The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone hiring in the US?

RockBottom

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Mar 19, 2011
Hi folks,

I was not sure where to post this thread in the forum and I am hoping this is right area to ask this. Do any of the entrepreneurs/business owners in here hiring? I am an ex IT guy, broke, living in DFW, am open to relocate anywhere in the US, just need to make a consistent monthly salary. I would appreciate any legit opportunities please, thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EmotionEngine

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Sep 15, 2020
United States
Hi folks,

I was not sure where to post this thread in the forum and I am hoping this is right area to ask this. Do any of the entrepreneurs/business owners in here hiring? I am an ex IT guy, broke, living in DFW, am open to relocate anywhere in the US, just need to make a consistent monthly salary. I would appreciate any legit opportunities please, thank you.

If I were you I'd use LinkedIn or Indeed and get a stable job first, especially if you are broke. Look for opportunities on here after.

RockBottom

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Mar 19, 2011
If I were you I'd use LinkedIn or Indeed and get a stable job first, especially if you are broke. Look for opportunities on here after.
I’ve tried those, absolutely no responses from my applications over there.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
You got to try harder or find an in-person job. Less companies are looking for remote workers. As with running a business, employees have to reposition themselves for the future as well.

In regards to looking for work, this is not really the place. LinkedIn, Indeed, and Zip Recruiter is your best bet.

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.
@RockBottom

I'll give some direct and honest input.

You're already looking at this wrong

No one cares what YOU want. Businesses need to know - in seconds, what you can do for them.

Our company has hired ~30-40 people this year - still actively hiring.
From $20/hr to $100k/year, managers to front line workers.

99% of applicants, I reject in seconds.

I don't care what school someone went to.
I don't care what famous companies someone worked for.

How.Will.You.Help.Us.Win.

Do the research about us.
Understand your skill set - and how it would help us.

I don't mean 'uh, I'm an IT guy, I can do IT'
Hard pass.

What is helpful to me (a guy actively hiring people, daily)....

"Hey, I researched your company a bit.
It looks like you're using: XYZ ERP, ABC as your ecommerce, these systems and that.
It also looks like you're multi-location and different countries.

I've got experience with mid-cap specialty businesses like yours that have scaled up.
I learned a lot about production systems that would probably apply to your product.
I don't know everything about what you do - but I think I could support your public goals, and also likely your non-public goals of driving efficiency as you scale.

I'm a self starter, I don't require a lot of management.
I'm stable and efficient - I know my role and I am eager to contribute to a good company, winning.

I am available at any hour, any day this week, to have a 5 minute conversation.
If you think I'm a faker, or not as good of a contributor as I say - then you've wasted 5 minutes.
If I AM what I say I AM. I think you should find out - because I like what I see in your company, and I think I can help you guys achieve your goals.'

^^^ I'll call that person back for 5 minutes, 100/100 times.

--

TELL ME HOW YOU CAN HELP ME.
Show me the problems I'm overlooking.
Educate me on what you could do for us.

I don't care about you, or your desire for a stable paycheck.
If you say that - I won't hire you. You sound like a loser when you say that.

Good companies want people who want to work hard, bleed for the business, and be part of a high performing team of A players who are doing big things.

Well... not all companies do. But I sure hope all of us who have been on this forum for years - expect nothing less from our people.

--
Wow me, and you'll get an interview.
Email me on linked in, or apply on Indeed... and it's just 99.9999% I won't ever respond.
We get tons of applicants for every job. You have to stand out to be seen.

And you stand out by telling me things I don't know, helping me see how you could help me, and my team - WIN.

James njihia

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 14, 2021
@RockBottom

I'll give some direct and honest input.

You're already looking at this wrong

No one cares what YOU want. Businesses need to know - in seconds, what you can do for them.

Our company has hired ~30-40 people this year - still actively hiring.
From $20/hr to $100k/year, managers to front line workers.

99% of applicants, I reject in seconds.

I don't care what school someone went to.
I don't care what famous companies someone worked for.

How.Will.You.Help.Us.Win.

Do the research about us.
Understand your skill set - and how it would help us.

I don't mean 'uh, I'm an IT guy, I can do IT'
Hard pass.

What is helpful to me (a guy actively hiring people, daily)....

"Hey, I researched your company a bit.
It looks like you're using: XYZ ERP, ABC as your ecommerce, these systems and that.
It also looks like you're multi-location and different countries.

I've got experience with mid-cap specialty businesses like yours that have scaled up.
I learned a lot about production systems that would probably apply to your product.
I don't know everything about what you do - but I think I could support your public goals, and also likely your non-public goals of driving efficiency as you scale.

I'm a self starter, I don't require a lot of management.
I'm stable and efficient - I know my role and I am eager to contribute to a good company, winning.

I am available at any hour, any day this week, to have a 5 minute conversation.
If you think I'm a faker, or not as good of a contributor as I say - then you've wasted 5 minutes.
If I AM what I say I AM. I think you should find out - because I like what I see in your company, and I think I can help you guys achieve your goals.'

^^^ I'll call that person back for 5 minutes, 100/100 times.

--

TELL ME HOW YOU CAN HELP ME.
Show me the problems I'm overlooking.
Educate me on what you could do for us.

I don't care about you, or your desire for a stable paycheck.
If you say that - I won't hire you. You sound like a loser when you say that.

Good companies want people who want to work hard, bleed for the business, and be part of a high performing team of A players who are doing big things.

Well... not all companies do. But I sure hope all of us who have been on this forum for years - expect nothing less from our people.

--
Wow me, and you'll get an interview.
Email me on linked in, or apply on Indeed... and it's just 99.9999% I won't ever respond.
We get tons of applicants for every job. You have to stand out to be seen.

And you stand out by telling me things I don't know, helping me see how you could help me, and my team - WIN.
I wish I had a boss like you.. you leadership seem very intellect.i will definitely try this

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Those people are very very hard to find. If they are as you say, why would they work for you?! They’d go out and build a business of their own.

So for the most part this self-starter crap is just organisational propaganda. A real self-starter won’t apply to work for you.

In a way this is the exact reverse of the loser worker who doesn’t give a rats a$$ about your company.

This is the company who doesn’t give a rats a$$ about the worker, and just cares about its own performance and winning.

Unrealistic and idealistic bullshit for the most part, on both sides of the equation.

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Oct 10, 2022
Have you applied AT LEAST 50 times? With a proper personalized CV and Cover?

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Those people are very very hard to find. If they are as you say, why would they work for you?! They’d go out and build a business of their own.

Maybe where I grew up but I know quite a few fellow Gen Xers who have those qualities but have zero abilities or balls to start a business and are quite content to retire between 50 to 65 as some sort of slow lane millionaire who are drone talented hard core company men who just live for the weekends.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Maybe where I grew up but I know quite a few fellow Gen Xers who have those qualities but have zero abilities or balls to start a business and are quite content to retire between 50 to 65 as some sort of slow lane millionaire who are drone talented hard core company men who just live for the weekends.
I agree, but they don’t “bleed for the business”. They deliver a solid service, they are true professionals. But they don’t care for the company. They care for the weekends and what working for the company can get for them. Which is normal in the end… I wouldn’t expect anything more from them.

If I worked for someone else as an employee, yes, I’d deliver a solid service for them. But I wouldn’t bleed for the company. I wouldn’t be thinking about new ideas to grow the business on the weekends or when I’m off work. And so on.

It’s an unhealthy mentality to expect people who don’t own the business to do these things. And people with such expectations are bound to come to disappointments sooner or later.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Hi folks,

While I couldn’t help you I am interested in your story and experience.

What kind of job you are looking for? Why did you lose your previous job? How is the job market now?

Fed has been saying job market is fairly good and that is the reason they give for backing rate hike so far. I wonder how true it is on the ground.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

So for the most part this self-starter crap is just organisational propaganda. A real self-starter won’t apply to work for you.

In a way this is the exact reverse of the loser worker who doesn’t give a rats a$$ about your company.

This is the company who doesn’t give a rats a$$ about the worker, and just cares about its own performance and winning.

Unrealistic and idealistic bullshit for the most part, on both sides of the equation.
They are not difficult to find. But most companies don’t need them. So most of then up working for themselves.

Companies and HR screen for relevant experience. If you want to switch roles you will find you encounter enormous objection even if you are sincere and proactive. They will tell you that they like you as a person for your hunger but they are are looking for someone who has done xyz before.

Well I accept that after all companies are not training houses unless your uncle runs it.

I remember making it into round three of an interview and was offered a role not I applied for. What a time waster. Got to suppress my anger that they wasted my time and told them “I need to think about it” and they never hear from me again.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.