The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tired of living in Brazil. How can I (should I?) move my entire company elsewhere?

gallagher99

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Feb 18, 2015
Honestly I'm really tired of living in this country. I don't feel at home and EVERYTHING is turning out to be really expensive, insanely high taxes, really hard to accomplish anything, really burocratic in terms of doing business, we are in the middle of an economic crisis and this recession is killing me.
I love what I do, but I don't like where I am (in terms of location). I don't like the food, the people, the music, the sports, the weather, etc.

Long story short: I have a clothing shop AND an industry. So it is 2 completely different business, but they complete each other. So I can manufacture the product for myself (and others), and sell it in my own store/shop.

I could keep the store here and build the industry elsewhere. I could take all my machines and put in a container and build my industry in another country, or I could sell everything and start from zero. Or I could find an angel investor and keep both industries.
Obviously, still lots to think yet.

Japan, Canada, Australia, USA, Germany, Norway, Finland, Denmark, UK, Italy, France and Spain would be my primary choice. But I suppose it is far away right now, since money is not enough, rent is expensive, price of labor is expensive, etc.

I was thinking of countries like Malaysia, Indonesia, Combodia, Vietnam, Thailand or Philippines.

Anyway. What would determine in my decision would be the rent price, cost of labor, burocracy, how can I import/export, etc.

Obviously it is not something that I'd do overnight, but It is something that has been in my mind for quite a while and I'll do it in the future, maybe in one or two years.

Just to ilustrate. I'd build something like this.factory_workers.jpg

What do you guys think about it?
Am I going insane?
Edit: Is there any accurate way to find about safety, rent prices, labor prices, etc. In each of those countries?

RIGHT NOW it is completely impossible for me in terms of money, but staying here is killing me :(

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Do it.

There's a ton of money in arbitraging labor (aka opening up a factory overseas and then selling the outputs in Brazil).

It'll be harder than you think, but can be done.

Make sure you have enough money to execute, then go out and do it. There's no reason for you to stay at home. Worst case scenario you'll have a story to tell.

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
How many of those countries have you visited?

One thing you didn't mention, is legal hurdles. The EU overall, and then each of the other nations, have their own laws and procedures for immigration. If you will be there more than a short amount of time, as more than a tourist, then you'll need to know the rules for visas, short term residency, and permanent residency, for yourself. A search on "business immigration" should provide plenty of starting places. You'll also need to be aware of trade wars, tariffs, tax and legal structure of your multinational business. Maybe you've already looked into all of this, and didn't mention it in your initial post. If not, you have a lot of homework ahead, for you or your advisory team!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I think that @GlobalWealth will have some suggestions for you. Plenty of countries will be more than happy to offer you residency and perhaps even lower taxes or a loan if you move your business there and hire some local employees.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.