The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This Could be It

Crawls2

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
529%
May 30, 2019
So, this is my introduction that I have written years ago.

I've always known entrepreneurship was for me before I even knew what it actually was. In 8th grade, for a fun project my teacher was asking each student, if we could have one item in the world, what would it be. Some kids said cool cars, others said things like a certain pair of shoes, concert tickets, etc., and when she got to me I said, "the entire Microsoft corporation". Baffled, she asked me why, and I told her because there were things I wanted my Xbox to do that it currently didn't, and the only way to change that was to own the company. I never thought much of it until I got older.

Like everyone else, I cut grass in high school on the weekends sometimes, but I had to borrow my friends lawn mower.

In college, I flipped clothes from the goodwill and sold them on eBay to help pay for classes and books along with work 2 jobs, so the "hustle" has always been in me.

I first read the Millionaire Fastlane and unscripted back in 2019. Then listened to the audio books again last year.

I've tried and failed other businesses in the past, mobile car wash, clothing brand, photography (I actually had some decent success with this, mostly got tired of the niche), pooper scooper business (also had a good bit of success, but I was just lazy and unmotivated), and an ad agency...sort of.

Fast forward to present day. 29. Student debt ($25k, degree is in Finance). Working a 9-5 as a Digital Marketer (almost 3 years now) for a car dealership with a micromanaging boss, in a cubicle, what feels like no autonomy, and everyday I'm there I die a little more on the inside.

BUT IT ISN'T ALL BAD

In January, my boss called me to her office about something, she wanted to talk about SnapChat ads because the company's owner's daughter was on SnapChat all the time and he thought we should be on SnapChat now. (Note: I recommended we at least run ads on this platform a year ago because there is a well known university in a close city. This was ignored.) And now all of a sudden SnapChat was our main priority and everything else was sidelined....as she was speaking to me, I just stopped listening, and told myself I was done with this place because this is a common occurrence, and I had "had enough". My FTE event.

That day I went home and listed every skill that I felt above average in.

Once this was done I wrote down every industry I thought these skills would be relevant for. I narrowed into real estate because I had contacts in it, there has been massive growth in my city(Austin, TX), I knew the terminology fairly well, and I thought this is where I could bring the most value with my skills that I currently have...and be confident in myself.

In February I was sending out 10 specialized, focused emails everyday and got 0 replies for over two weeks straight. I kept coming back to the forum because there are so many threads that have great advice for cold emailing. Some helped, but my response rates were terrible.

THEN IT HIT ME.

I already knew a few agents and brokers in the industry and hadn't reached out to any of them...stupid me. So I crafted up an email that had a much more "returning friend" tone to it. Low and behold 3 responses off the bat...it also helps that I put my name in the Subject Line.

I managed to get a meeting setup with one of them. We chatted and it was smooth. A thread on here mentioned to make the meeting conversational and let them do all the talking. All I needed to do was ask questions to find out where I could help them. It worked. right after I went back home typed up a shitty proposal and they accepted. What a feeling that was! We came to an agreement and I delivered my first project with them on monday...we have 3 more already lined up.

IT GETS EVEN BETTER

While I was at his office, doing some consulting and building him a strategy his managing broker walks in and asked what we were doing. I explained to her who I was and what I did. She was interested. We set up a meeting. I had to work during the hours she had available, but I made it work...told my boss I had to meet with my land lord about some repairs that needed to be done at my house. Changed in the backseat of my car, went to the meeting, changed again, and went back to work all in 30 minutes.

The meeting went very well! She did about 90% of the talking and all I did was ask questions, take notes, and then after she told me her needs I explained how I could help. She asked me to put something together. She now wants me to do a complete overhaul of their social media accounts, build a content strategy for their accounts (about 5 of them), shoot multiple videos for their YouTube channel, and also build a package that I can offer to the rest of her brokerage. With potentially coming back to do some group training sessions.

I just typed up the proposal and I'm taking my a$$ to sleep.

This forum has been a huge part of this. Thank you to everyone who shares their knowledge on here.

This could be life changing. Did I mention that my small youtube channel hit 1,000 subscribers yesterday and I am now monetized?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Congrats on the moves forward. Welcome to the forum.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Congrats on hitting 1,000 subs. This validates what you're doing. You can almost certainly hit 100,000 with enough time and refinement of your content.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
So, this is my introduction that I have written years ago.

I've always known entrepreneurship was for me before I even knew what it actually was. In 8th grade, for a fun project my teacher was asking each student, if we could have one item in the world, what would it be. Some kids said cool cars, others said things like a certain pair of shoes, concert tickets, etc., and when she got to me I said, "the entire Microsoft corporation". Baffled, she asked me why, and I told her because there were things I wanted my Xbox to do that it currently didn't, and the only way to change that was to own the company. I never thought much of it until I got older.

Like everyone else, I cut grass in high school on the weekends sometimes, but I had to borrow my friends lawn mower.

In college, I flipped clothes from the goodwill and sold them on eBay to help pay for classes and books along with work 2 jobs, so the "hustle" has always been in me.

I first read the Millionaire Fastlane and unscripted back in 2019. Then listened to the audio books again last year.

I've tried and failed other businesses in the past, mobile car wash, clothing brand, photography (I actually had some decent success with this, mostly got tired of the niche), pooper scooper business (also had a good bit of success, but I was just lazy and unmotivated), and an ad agency...sort of.

Fast forward to present day. 29. Student debt ($25k, degree is in Finance). Working a 9-5 as a Digital Marketer (almost 3 years now) for a car dealership with a micromanaging boss, in a cubicle, what feels like no autonomy, and everyday I'm there I die a little more on the inside.

BUT IT ISN'T ALL BAD

In January, my boss called me to her office about something, she wanted to talk about SnapChat ads because the company's owner's daughter was on SnapChat all the time and he thought we should be on SnapChat now. (Note: I recommended we at least run ads on this platform a year ago because there is a well known university in a close city. This was ignored.) And now all of a sudden SnapChat was our main priority and everything else was sidelined....as she was speaking to me, I just stopped listening, and told myself I was done with this place because this is a common occurrence, and I had "had enough". My FTE event.

That day I went home and listed every skill that I felt above average in.

Once this was done I wrote down every industry I thought these skills would be relevant for. I narrowed into real estate because I had contacts in it, there has been massive growth in my city(Austin, TX), I knew the terminology fairly well, and I thought this is where I could bring the most value with my skills that I currently have...and be confident in myself.

In February I was sending out 10 specialized, focused emails everyday and got 0 replies for over two weeks straight. I kept coming back to the forum because there are so many threads that have great advice for cold emailing. Some helped, but my response rates were terrible.

THEN IT HIT ME.

I already knew a few agents and brokers in the industry and hadn't reached out to any of them...stupid me. So I crafted up an email that had a much more "returning friend" tone to it. Low and behold 3 responses off the bat...it also helps that I put my name in the Subject Line.

I managed to get a meeting setup with one of them. We chatted and it was smooth. A thread on here mentioned to make the meeting conversational and let them do all the talking. All I needed to do was ask questions to find out where I could help them. It worked. right after I went back home typed up a shitty proposal and they accepted. What a feeling that was! We came to an agreement and I delivered my first project with them on monday...we have 3 more already lined up.

IT GETS EVEN BETTER

While I was at his office, doing some consulting and building him a strategy his managing broker walks in and asked what we were doing. I explained to her who I was and what I did. She was interested. We set up a meeting. I had to work during the hours she had available, but I made it work...told my boss I had to meet with my land lord about some repairs that needed to be done at my house. Changed in the backseat of my car, went to the meeting, changed again, and went back to work all in 30 minutes.

The meeting went very well! She did about 90% of the talking and all I did was ask questions, take notes, and then after she told me her needs I explained how I could help. She asked me to put something together. She now wants me to do a complete overhaul of their social media accounts, build a content strategy for their accounts (about 5 of them), shoot multiple videos for their YouTube channel, and also build a package that I can offer to the rest of her brokerage. With potentially coming back to do some group training sessions.

I just typed up the proposal and I'm taking my a$$ to sleep.

This forum has been a huge part of this. Thank you to everyone who shares their knowledge on here.

This could be life changing. Did I mention that my small youtube channel hit 1,000 subscribers yesterday and I am now monetized?
What a great story! I love the getting changed twice in your car part. You’ll go far. Sounds like a potentially great contract too.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...