The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This Man Saw Improvement Instantly. YOU CAN TOO!

GetSomeBooks

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Sep 23, 2015
It always feels clunky for me to write an obligatory introduction post, so I'll just jump right in.

My name is Chris, from Atlanta, GA and I am an apprentice of all. Some number of years ago, I decided to get up off my couch, shake the grind and start moving. Well, my legs got tired and I sat back down. Some additional number of years and I started to actively do something about it. I started a business wherein I would purchase lots of books being sold by the pound, which is an odd unit of measurement for books, and sell them at a small profit. It was nice, but I used my business as an ATM and BOOM! The money's gone.

So I hopped back into the 9-5 grind while continuing to readjust my mindset. I joined a MLM firm, well aware of what I was getting myself into, and I was damned good at it. I was selling a product that people already wanted, so I just had to explain how our product was superior in areas they felt needed to be addressed. I see a bunch where people are selling sets of knives or various meats and I always thought it'd be much more difficult to convince someone how, going in cold, those products would solve their problem. In the meantime, I was plowing through literature. J. Paul Getty, Napoleon Hill, Dale Carnegie. The staples, y'know. It was the biggest notable change I've experienced. I was a man on a mission. I knew, at this firm, I'd always be under the guy making the real moves.

I picked myself up, started another business using the tried-and-true "buy low, sell high" formula and it was indeed lucrative, to a degree with which I was comfortable. My car broke down and I didn't have the money to replace it. I outright refused to dip into my business funds for the repairs, despite the belief that it would be a reasonable expense, because I was worried I'd repeat my former mistake. I gave the money to my partner, a miser, not the joyless kind you hear about in old fables but someone who happily collected money like people collect action figures. I was confident he would keep the money safe until I was up on my feet again. That was many months ago and I've felt like I am in a holding pattern waiting for something to give.

Wednesday, I remembered hearing a podcast featuring a young man who would crash socialite parties to rub elbows with businessmen and women and garner mentoring by way of making quick friends and listening intently. I thought, "That's pretty crafty. I have the confidence to pull that off." A quick Google search led me to innumerable sites promising I'd be able to "Meet Millionaire Sugar Daddies TODAY!" Within the muck and mire, I found this. I lurked in the shadows for hours. My intention was to glean the information I sought and be on to the next one. Well, you guys threw a wrench in my gears and I was compelled to become a member. In the few hours Wednesday night and all day Thursday, I have found more concrete advice on how to DO NOW than any other place I've searched. Hell, I'm learning to write copy now and that's something that had never even crossed my radar. You guys have your stuff in order and I'm glad to join the crew.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hell, I'm learning to write copy now and that's something that had never even crossed my radar.
As evidenced by your thread headline. :)

Nice intro, and welcome.

Make sure you also read the book if you haven't already, and then get one of those snazzy "Read The Millionaire Fastlane " badges.

Here's a good post to get started with:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bellini

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX
It always feels clunky for me to write an obligatory introduction post, so I'll just jump right in.

My name is Chris, from Atlanta, GA and I am an apprentice of all. Some number of years ago, I decided to get up off my couch, shake the grind and start moving. Well, my legs got tired and I sat back down. Some additional number of years and I started to actively do something about it. I started a business wherein I would purchase lots of books being sold by the pound, which is an odd unit of measurement for books, and sell them at a small profit. It was nice, but I used my business as an ATM and BOOM! The money's gone.

So I hopped back into the 9-5 grind while continuing to readjust my mindset. I joined a MLM firm, well aware of what I was getting myself into, and I was damned good at it. I was selling a product that people already wanted, so I just had to explain how our product was superior in areas they felt needed to be addressed. I see a bunch where people are selling sets of knives or various meats and I always thought it'd be much more difficult to convince someone how, going in cold, those products would solve their problem. In the meantime, I was plowing through literature. J. Paul Getty, Napoleon Hill, Dale Carnegie. The staples, y'know. It was the biggest notable change I've experienced. I was a man on a mission. I knew, at this firm, I'd always be under the guy making the real moves.

I picked myself up, started another business using the tried-and-true "buy low, sell high" formula and it was indeed lucrative, to a degree with which I was comfortable. My car broke down and I didn't have the money to replace it. I outright refused to dip into my business funds for the repairs, despite the belief that it would be a reasonable expense, because I was worried I'd repeat my former mistake. I gave the money to my partner, a miser, not the joyless kind you hear about in old fables but someone who happily collected money like people collect action figures. I was confident he would keep the money safe until I was up on my feet again. That was many months ago and I've felt like I am in a holding pattern waiting for something to give.

Wednesday, I remembered hearing a podcast featuring a young man who would crash socialite parties to rub elbows with businessmen and women and garner mentoring by way of making quick friends and listening intently. I thought, "That's pretty crafty. I have the confidence to pull that off." A quick Google search led me to innumerable sites promising I'd be able to "Meet Millionaire Sugar Daddies TODAY!" Within the muck and mire, I found this. I lurked in the shadows for hours. My intention was to glean the information I sought and be on to the next one. Well, you guys threw a wrench in my gears and I was compelled to become a member. In the few hours Wednesday night and all day Thursday, I have found more concrete advice on how to DO NOW than any other place I've searched. Hell, I'm learning to write copy now and that's something that had never even crossed my radar. You guys have your stuff in order and I'm glad to join the crew.

Welcome Chris!

You've read a lot of the same books we have.

Have you read "The Millionaire Fastlane " yet? (By MJ DeMarco - owner of this forum)

Or did I miss that...

GetSomeBooks

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Sep 23, 2015
Thank you @Andy Black and @Bellini. I have not read the book. I didn't even know it had been written until I found this forum. It's in my Amazon cart and I'll have it shipped as soon as some funds drop. I'm sure I'd only benefit from being on the same page as the folks around these parts and I'm excited to learn what it has to teach!

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
Chris, great to have you here. Your description of the forum reminds me of how I felt when I first arrived. There are a great many entrepreneurial forums, but there's something very different about the folks this one attracts. Many feel like all talk and show (off) and tell. This is one that promotes action taking, community and attending the entrepreneurial University of Hard Knocks.

You may not have thought of copywriting before, but your intro post definitely shows you have a talent for it. You sound like a very driven soul, I'm looking forward to seeing you move along your entrepreneurial journey.

GetSomeBooks

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Sep 23, 2015
Chris, great to have you here. Your description of the forum reminds me of how I felt when I first arrived. There are a great many entrepreneurial forums, but there's something very different about the folks this one attracts. Many feel like all talk and show (off) and tell. This is one that promotes action taking, community and attending the entrepreneurial University of Hard Knocks.

You may not have thought of copywriting before, but your intro post definitely shows you have a talent for it. You sound like a very driven soul, I'm looking forward to seeing you move along your entrepreneurial journey.
Thank you! I'm excited to see what the next step has in store!

Bellini

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX
I have not read the book. I didn't even know it had been written until I found this forum. It's in my Amazon cart and I'll have it shipped as soon as some funds drop. I'm sure I'd only benefit from being on the same page as the folks around these parts and I'm excited to learn what it has to teach!

You'll love it!

You might know he has it available in Audible too, to download.

Also, If you haven't already, you can download the first 3 chapters free here:

http://www.themillionairefastlane.com/download.php

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.