The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Our Cleaner has been fired!

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Anything under $125 for 4 hours of cleaning is a good deal and anything under $80 is a GREAT deal.... such a great deal that you don't get a very good job, as your wife figured out. Even though I'm a guy, I owned a house cleaning company for over 19 years.... back in the 90's when we started we charged $20 an hour and sometimes less but now the going rate is between $25-$90+ an hour. So the moral of my story is this.... if you want to pay cheap price, you get cheap cleaning. But why is that all bad? Have her come in... clean... if she misses a spot then clean that spot.

Speaking of the hot cleaning girl. My girls cleaned the floors on hands & knees. And I'd go around checking on their work, talking to them a little to let them know they were appreciated. So one day my girlfriend at the time (she worked for me and lived with me) said, "The girls and I took a vote and we would like for our next shirts to be tank tops". With a straight face I said, "Ok, I'll tell Jason (my shirt guy at the time) to get those made next week". Now deep down inside I was telling myself, "HELL YEAH!!! Why didn't I think of that??? Now I get a great view when they are down washing the floors". That was the best money I've ever spent in business was on those shirts. :)
:clap::

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Anything under $125 for 4 hours of cleaning is a good deal and anything under $80 is a GREAT deal.... such a great deal that you don't get a very good job, as your wife figured out. Even though I'm a guy, I owned a house cleaning company for over 19 years.... back in the 90's when we started we charged $20 an hour and sometimes less but now the going rate is between $25-$90+ an hour. So the moral of my story is this.... if you want to pay cheap price, you get cheap cleaning. But why is that all bad? Have her come in... clean... if she misses a spot then clean that spot.

Speaking of the hot cleaning girl. My girls cleaned the floors on hands & knees. And I'd go around checking on their work, talking to them a little to let them know they were appreciated. So one day my girlfriend at the time (she worked for me and lived with me) said, "The girls and I took a vote and we would like for our next shirts to be tank tops". With a straight face I said, "Ok, I'll tell Jason (my shirt guy at the time) to get those made next week". Now deep down inside I was telling myself, "HELL YEAH!!! Why didn't I think of that??? Now I get a great view when they are down washing the floors". That was the best money I've ever spent in business was on those shirts. :)

A significant portion of the people that frequent this forum are women. Professional women. None of them would be interested in your story.

We prefer you keep the locker room discussions in the locker room.

LoneWolf21

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Mar 15, 2017
Ontario
I've got a plan anyway that within the next 12 months my Wife can leave her job and become a house Wife and she can clean to her hearts content!.
Seems to me you have this dialed in pretty well. It's all down to legality and logistics at this point.
But keeping the wife home to make her happy seems like a bad choice. I don't know her of course. But I've never met a woman who doesn't want a life of her own. ;)

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
A significant portion of the people that frequent this forum are women. Professional women. None of them would be interested in your story.

We prefer you keep the locker room discussions in the locker room.

Since I was responding to this post: I used to have this cute little college girl clean my condo naked.

I was forced to get rid of her as well.

And this post: Not exactly, but when I pick the next one she will be!

Like I said I didn't have any issue with her work. I think my wife expects someone to clean the house as well as she would.

Why did you choose to tell me that? When in fact you are greatly wrong. I have MANY female friends that think the story is funny. How can you speak for all professional women? If we are going by professionalism, why all the cursing? F*ck isn't very lady-like and I see that many times on here. Just because mine was a few sentences longer than the ones I referred to above doesn't make it any different. Mine didn't even involve nudity like one above or cursing like I've seen time and again. You may boot me for my comment, I hope not, but if I am booted, it will only be a loss to the community. I have many years of real life experience and many dollars experience.

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
Since I was responding to this post: I used to have this cute little college girl clean my condo naked.

I was forced to get rid of her as well.

And this post: Not exactly, but when I pick the next one she will be!

Like I said I didn't have any issue with her work. I think my wife expects someone to clean the house as well as she would.

Why did you choose to tell me that? When in fact you are greatly wrong. I have MANY female friends that think the story is funny. How can you speak for all professional women? If we are going by professionalism, why all the cursing? F*ck isn't very lady-like and I see that many times on here. Just because mine was a few sentences longer than the ones I referred to above doesn't make it any different. Mine didn't even involve nudity like one above or cursing like I've seen time and again. You may boot me for my comment, I hope not, but if I am booted, it will only be a loss to the community. I have many years of real life experience and many dollars experience.

I think the difference is that they were joking, yours actually happened.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
And how can you speak that all women wouldn't wouldn't be interested in that story? I've told it several times to women and they all laughed and stayed with me right up till the end. Not just professional women but PROFESSIONAL women... such as registrars and curators at one of the world's most talked about museums (had an opening just last weekend and a dinner last Thursday night with them). The wife and sister of one of the original founders of Cabela's, a lady that owns an Allstate insurance company in Omaha and more. This is 1 of my stories that I tell a lot because it's funny and like you said, true (wouldn't want to talk about real life). I think they are kinda of professional women... right? You should get to know those types of 'professionals', they really are just down to earth people.... well most of them. Ok... I'll move on even though my questions weren't really answered. Let's keep it moving guys.... nothing to see here.... move on :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.