you/are everywhere. Quality videos and text. I would give you an example but would need some permission. Maybe I could send it via PM.

Nice work tho! Keep grinding man!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Funnily enough, I actually revisited his website and social media a few weeks ago. Not much has changed.

Hmm... killed by either the Desert of Desertion or a lack of product validation. Ordering is disabled and still says "coming soon." Or maybe it's in the middle of Act, Assess, Adjust. I was hoping the bump would alert our friend and he'd return with an update.

I still believe that a "desert replacement" is the best avenue for this.

gostorm21

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Sep 9, 2014
His Facebook page here posted as recently as October 2nd saying that it would be available for retail purchase soon...but there's quite a few other long-passed "coming soon" posts

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I actually was thinking about this the other night when I was cooking dinner and craving ice cream. I ended up making a cake with protein powder, but I actually would have been all about turning it into ice cream.

MoreVolume

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 6, 2016
NC
He made it clear from the jump that he wasn't someone to take seriously

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
He made it clear from the jump that he wasn't someone to take seriously

No I think he’s serious about his product. But he also made it very clear he didn’t want actual feedback and help.

StevieB

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 23, 2016
The OP isn't a regular here. Likely just wanted some feedback then forgot about the forum.

According to this "free samples" are estimated to ship next month with 244 entries (aka emails captured for potential marketing).

FREEZINda™ - Coming Soon!

Love the coupon spinner when you're about to go off the page to. I ended up buying a painting off a website a while back due to one of those.

James Doyle

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Mar 27, 2017
Tampa, FL
We have great news everyone, FREEZINda™ has launched and is now available for purchase. To show our appreciation for everyone here, we'd love to offer everyone who has participated free samples! All you have to do is: PM me for free samples or contact us via our webform at FREEZINda™ - Protein Powder Frozen Dessert Mix

Thanks for everyone's support, truly appreciate it peeps :) Have a blessed day,
Owner, FREEZINda™
James Doyle
1-800-683-1376 (x7)

James Doyle

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Mar 27, 2017
Tampa, FL
The OP isn't a regular here. Likely just wanted some feedback then forgot about the forum.

According to this "free samples" are estimated to ship next month with 244 entries (aka emails captured for potential marketing).

Love the coupon spinner when you're about to go off the page to. I ended up buying a painting off a website a while back due to one of those.
No I think he’s serious about his product. But he also made it very clear he didn’t want actual feedback and help.

Thanks for your response. Feedback is greatly appreciated :)

James Doyle

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Mar 27, 2017
Tampa, FL

Thanks for your response. Please see our latest post for samples :)

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Thanks for your response. Please see our latest post for samples :)

You need to clean up alot on your website.

1) Why do you have the Amazon 5 pack logo on your photo
2) Another photo has the word window in the white space
3) Why do you have the lot # and expiration date on your description?

Lucious

Lucious
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Oct 13, 2016
Australia
The recent purchases popups on the lower corner trigger too often. Makes it look like fake purchases (are they?). I would not purchase from websites with so many recent purchase pop-up notifications. First thing I think is bullshit.

And only 5-star reviews? No 4 star or 3-star reviews? Also makes it look like fake reviews (are they?).

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
The recent purchases popups on the lower corner trigger too often. Makes it look like fake purchases (are they?). I would not purchase from websites with so many recent purchase pop-up notifications. First thing I think is bullshit.

And only 5-star reviews? No 4 star or 3-star reviews? Also makes it look like fake reviews (are they?).

I'm willing to bet all of my rep money they aren't real purchases.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm willing to bet all of my rep money they aren't real purchases.

They usually aren't, or they're just feeding off old orders.

This module is pretty commonly used by eCommercers as a social proof tweak.

Still think the marketing/branding on this could be simplified into a "Desert Replacement" or a "Protein Desert".

Good luck, hope some Fastlaners get to try the free samples.

James Doyle

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Mar 27, 2017
Tampa, FL
Thanks guys!

They are legit orders and reviews on Shopify. Feel free to PM me with any sample requests. I'll surely look into changing the order popup for timing. Have a blessed day peeps!

-James

DVU

In Progress
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Sep 24, 2016
Croatia
This looks so horrible. Black font on top of awful looking product images.

You are selling food. Get someone to professionally photograph the product and put that up. If I were to land from an ad or some other source not knowing anything about the brand, Id just click off immediately.
Capture.PNG

James Doyle

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Mar 27, 2017
Tampa, FL
You need to clean up alot on your website.

1) Why do you have the Amazon 5 pack logo on your photo
2) Another photo has the word window in the white space
3) Why do you have the lot # and expiration date on your description?

Thanks biophase,

1.) Do you think we should make a custom 5 pack logo for other sites?
2.) Because the white space translates to a window on actual packaging.
3.) We had a miscommunication and date stamped product as MM/YY instead of MM/YYYY - Just lettings our customers know!

Thanks for your support.
-James

James Doyle

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Mar 27, 2017
Tampa, FL

Thanks for your comment. I fixed the popup, great idea! Let me know if timing is better? Lying is not in my DNA :)

Have a great day Lucious! Thanks again.

James Doyle

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Mar 27, 2017
Tampa, FL
They usually aren't, or they're just feeding off old orders.

This module is pretty commonly used by eCommercers as a social proof tweak.

Still think the marketing/branding on this could be simplified into a "Desert Replacement" or a "Protein Desert".

Good luck, hope some Fastlaners get to try the free samples.

Thanks MJ, really couldn't sleep last night and thought about your post. I didn't use 'dessert replacement' because I kept thinking of a phrase like "FREEZINda is a dessert replacement for individuals who drink whey protein shakes." Meaning, it would deter individuals who do not drink protein shakes to not buy our product and protein to try us out. Do you think this would suffice: "FREEZINda can be a dessert replacement for individuals who drink whey protein shakes."?

Correct there is a time delay on the app for sales orders. Thanks for your time!

StevieB

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 23, 2016
Thanks MJ, really couldn't sleep last night and thought about your post. I didn't use 'dessert replacement' because I kept thinking of a phrase like "FREEZINda is a dessert replacement for individuals who drink whey protein shakes." Meaning, it would deter individuals who do not drink protein shakes to not buy our product and protein to try us out. Do you think this would suffice: "FREEZINda can be a dessert replacement for individuals who drink whey protein shakes."?

Correct there is a time delay on the app for sales orders. Thanks for your time!

You're making a rookie mistake (been there many times) and trying to market to broad an audience. I don't believe people are going to purchase this THEN purchase protein powder just to try it. Unless it becomes a huge hit, which it can't be unless you have a laser focus on a specific target audience that's more likely to purchase it initially.

I'd focus more on marketing it to those who already drink protein shakes as a regular part of their diet. Market it as a 'healthy alternative' to desserts -- as people who drink protein shakes are likely health conscious so it would be a powerful attraction for them. Put your ad-spend toward health conscious individuals who workout as they are more likely to have protein whey laying around.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.