The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Undercover Billionaire: Building a $1m business in 90 days

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Nov 25, 2020
Great premise. Make a million dollars from scratch. In 90 days. From $100.

Thanks for posting. Definitely going to watch.

Most people will hate on the show because of cognitive dissonance.

The Script tells them that it takes 40 years to make a million dollars.

If he does it in 90 days, then their belief systems are wrong. And that's impossible.
my thoughts exactly

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Looking forward to the new show with Grant Cardone! I wonder how he will pull it off.

It's up for debate whether it's real or not, but ignoring that things like this are good to educate the masses. #unscript

Last edited:

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
Looking forward to the new show with Grant Cardone! I wonder how he will pull it off.

It's up for debate whether it's real or not, but ignoring that things like this are good to educate the masses. #unscript
When is his airing? I will def be tuning in to see Uncle G.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

George Appiah

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Aug 16, 2018
Accra, Ghana

To me, the most important outcome is his own admission in Inc Magazine:

Bottom line up front: What did you learn by starting a business with nothing in a place you didn't know?

The American Dream is very hard--way harder than I've been writing about in books and talking about from seminar stages. This was the hardest thing I've ever done in my whole life. It was no food, no water and no shelter--just $100 and an old truck. I learned that there's so much to be grateful for that we take for granted every day, like bad employees. When you're out there by yourself you're saying, "Man I sure would like to have a couple of bad employees right now." Anything is better than nothing.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I am pretty excited to watch this new series! It might be a few days before I start watching it, but uncle GC is sure to just smash this one!

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Won't say any spoilers,

What did everyone think about the first episode? I'm a bit skeptical of people NOT knowing who uncle G is.. and I'm itching to see what Grant will do for the second episode.

Monique has an interesting and ''realistic'' strategy, and the idea seems quite feasible.

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016
Won't say any spoilers,

What did everyone think about the first episode? I'm a bit skeptical of people NOT knowing who uncle G is..

Monique has an interesting and ''realistic'' strategy, and the idea seems quite feasible.

There is a need for a business to open which allows international streaming of new shows. Unfortunately they have removed your link. :(

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
anybody downloaded it??

Episode 1

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016
There is a need for a business to open which allows international streaming of new shows. Unfortunately they have removed your link. :(
The irony is that I couldnt even signup to discovery USA as my european location is banned

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
The irony is that I couldnt even signup to discovery USA as my european location is banned

Check YT every once in a while, usually people will upload it and it'll be up for a short time before it gets taken down.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
@MJ DeMarco, do this challenge.

Would never happen...

1. I'm far too comfortable.
  2. I have ZERO interest in fame or celebrity, in fact, part of me doesn't want my books to become too known. I'd imagine anyone who does this has a big ego to feed.
  3. I have nothing to prove to anyone, including myself -- doesn't matter who does this challenge, non-believers will always remain non-believers.
  4. I'd be missing my purpose and hence, substantial motivation and drive -- because of #3 above, my effort would probably be half-hearted knowing that the life I would return to would be as I designed.
  5. All of these factors, notable #2 and #3 and #4, I wouldn't accept such a challenge because I know the internal drivers, a why, would be lacking. In other words, my desire to remain in obscurity far exceeds my desire to be famous with a personal brand, and it far exceeds my desire to convince people that they can make something of themselves -- I'm at the point where I believe 95% of culture is a lost-cause, and will remain a lost-cause, no matter what I write, do, say, etc.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
Would never happen...

1. I'm far too comfortable.
  2. I have ZERO interest in fame or celebrity, in fact, part of me doesn't want my books to become too known.
  3. I have nothing to prove to anyone, including myself -- doesn't matter who does this challenge, non-believers will always remain non-believers.
  4. I'd be missing my purpose and hence, substantial motivation and drive -- because of #3 above, my effort would probably be half-hearted knowing that the life I would return to would be as I designed.
  5. All of these factors, notable #2 and #3 and #4, I wouldn't accept such a challenge because I know the internal drivers, a why, would be lacking. In other words, my desire to remain in obscurity far exceeds my desire to be famous with a personal brand, and it far exceeds my desire to convince people that they can make something of themselves -- I'm at the point where I believe 95% of culture is a lost-cause, and will remain a lost-cause, no matter what I write, do, say, etc.

Excuses alert.

I think I get your perspective though. I wouldn't want to be a celebrity either, that would be much too stressful.

"I'm far too comfortable"

What's your opinion on becoming comfortable? I've noticed life gets worse for me in every aspect if I become comfortable. Is it human nature to be comfortable or to seek comfort forever and never quite get there?

"I have nothing to prove to anyone, including myself" - could you elaborate on your philosophy here? I feel like I've always done things to show others that I can because I've always been perceived as someone who can't/won't. I'd love to change that.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I am ashamed to say that I have missed the start of this. I need to catch up!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Excuses alert.

Yes, it would seem so to someone intensely identified with their ego, with someone seeking fame and respect, all matters of external validation.

What's your opinion on becoming comfortable?
By comfortable, I mean I'm happy. I'm not seeking happiness cuz I already have it. I'm not seeking anything to "enhance" my happiness, such as more books sales, more fame, more believers. I'm at peace at where I'm at -- my priority nowadays is low- to no-drama, optimally away from crowds, traffic, and rat-racey behavior.

That said, comfort is destructive to personal growth if "personal growth" is measured in dollars, fame, followers... at this point in my life, I'm more interested in spiritual growth. Dissatisfaction and unhappiness is a great motivator ... I'm simply not either.

"I have nothing to prove to anyone, including myself" - could you elaborate on your philosophy here?

I think the statements above expand on that philosophy.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
Yes, it would seem so to someone intensely identified with their ego, with someone seeking fame and respect, all matters of external validation.

By comfortable, I mean I'm happy. I'm not seeking happiness cuz I already have it. I'm not seeking anything to "enhance" my happiness, such as more books sales, more fame, more believers. I'm at peace at where I'm at -- my priority nowadays is low- to no-drama, optimally away from crowds, traffic, and rat-racey behavior.

That said, comfort is destructive to personal growth if "personal growth" is measured in dollars, fame, followers... at this point in my life, I'm more interested in spiritual growth.

I think the statements above expand on that philosophy.

Yes, a part of my brain tells me that nothing is worth doing unless you get recognition for it after. That's kind of f*cked up.

Anyhow, the biggest spiritual growth I have gone through so far was when I was at my worst and in very severe physical and mental discomfort. I'm looking forward to the more "comfortable" spiritual growth one day.

Have you gone for an extended period of time without any electronic/communication devices (even your phone)?

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I am with MJ on not wanting to be famous or recognized. Pre-corona when I went out with my babies, even the attention that garnered drove me up the wall. Just leave me alone, I don't want to talk to some random stranger in the grocery store because my kids are cute.

I am downloading these now. I see there is also an episode 0 for season 2 with Glenn called "Return to Eerie". So needless to say, I am going to check that one out first.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
I am with MJ on not wanting to be famous or recognized. Pre-corona when I went out with my babies, even the attention that garnered drove me up the wall. Just leave me alone, I don't want to talk to some random stranger in the grocery store because my kids are cute.

I am downloading these now. I see there is also an episode 0 for season 2 with Glenn called "Return to Eerie". So needless to say, I am going to check that one out first.

That's actually the last episode you should watch since that's the "1 year later" episode.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
That's actually the last episode you should watch since that's the "1 year later" episode.
I was talking about watching season 2, we all watched season 1 when it was released.

Cool stuff anyways, shows like this are fantastic. Men Who Built America, Undercover... shows you can actually learn from and be inspired by.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I'd consider MJ to be the exact opposite of Grant, and oh... I wonder if Grant is using the show to promote his own stuff.. :hilarious:

Most interested in Monique's idea, everything else seems a little iffy...

Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Am I the only person watching the show? :rofl:

Second episodes pretty good, about halfway through and I'll finish it off in the morning, no spoilers again.. absolutely love Monique and Grants hustle, hopefully she will pull off the million, seems actually reasonable... but dam is it going to be hard to scale something like that in 3 months, at her price point you are talking hundreds of thousands of customers.

Who thinks she can pull it off?

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Apr 12, 2012
You have to give Grant Cardone some credit for doing the challenge. He is 62 years old, as a huge personal brand, and IMO more to lose than to gain. If he F*cks this challenge up it will have a negative effect on his brand.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
You have to give Grant Cardone some credit for doing the challenge. He is 62 years old, as a huge personal brand, and IMO more to lose than to gain. If he f*cks this challenge up it will have a negative effect on his brand.

I'm trying to figure out how this dude is twice my age AND looks better than most people in my age group (20's)

Love the guys energy and enthusiasm, I've seen some really ugly beat up miserable people in their 60's.

TheCj

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jan 3, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Pretty entertaining so far.

Grant, Monique, Elaine all seem to be moving a lot faster than Glen did in the first season. Which makes it a bit less dramatic, yet still interesting.

Would be nice to see a graphic comparing the three as they go along every episode. I thought Grant definitely killed it the first day, Then Elaine looks like she has set herself up the best by the end of the next day.

Most interested in Monique's idea, everything else seems a little iffy...
Is funny I find myself thinking the opposite.

Grant and Elaine seem to be following a path that is more realistic/repeatable by working in exchange for a room. As opposed to Monique, where I do catch myself thinking she is just very lucky. (I've heard the accounts of people going to shelters/Church's etc.. for help with a place to stay and they have been turned away or had to wait days etc.. before they can be placed somewhere.) Even her idea seems like something she prepared before hand and could have tried to implement anywhere.

You have to give Grant Cardone some credit for doing the challenge. He is 62 years old, as a huge personal brand, and IMO more to lose than to gain. If he f*cks this challenge up it will have a negative effect on his brand.
As a fan of Grant, he's tried doing a few TV shows before. I don't think he's really worried about his brand image being negatively impacted. Him failing wouldn't hurt his image, if he did some shady stuff that would hurt his brand. So yeah no issues there.

"There is no such thing as bad publicity"

The biggest hurdle they all seem to have is the camera crew following them.

Last edited:

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
good show, on the second episode at the moment.

grant did an interview that when he landed in Peublo, the first thing he did was get rid of his $100.
I didn't see him do this on the show, no mention of it. So seemed like BS to promote himself on the show.

you know the one thing is, that the cameras on them definitely helps...

Monique's plot line doesn't seem believable. If you haven't seen episode 2, she meets some pretty big names/connected people.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Pretty entertaining so far.

Grant, Monique, Elaine all seem to be moving a lot faster than Glen did in the first season. Which makes it a bit less dramatic, yet still interesting.

Would be nice to see a graphic comparing the three as they go along every episode. I thought Grant definitely killed it the first day, Then Elaine looks like she has set herself up the best by the end of the next day.

Is funny I find myself thinking the opposite.

Grant and Elaine seem to be following a path that is more realistic/repeatable by working in exchange for a room. As opposed to Monique, where I do catch myself thinking she is just very lucky. (I've heard the accounts of people going to shelters/Church's etc.. for help with a place to stay and they have been turned away or had to wait days etc.. before they can be placed somewhere.) Even her idea seems like something she prepared before hand and could have tried to implement anywhere.

As a fan of Grant, he's tried doing a few TV shows before. I don't think he's really worried about his brand image being negatively impacted. Him failing wouldn't hurt his image, if he did some shady stuff that would hurt his brand. So yeah no issues there.

"There is no such thing as bad publicity"

The biggest hurdle they all seem to have is the camera crew following them.

I'm a bit skeptical of Grant's first big deal on the second episode...

Would anyone here on the forum ever actually accept an offer like that!? Seems totally impossible.

Last edited:

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
I'm a bit skeptical of Grant's first big deal on the second episode...

Would anyone here on the forum ever actually accept an offer like that!? Seems totally impossible.
IDK, maybe he did it because of the camera factor.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.