The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

TikTok May Be BANNED In The US

Marketing, social media, advertising

Guyfieri5

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jul 13, 2019
Raleigh, North Carolina
Hey all you bootlicking Bolsheviks!

Just going to post the new food pyramid published by the same government you are encouraging to ban stuff.

Seems smart! Trust the government!
View attachment 46782
I feel so much better after replacing my morning eggs cooked in 100% grass-fed butter with egg substitute fried in vegetable oil. Sometimes I add a bit of canned pineapple in heavy syrup to the mix if I'm looking for a healthy boost.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Carlitos

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jul 13, 2016
New York City
Youtube already offers short form videos as well. So I don't think you have to look very far to see who could benefit from a TikTok ban. Gen Z will be able to fry their brains on Youtube instead.
I wonder if I can start reuploading all my videos i have done on tick tock to youtbe short videos as well. Would this help me target local clients as well? I am a small business that uses tick tock to educate potential clients about what i do.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I feel so much better after replacing my morning eggs cooked in 100% grass-fed butter with egg substitute fried in vegetable oil. Sometimes I add a bit of canned pineapple in heavy syrup to the mix if I'm looking for a healthy boost.
Make sure while you’re making these healthy changes that you watch Instagram reels and YouTube shorts instead of TikTok videos.

Also, and this should go without saying, say the pledge of allegiance before you do any of this.

Wash it all down with a big cup of fluoride and go get boosted for the 4th time.

Guyfieri5

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jul 13, 2019
Raleigh, North Carolina
Make sure while you’re making these healthy changes that you watch Instagram reels and YouTube shorts instead of TikTok videos.

Also, and this goes without saying, say the pledge of allegiance before you do any of this.
I was actually going to watch a documentary about how great Monsanto and GMOs are for humanity with my afternoon glass of soy milk but I'll add these items to the list.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I was actually going to watch a documentary about how great Monsanto and GMOs are for humanity with my afternoon glass of soy milk but I'll add these items to the list.
Good job doing your part comrade. Your country thanks you. :rofl:

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
554%
Apr 17, 2022
I am one step ahead. I have a soy based replacement for the egg substitute.

They said salt is bad for me so now I am using sugar instead.

I eat from a recycled plastic plate with a paper knife and fork.

And I couldn't be happier.

Guyfieri5

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jul 13, 2019
Raleigh, North Carolina

Absolutely genius

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

The government should just ban eggs at this point. For crying out loud… It’s 2023 and we have egg substitute now. It’s better.

I know, I know, all you freedom lovers might take issue, and normally I’d agree, but what really is freedom? Freedom to harm yourself with a hard boiled egg? That’s just stupid. Freedom is doing what the government tells me! Freedom… More like FreeDUMB.

After that 4th booster, I have to say I’m becoming very fond of the Microsoft family of products. Have you guys seen the new Surface Pro Max Plus 12 and Zune?

odlyprincess

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Nov 28, 2022
All this reminded me that a post I read recently. We think about plastic as it persists in the environment for a very long time, endangering wildlife and dispersing pollutants.
But also, due to the strength and biodegradability of the filaments and plastics used in 3D printing, less plastic waste is produced. And businesses (as well as individuals who are just starting out) can employ other types of recycled materials in 3D printing.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

odlyprincess

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Nov 28, 2022
All this reminded me that a post I read recently. We think about plastic as it persists in the environment for a very long time, endangering wildlife and dispersing pollutants.
But also, due to the strength and biodegradability of the filaments and plastics used in 3D printing, less plastic waste is produced. And businesses (as well as individuals who are just starting out) can employ other types of recycled materials in 3D printing.
I was thinking about this a lot. found this video showing how to recycle a plastic bottle into a filament for 3d printing.
Just ordered this 3d printer to try this on my own.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6Pjh18MmXY

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Jadus

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jul 21, 2020
Thailand
I think people should be more worried about overreaching government in the USA, rather than China. What are they going to do in Montana? Go around inspecting everyone's phone? It's ridiculous and unenforceable.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
But I wonder how a tiktok ban could be enforced.

It might be at most a restricted assess from the Telco internet provider, that you can easily get around with VPN.

Prateik Lohani

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Mar 11, 2023
This app is a weaponized trojan horse that has proven spyware capabilities built-in and is also used to destroy whatever is left of gen-z's attention span.

This is not "entertainment", this is cyber warfare.
Could not agree more. Every day I thank god that I was never a sucker for short form content.
Shit literally reduces your attention span to that of a F*cking peanut.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I think people should be more worried about overreaching government in the USA, rather than China. What are they going to do in Montana? Go around inspecting everyone's phone? It's ridiculous and unenforceable.

But I wonder how a tiktok ban could be enforced.

It might be at most a restricted assess from the Telco internet provider, that you can easily get around with VPN.

I read that the ban will start in Jan 2024 (existing users won't be able to update the app). I think if they do go ahead, they'll restrict it at the internet service provider level and also the Android Play/Apple app store in the US. This will already make it hard for many new users to download the app. They can use VPN and APKs but these are already a big hindrance to users. If they want to go hardcore, maybe they'll even get the VPN companies to get their VPN apps to stop working once it detects the app sending/receiving traffic is TiKTok. The Great Firewall of America lol

Anyway, VPN will spoil the user experience heavily, especially on mobile networks. Lags like mad.

Prdgy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Mar 27, 2023
Ban banning things.

I don’t care if people want to drink alcohol. I don’t care if they want to do crack. I don’t care if they want to balloon up to 600 pounds on McDonalds. I don’t care if they want to risk their lives doing something stupid.

So, I certainly don’t care if someone wants to rot their mind on TikTok.

If you don’t want your kid on TikTok, don’t let them have a TikTok.

Banning things that the king declares “aren’t good for you” is not America. Well, it wasn’t. Now we are begging for collective decrees.
Totally agree with all that Kak is saying. It's your responsibility to ensure that you (or your kid) develop healthily, not the government.

iu

^ This also applies here.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
A lot of people in the US are taking TikTok's generous organic reach for granted.
From an entrepreneurial point of view, TikTok made many small businesses lots of $$$. You've these college students building an audience there and getting orders flooding in. Try doing that on Instagram 2023.

Since TT is location-locked, this means tiny countries or countries like New Zealand with sparse population won't receive the full benefits / get the full power of its organic reach, but Americans do, and they want to ban it lol

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.