The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

This ad has been flagged in craigslist

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

SheikhNaveed

New Contributor
Aug 16, 2017
Karachi
This ad has been flagged in craigslist and I'm not sure what to edit here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 16, 2015
What section did you post the ads in? Craigslist users always seem to get a bit feisty when they happen upon something that's been put in the wrong place.

OP
OP
SheikhNaveed

SheikhNaveed

New Contributor
Aug 16, 2017
Karachi
Ads has been posted in computers - by owner category in multiple US states. My ad should actually be posted in creative services category but this category is charging me money and I'm in test idea stage and not looking to put actual money.

Also, I'm from outside of US and posting in US states using a paid VPN that allows me to connect via atlanta IP.

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 16, 2015
My ad should actually be posted in creative services category
I'm 99% sure this is your problem. I'm sorry to say, but a test run of this concept, at least on Craigslist, is probably going to cost you $3-5.

One solution may be to try it on fb for sale groups. Make sure your profile looks as American as apple pie though... The group users have an uncanny ability to detect, not even just foreigners, but people from out of state.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Since you aren't in America I will let you in on something you may not realize..... Craigslist is all but dead here. Personally I know LOTS of people that sell things and not 1 of them ever sell on Craigslist. I'm surprised it's still around with so many free options around.

But I'd say your problem is that you are posting in multiple states. Ol' Craig has never liked that and with software today, he has you covered. You used to be able to get over on them but not these days.

kelvinfernandezm

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 26, 2016
Fort Worth, Texas
Since you aren't in America I will let you in on something you may not realize..... Craigslist is all but dead here. Personally I know LOTS of people that sell things and not 1 of them ever sell on Craigslist. I'm surprised it's still around with so many free options around.

But I'd say your problem is that you are posting in multiple states. Ol' Craig has never liked that and with software today, he has you covered. You used to be able to get over on them but not these days.
You'll be surprise how well craiglist still works. Following the advice of @Johnny boy I posted an ad for social media marketing services and a person actually called me. I don't have a social media marketing agency I was just testing it out. So I just referred the person to another local entrepreneur that actually has a social media marketing agency and he got hired.

But yeah to @SheikhNaveed they're going down because your not paying for the ads. You have to post them in the right section and that section is a paid section. It'll keep happening unless you pay.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Ok, it's not dead but they have it on life line. It's like the Titanic lol My buddy used to sell an average 15 washers and dryer sets a day, 7 days a week on Craigslist, he is down to 3 sets a day, 5 days a week. Plus, they are wanting people to pay for almost every category nowadays in a lot of cities.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

OP
OP
SheikhNaveed

SheikhNaveed

New Contributor
Aug 16, 2017
Karachi

I actually read a post here on fastlane where a guy from my own niche posted an ad on CG and actually got projects. So, I decided to execute the idea.

Bekit

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 13, 2018
Both of your ads have grammatical errors in them that show you are not a native English speaker. Craigslist users are very alert to anything that might be a scam. So be sure to run your copy through grammarly to catch things like this.

Two of the common characteristics of the scam ads are (1) grammatical errors and (2) offers that are too insanely cheap to believe. Your car dealership ad fits both of these criteria.

Since people expect that offers on Craigslist come from just a "regular guy," I'd word your ad more like people talk. Something like, "Hey guys, I'm trying to get my feet wet with web design, [insert story of your process or learning journey]. I'm looking for someone who needs a great site for a low price so that I can build my portfolio. Hopefully it'll be a win win for both of us. Let me know how I can help. Contact me at xxxxxxx."

This will throw off people's scam radar and answer the question, "why is this so cheap?"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Hello everyone! I Quick Story to tell you how working with Chris has been a life-changing...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
LATE BIRTHDAY! I'm behind on everything this month, including getting promos out. Sorry, my bad...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock