• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Tired of living in Brazil. How can I (should I?) move my entire company elsewhere?

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by gallagher99, May 14, 2018.

1. gallagher99

gallagher99 Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $187
    Honestly I'm really tired of living in this country. I don't feel at home and EVERYTHING is turning out to be really expensive, insanely high taxes, really hard to accomplish anything, really burocratic in terms of doing business, we are in the middle of an economic crisis and this recession is killing me.
    I love what I do, but I don't like where I am (in terms of location). I don't like the food, the people, the music, the sports, the weather, etc.

Long story short: I have a clothing shop AND an industry. So it is 2 completely different business, but they complete each other. So I can manufacture the product for myself (and others), and sell it in my own store/shop.

I could keep the store here and build the industry elsewhere. I could take all my machines and put in a container and build my industry in another country, or I could sell everything and start from zero. Or I could find an angel investor and keep both industries.
    Obviously, still lots to think yet.

Japan, Canada, Australia, USA, Germany, Norway, Finland, Denmark, UK, Italy, France and Spain would be my primary choice. But I suppose it is far away right now, since money is not enough, rent is expensive, price of labor is expensive, etc.

I was thinking of countries like Malaysia, Indonesia, Combodia, Vietnam, Thailand or Philippines.

Anyway. What would determine in my decision would be the rent price, cost of labor, burocracy, how can I import/export, etc.

Obviously it is not something that I'd do overnight, but It is something that has been in my mind for quite a while and I'll do it in the future, maybe in one or two years.

Just to ilustrate. I'd build something like this. factory_workers.jpg

What do you guys think about it?
    Am I going insane?
    Edit: Is there any accurate way to find about safety, rent prices, labor prices, etc. In each of those countries?

RIGHT NOW it is completely impossible for me in terms of money, but staying here is killing me :(

2. LifestyleGem

LifestyleGem Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $164
  3. AgainstAllOdds

AgainstAllOdds Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $66,937
    Do it.

There's a ton of money in arbitraging labor (aka opening up a factory overseas and then selling the outputs in Brazil).

It'll be harder than you think, but can be done.

Make sure you have enough money to execute, then go out and do it. There's no reason for you to stay at home. Worst case scenario you'll have a story to tell.

4. Late Bloomer

Late Bloomer Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,804
    How many of those countries have you visited?

One thing you didn't mention, is legal hurdles. The EU overall, and then each of the other nations, have their own laws and procedures for immigration. If you will be there more than a short amount of time, as more than a tourist, then you'll need to know the rules for visas, short term residency, and permanent residency, for yourself. A search on "business immigration" should provide plenty of starting places. You'll also need to be aware of trade wars, tariffs, tax and legal structure of your multinational business. Maybe you've already looked into all of this, and didn't mention it in your initial post. If not, you have a lot of homework ahead, for you or your advisory team!

5. MTF

MTF Never give up Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $82,713
    I think that @GlobalWealth will have some suggestions for you. Plenty of countries will be more than happy to offer you residency and perhaps even lower taxes or a loan if you move your business there and hire some local employees.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.