• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Notable! Turn Any Protein Powder into an Ice Cream Like Dessert - Need Feedback on FREEZINda™

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by James Doyle, Mar 27, 2017.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
  1. James Doyle

James Doyle New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $63
    Hey guys,

I know self promotion is not highly regarded around here. But, I need feedback on my concept and new company. I came up with a way to turn any protein powder into an ice cream like dessert. The concept is similar to making Jell-O, but you would place in the freezer instead of the refrigerator. I don't have the final product yet, I'm simply just asking for feedback on the website & concept. Thanks for your time :)

Protein Powder Ice Cream Like Dessert Mix | Protein Powder Recipes

God bless,
    -James

dru-man likes this.
  2. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $225,790
    GuitarManDan, James Doyle and 100k like this.
  3. The-J

The-J Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $10,491
    What's stopping me from just pouring milk and protein powder in a bag and placing it in another bag with ice and salt?

How does FREEZINda make it easier?

I saw that it takes 14 hours. What?! I can make a single serving of ice cream in less than an hour. Why does it take so long?

People who drink protein shakes tend to be pretty serious about their health. Is it natural ingredients? Does it contain gluten, MSG, gelatin, trans fats, artificial preservatives or flavors, dyes? Is it vegetarian? Will it fit my macros? Does it have added sugar?

4. wade1mil

wade1mil Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,513
    I like the product idea - very unique.

The website and video honestly looks like a bunch of Fiverr gigs pasted together, and for a consumable product, it makes you seem untrustworthy.

The theme is more for kids or young girls, so if your market is people who workout and drink protein powder, I think you're way off.

Show pictures of fit people making/eating your product.

Make the theme black and metal/edgy looking like a gym or a workout program would.

Protein powder drinkers typically want to know macros and micros - show a nutrition table.

The website says 50 calories in one place and 150 in another, and only mentions low sugar (which is relative).

This is more of a personal thing, but if your product is all carbs (13 or 37 carbs depending on correct calorie count), I wouldn't buy the product.

Protein powders should have a lot of protein, but less than 5 carbs and fat - otherwise it's not a protein powder, but a calorie powder.

If you add 13 or 37 carbs to a protein shake, it defeats the purpose of consuming protein powder since you're not really getting a protein surplus.

GuitarManDan, The-J, Raaa and 6 others like this.
  5. Scot

Scot Ductus Exemplo Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $24,029
    Here's my feedback.

Ingredients list, what's in it? People who drink protein powder usually care about that.

Also, if you're drinking protein shakes regularly, I wouldn't say you're tired of it.
    For me, I usually enjoy my shakes or it's a quick way to fill out my macros.

Instead try talking about the limited dessert options for a healthy diet.

"Have a dressert craving but don't want to kill your macros? Pour Freezinda into the protein powder you already have and enjoy healthy icecream you can't buy at the store"

Make sure you point out there really isn't protein icecream out there, stress the convenience of already having your own powder too.

Website looks good on phones too.

Maybe make the first thing I see on the landing page a bowl of icecream instead of a video.

6. G-Man

G-Man Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $4,238
    You married to the Freezinda name?

I kind of echo some of the other copy/design reactions but those are easy enough to fix.... I just can't get past the name.

GuitarManDan, The-J, Magnor and 3 others like this.
  7. MoneyDoc

MoneyDoc Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,730
    Look at the amount of GREAT feedback you're getting on your first post to this forum. You're a lucky one.

Nomadic, GuitarManDan, The-J and 9 others like this.
  8. Scot

Scot Ductus Exemplo Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $24,029

I keep wanting to call it Freeze Linda...

9. JAJT

JAJT Ha Ha! Business Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $42,830
    Glad I'm not the only one, haha.

10. G-Man

G-Man Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $4,238
    A protein shake so powerful it can actually make that one coworker stop talking.

11. PeterCastle

PeterCastle Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,619
    You may not want to list yourself as a testimonial.

12. biophase

biophase Legendary Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $112,607
    This would only be good in warm weather. Can't imagine leaving a gym in Chicago winter and wanting ice cream.

13. Martinv678

Martinv678 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,219
    I just changed the css slightly and think it looks a little cleaner with a white header and the logo a little small also:

Attached Files:

14. GMSI7D

GMSI7D Gold Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,496
    you should also get feedback from your customer avatar : body builder or real people using protein powder at the gym or anywhere.

audioBoom / 054: Your Customer Avatar

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08-_QTkcJx4

the keyword is TEST

you have to test everything because logic and reason don't work very well with the emotional and irrational needs of people

people don't think like us

we think " it's a great idea ! " and nobody buys

we think "this idea is stupid" and everybody buys.

i have done business on ebay : people bought the stupid things i thought nobody would want to buy

and nobody wanted the things i thought would be sold quickly.

people are irrational

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    James Doyle likes this.
  15. MoreVolume

MoreVolume Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $672
    *send me some samples -_-

James Doyle and Scot like this.
  16. KSR

KSR Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,816
    I really dislike the name - is there a reason for it?
    How about ProFreeze or something.

You should definitely get rid of your own testimonial, just have your best friends have some or something. Looks more legit.

You should reconsider the packaging, people who go to the gym don't want to see frost flakes or pink man - we see cool shit that makes us want to lift heavier, get bigger...

17. startinup

startinup Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $814
    Honestly, I don't see the need...

I've been lifting for 4 years and I don't really think that protein powder tastes bad. Optimum Nutrition makes good tasting protein powder. Their "extreme chocolate milk" flavor tastes great with just cold water. They are a huge brand and are known for having good tasting protein powders.

Plus, a lot of cheaper brands are trying to make their protein powder taste better too. There is even a relatively new company Legion that makes their protein powder taste great without artificial sweeteners. Protein powder is tasting better and better, so I don't see this being something people really need...

You can already get greek yogurt ice cream bars that have decent protein content and taste really good. I crave them. They are pretty high in carbs so are basically a desert to make meal planning less painful, and you can buy them straight from the store.

For me, I'd rather stick to chicken for getting my protein content, and when I've used protein powder I've never had a problem with the taste.

I think it's an interesting idea, and one people will say sounds cool, but I'm not sure they will be willing to back that up with their cash.

This is just one lifter's opinion... If I were you, I'd do more research to find out if other bodybuilders/lifters would actually buy it. Maybe try on reddit.com/r/bodybuilding or it's little less fit brother reddit.com/r/fitness.

---

P.S. Please don't leave reviews and testimonials as the founder. It made me cringe a bit.

18. Scot

Rep Bank:
    $24,029
    I have a strong suspicion he came here to drop his site link and never come back. If he genuinely wanted feedback on his business concept, you think he wouldn't have logged off 10 min after his post and not come back since...

19. G-Man

Rep Bank:
    $4,238
    The freezinda twitter account is him announcing himself as the company's "sweepstakes winner" :clench:

ThirtyOne, James Doyle and 100k like this.
  20. Scot

Rep Bank:
    $24,029
    IMG_6370.JPG

Fox, ExaltedLife, Locomote and 5 others like this.
  21. MoreVolume

MoreVolume Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $672
    lol thats funny
    and kinda sad. im going to have to edit the post i made earlier

James Doyle likes this.
  22. CycleGuy

CycleGuy Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,385
    As others have stated the nutrition needs to be addressed in detail.
    The market is tough to break into, your audience(myself included) might not see the need.
    $4 a pack? Pass, protein powder is popular due to convenience, price, and taste.
    Your youtube video looked like it was from 2005. Iphone 5 videos are better quality.

James Doyle likes this.
  23. Ravens_Shadow

Ravens_Shadow Forging My Own Reality Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,098
    Did a quick google and he's spamming this shit on other forums too. Ban him.

[​IMG]

24. KSR

KSR Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,816
    Yeah, I fucken love my protein shake after my workout. It's the best part haha.

Also, fuck this guy. Using the goodwill of people to promote his piece of shit business.

James Doyle likes this.
  25. ddzc

ddzc Gold Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,717
    What a joke. The value provided in the responses (if he read them) would have been highly beneficial for this poor fella, but instead he's probably still spamming a ton of other forums and reddit and will continue doing so until the business dies a slow and painful death. #landfill

jon2089, James Doyle, Scot and 2 others like this.