The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Think I'm a "Heavy Hitter?" Raise Your Expectations.

Anything related to matters of the mind

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Something new occured to @Antifragile and myself recently in private discussions that I decided to highlight.

While at the forum, we are considered among the forum's "heavy hitters," we are "legendary contributors" all that stuff.

While we have both contributed a lot of, hopefully helpful and sometimes funny, stuff over the years, in the real world we are normal entrepreneurs. NORMAL.

Yes, NORMAL entrepreneurs build deca and pentamillion dollar real estate developments. Yes, NORMAL entrepreneurs build chemical companies that supply fortune 500 companies.

On the fastlane forum, we are the sharks, and in real life we are guppies. Let that sink in.

This is not because we are different here than in the real world. This is because the real world is FULL of big players and we both know it. You should know it too.

Every business you see, everywhere, had a start with an entrepreneur. There's at least one very wealthy entrepreneur behind every medium to large company in existence.

My point is, if you think this is rare, look around. Large scale entrepreneurshup is actually incredibly common.

If you think I'm a heavy hitter... Raise your expectations.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Something new occured to @Antifragile and myself recently in private discussions that I decided to highlight.

While at the forum, we are considered among the forum's "heavy hitters," we are "legendary contributors" all that stuff.

While we have both contributed a lot of, hopefully helpful and sometimes funny, stuff over the years, in the real world we are normal entrepreneurs. NORMAL.

Yes, NORMAL entrepreneurs build deca and pentamillion dollar real estate developments. Yes, NORMAL entrepreneurs build chemical companies that supply fortune 500 companies.

On the fastlane forum, we are the sharks, and in real life we are guppies. Let that sink in.

This is not because we are different here than in the real world. This is because the real world is FULL of big players and we both know it. You should know it too.

Every business you see, everywhere, had a start with an entrepreneur. There's at least one very wealthy entrepreneur behind every medium to large company in existence.

My point is, if you think this is rare, look around. Large scale entrepreneurshup is actually incredibly common.

If you think I'm a heavy hitter... Raise your expectations.

Thanks for this, Kyle.

I had a look on Google for some statistics on the number of "sharks" and "guppies" in the USA.

There are 22 million people in the USA who have a net worth of more than $1m.

There are around 13 million people in the USA who have a net worth of more than $5m.

To get into the top 1% of the wealthiest Americans you need a net worth of around $11.1m. Roughly 3.3 million people.

79% of American millionaires did not receive any inheritance from their family or relatives.

There are approximately 9630 people worth $100m or more.

That is a lot of wealth creation and a lot of monetary abundance.

And whilst the rest of the world isn't typically as rich as the USA there are still many wealthy people outside the USA. An approximately comparable statistic is that in China, Japan, Germany, France, the U.K. and Australia combined, there are another 17 million people with a net worth of more than $1m.

Last edited:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
There are small pharmacy chains (less than 100 stores) that do hundreds of millions of dollars in annual revenue. There is a preposterous amount of money in the US.

Endless opportunity.

Adir Barak

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Dec 20, 2020
To further put things into perspective, drive down any street - how much do all the buildings you pass by are worth? the road? the infrastructures? the businesses? cars? plane in the sky? telecommunications services? hundreds , or thousands of people' phones, clothes, degrees, salaries? And there has to be people who own and/or profit from it all... And that is one road, in one street, in one city, in one country, in one continent.
The world is insanely abundant in money, it's good to be reminded of it when you feel that your financial goal is so tremendously hard to achieve.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
For someone just starting out, an 8 figure net worth is like a North Star. But realistically it’s a normal byproduct of a decade(s) of hard work on various businesses, some that succeeded.

I don’t like being a “heavy hitter” here, because I know that it’s only because a lot of people are just starting out. It’s not a fair comparison. In my 20s I was broke. If I was on a forum like this back then, I’d be impressed with anyone above me. But now, I’m mainly interested in helping others here. The level of problems I face daily in my business elevated too. Few here can help me with my problems… It didn’t get “easier”, but it got better.

If you are new and reading this, have faith in yourself and remember most of us started with zero.

Funny enough, in the circle of our family friends we are as average as it gets. Nothing to flex about… it’s all relative.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
My two alter egos @Kak and @Antifragile want you to believe they aren't heavy hitters.

This is such an interesting perspective to me.

My other alter ego @Black_Dragon43 and I would like to point out the obvious conclusion...

If you want to feel like a HEAVY HITTER, someone in total control of your own destiny and life, someone who feels truly worthy of wearing the HEAVY HITTER mantle, the message to take away from this thread is clear:

Start a marketing agency TODAY!! :hilarious:

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Y'all are a strange, strange little bunch.

The only possible solution is for us all to become millionaires and then mock you relentlessly.

Sirrom

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
374%
Dec 5, 2020
Lol don't be so shy guys.

What I think is that a lot of people on this forum know some entrepreneurs, but you are one of the 'biggest' they 'know'. Thats why I/they consider you heavy hitters.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Reminded of this every day on Instagram.

The explore page loves showing me high-end property that has sold.

20m-50m houses that don't even look like a main residence. Beach houses, country homes etc.

Someone spending 50m on a second home they probably visit a few times a year humbles you real fast.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Lol don't be so shy guys.

What I think is that a lot of people on this forum know some entrepreneurs, but you are one of the 'biggest' they 'know'. Thats why I/they consider you heavy hitters.
It's not a shyness though.. It is a reality.

I'm not even close to the richest person in my social circle. I'm not even top 5. I work on higher potential stuff than nearly everyone I know, but still, I'm chopped liver when it comes to wealth.

The point of this thread is to be as real as humanly possible. For every very rich guy that still can't justify 5 grand for a first class seat, theres a guy flying overhead dumping 80 grand on his private jet, round trip, like it was nothing.

By the way. That is when cars are no longer status symbols. Some people can have any car they want, in any quantity. A Rolls Royce is not even a flex, it's as consequential as me buying a new phone. "Whatever I'll take black." Most of them drive pretty normal cars anyway.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You know how I can spot a "heavy hitter" in my neighborhood?

Copper gutters.

I live in a very wealthy suburb and some of the new houses being built in the hills often remind me that I'm not a heavy hitter, but a light-medium hitter. When you paid $3M for an acre of land and built a 20,000 square foot home with copper gutters—gutters that cost more than some people's homes—its a reminder how much $$ is out there to be made.

I have no interest in copper gutters -- but I do like having the option of buying whatever the f*ck I want. Spending $200,000 for the gutters on your home is the ultimate of "f*ck you" money.

There are approximately 9630 people worth $100m or more.

Wow, and we're just so fortunate to have 9,000 of them on YouTube selling online courses, investments, and other stuff. ;)

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
For every very rich guy that still can't justify 5 grand for a first class seat...

This is me. I fly coach. I buy used cars. I have a humble house and wear basic clothes. Money goes back into the businesses. Every purchase I scrutinize because 'I'd rather use that money for... (Insert business purpose/idea here)". I never feel like what I have is enough and I still live like I'm poor. Sometimes I wonder if it's a sickness. I have"f*ck you" money but I feel far from what I consider rich since "rich" is a moving target in my mind and only something I can ever aspire to be.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.