The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Three biggest mistakes when starting meditation

Anything related to matters of the mind

Luis Weiland

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Oct 13, 2020
❌Posture
Are you sitting comfortably? Do you have a straight back?

❌Thinking
Are you thinking a lot? Are there any repressed thoughts or feelings which arise? Can you let go of your thinking? Do you have moments of silence?

❌Technique
Do you have Techniques you like? Can you meditate without any apps or youtube videos? Can you shift your attention away from your thoughts to the technique?

If these questions made you realize that you could do way better with meditation, feel free to ask your questions down below or send me a direct message. I'm happy to help.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
❌Posture

❌Thinking
Are you thinking a lot? Are there any repressed thoughts or feelings which arise? Can you let go of your thinking? Do you have moments of silence?

❌Technique
Do you have Techniques you like? Can you meditate without any apps or youtube videos? Can you shift your attention away from your thoughts to the technique?

If these questions made you realize that you could do way better with meditation, feel free to ask your questions down below or send me a direct message. I'm happy to help.
@Luis Weiland I am practicing meditation for the last 7 days using sam harris waking up course.
I have meditated before also but not more than 15 days at a stretch.

my question for you is
how progress is measured in meditation?

Wil22

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jun 8, 2020
Philadelphia,Pa
❌Posture

❌Thinking

❌Technique

Excellent

Luis Weiland

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Oct 13, 2020
@Luis Weiland I am practicing meditation for the last 7 days using sam harris waking up course.
I have meditated before also but not more than 15 days at a stretch.

my question for you is
how progress is measured in meditation?
Hello Suryapratap! Thank you for your comment, it's a great question and I have heard it a couple of times.
You can't measure it directly, it depends from person to person. I don't know what your motivation is ( stress, overthinking, etc, or the benefits), but you will see that you will become more stress-resistant, happier, etc. It all depends on your practice, for how long you have been doing it, and if you have been doing it correctly.
May I ask what your motivation was to start and what you want to achieve by meditating?

Harsha Vardhan

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Aug 7, 2020
INDIA
❌Posture

❌Thinking

❌Technique

Thank you for putting up this tread!!

I have been doing meditation for few days but not consistently.
I have been doing meditation with the app called Headspace.
My motivation is to become calm & Think well.
My posture is I sit on the floor, Chair sometimes (This is what they suggest in the app). , Sleep on the floor.
And there are lot of thoughts that come to my mind. When I do meditation.

My question to you is
When I complete my meditation like around 5-10 mins I'm not feeling anything like I have meditated and I do it around the evening time.
And is it good to do meditation with apps Especially headspace??

Victor1

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Oct 17, 2020
Hello Luis,
thanks for the great tread. I am also interested in taking up meditation, but to be honest I never tried it before.
So my question is What is the best way to start? Can you give me pls any instructions about that?
There are many materials on Google but I don`t know which one is more trustworthy.
Thank you beforehand

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
❌Posture

❌Thinking

❌Technique

Hmmm

Apps and guide meditations can be extremely useful. There are not mistakes at all.

I'm mediating daily. For the most part I don't use any apps. But I started with guided mediations, and with timer (bip at intervals).
I wouldn't be meditating had I not used them.

Thinking too. I have moments of silence because I stay aware of my thoughts when they come without clinging to them. And also when I focus on my breath.

I don't think the goal is to stop thinking, or preventing emotions/feelings. That's counterproductive and frustrating, specially for beginners. The goal is to be aware and present.

metallon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Oct 13, 2020
Salem, India
So my question is What is the best way to start?
Try waking up app by Sam Harris. It has 28 days introductory course, which teaches basics of meditation. I've been using this app for almost a year. Consistency is the key to become good meditator. I took 50 days to complete introductory course. I think it's worth it how it helped me physiologically.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Try waking up app by Sam Harris. It has 28 days introductory course, which teaches basics of meditation. I've been using this app for almost a year. Consistency is the key to become good meditator. I took 50 days to complete introductory course. I think it's worth it how it helped me physiologically.
I am taking the same course

Victor1

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Oct 17, 2020
Thank you for advice Metallon ☺️

Last edited:

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
I tried Calm and Headspace but I found I couldn't stick with it, or get to the blissful Zen place you see many people talk about. Out of frustration I ended up making my own... my thoughts currently are you need to get your brain into the theta state which takes at least 10 minutes to reach... so forget the first ten minutes of any meditation... though for me to really tap into the bliss/Zen state I find I need about 3o minutes and because my brain is so hyperactive I need to use Binaural Beats... I've a free track you can use to test out my theory called "Earth Pulse". Feel free to check it out! It's in the Potions section!

Brainwave-States (1).jpg

Luis Weiland

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Oct 13, 2020
Thank you for putting up this tread!!

I have been doing meditation for few days but not consistently.
I have been doing meditation with the app called Headspace.
My motivation is to become calm & Think well.
My posture is I sit on the floor, Chair sometimes (This is what they suggest in the app). , Sleep on the floor.
And there are lot of thoughts that come to my mind. When I do meditation.

My question to you is
When I complete my meditation like around 5-10 mins I'm not feeling anything like I have meditated and I do it around the evening time.
And is it good to do meditation with apps Especially headspace??
You are welcome, Harsha! 5-10 minutes is nothing, that's why you don't feel satisfied afterwards.
Guided meditations are definitely good at the beginning to get a sense for meditation. You can use headspace or
guided meditations on youtube to start out, but you should be able to meditate without this.

I help professionals and entrepreneurs to learn meditation within 8 weeks, so they can finally let go and feel good, without being exhausted by racing thoughts or sleepless nights.
Is this generally interesting for you?

Luis Weiland

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Oct 13, 2020
Hello Luis,
thanks for the great tread. I am also interested in taking up meditation, but to be honest I never tried it before.
So my question is What is the best way to start? Can you give me pls any instructions about that?
There are many materials on Google but I don`t know which one is more trustworthy.
Thank you beforehand
Hello Victor! Thank you for your comment.
To get a feeling for meditation, you can use a guided meditation on youtube or an app, but this isn't a long term solution, because you usually just learn breathing techniques and you don't learnhow to do it on your own.

I help professionals and entrepreneurs to learn meditation within 8 weeks, so they can finally let go and feel good, without being exhausted by stress and racing thoughts.

Luis Weiland

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Oct 13, 2020
I tried Calm and Headspace but I found I couldn't stick with it, or get to the blissful Zen place you see many people talk about. Out of frustration I ended up making my own... my thoughts currently are you need to get your brain into the theta state which takes at least 10 minutes to reach... so forget the first ten minutes of any meditation... though for me to really tap into the bliss/Zen state I find I need about 3o minutes and because my brain is so hyperactive I need to use Binaural Beats... I've a free track you can use to test out my theory called "Earth Pulse". Feel free to check it out! It's in the Potions section!

View attachment 35442
Hello Hadrian! Thank you for sharing this. I also use binaural beats sometimes. Do you create these beats?

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Hello Hadrian! Thank you for sharing this. I also use binaural beats sometimes. Do you create these beats?
Hi Hi one of my content Partners does... Its not that difficult as far as I can tell!!!!

Another guy I know has a free app called U4Ea... its good for playing around with various Binaural Beats...

check it out if you get a chance! :peace:

Harsha Vardhan

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Aug 7, 2020
INDIA
Harsha! 5-10 minutes is nothing
Never thought about this one so how much time should i meditate.
You can use headspace or
guided meditations on youtube to start out, but you should be able to meditate without this.
I use headspace normally but what do you suggest?
I help professionals and entrepreneurs to learn meditation within 8 weeks, so they can finally let go and feel good, without being exhausted by racing thoughts or sleepless nights.
Good to hear brother!!
Yes!

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
@Luis Weiland nothing wrong with your approach, but I suggest you should build rapport first.

to me you are just a random guy on the internet, I don't know how, what, why about you.

What's your story?

Luis Weiland

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Oct 13, 2020
@Luis Weiland nothing wrong with your approach, but I suggest you should build rapport first.

to me you are just a random guy on the internet, I don't know how, what, why about you.

What's your story?
Thank you very much, Raja. You are right.
I'm 22 years young, I've been practicing meditation for 4 years now and I've overcome problems like depression and negative thoughts. I haven't felt stress in half a year and I feel so happy and fulfilled since I'm practicing Daily.
I'm Coaching meditation for 6 months now, delivering great results for my clients.

D

Deleted74338

The only meditation that I found to work was shikantaza. With other forms I always felt like there was pressure to do something, with shikantaza I just "observe" my thoughts come and go but I don't focus on them. Still can't get into the habit of doing it daily. Do you have any experience with yoga?

Luis Weiland

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Oct 13, 2020
The only meditation that I found to work was shikantaza. With other forms I always felt like there was pressure to do something, with shikantaza I just "observe" my thoughts come and go but I don't focus on them. Still can't get into the habit of doing it daily. Do you have any experience with yoga?
Nice! Shikantaza is a very simple form of meditation and in my opinion, a very basic one, which you can implement in your daily life. There are so many more techniques, where you shift your focus away from your thoughts.
Doing it daily is the key.
I have some experience with yoga and I do a little bit of it when I exercise. Yoga is the way of the fighter.
You have to concentrate on one Position. I follow Tantra, no effort or fighting. You just let go of everything, by practicing different techniques.

Thinh

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Aug 11, 2018
❌Technique
There's something weird about talking about meditation and technique at the same time.
I believe meditation is something that happens, not achieved.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.