The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

zacharie101

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Aug 17, 2013
Trying to make this as short as possible lol

I hate working a 9 to 5 job. I hate waking up everyday dreading work, being stuck in rush hour, and just repeating the same routine week after week.

Is this what life is all about? I stare outside of the window on my floor as I see people enjoying life, while I stare at a computer screen for 8 hours dying of boredom.

I decided to launch a subscription box business, which includes low calorie drinks and snacks. Customers can choose to receive either 6, 15, or 30 snacks delivered every month.

Not sure what I'm getting myself into, but it's too late to turn back around lol

d6BwgtF.png

gX30K4e.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Not sure what target market you're going for. On one hand you're promoting low calorie snacks, and on the other offering a walmart giftcard. I personally eat really healthy, all organic foods, mostly local, grass fed/free range etc. I occasionally splurge on some gluten free cookies or kettle cooked chips. I do see your business being successful, only if you find out who your target market is, and improve your offering/website.

Then again.. the snacks look like they're from walmart. If you're wanting to promote healthier eating/snacks, choose healthier brands. Think Kettle brand or johnsons honest for chips. Maybe even bean fields chips. Not Lays.

Also your company just "looks" small. At the bottom of your website I see this: Email us at: zacharie@lowkalz.com. Make that support@lowkalz.com. If you're using Gmail you can set up a support group in your admin settings and make an email for it, without paying more. I have plenty of emails for my company to make it look bigger.

As for being bigger:
nIxb5AQ.png

That certainly doesn't make you look bigger.

Also not sure if its just me.
CVfxbNp.jpg

But this picture makes me want to run away from your website. I don't think it fits. Nothing on your website says YEAH I WANT SNACKS FROM THESE GUYS.

This website is great, and hell I might even subscribe to them one day by how good their stuff looks: graze | snacks by mail

Even this is a whole lot better: Healthy Snack Subscription Box | Organic & Non-GMO | Gluten-Free, Vegan or Diet - Monthly Delivery

See what your competitors are doing, and imitate them. When I look at their websites, I have a really good idea of what I'm gonna get.

Plenty more I could say on what's wrong with your website, and what's wrong with the current offerings. But try to look bigger first. Redesign your home page, it IS your landing page. Make better call to actions. Write better copy. Have much better banner images. Make it ENTICING. Make someone like me open my wallet so you can send me food every month. Some of your products are the same ones I see at my local co-op, which is great. Others.. not so much. Keep it up!

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
Good stuff Zach, how do you plan on Marketing this product?

I don't quite plan on Subscribing (so I can't see how much it costs), but how did you figure out your pricing structure?

Recommendations:
- I'd make a more professional email, not zacharie@lowkalz.com, maybe something like support@lowkalz.com
- On your About page, change:
How much items will be in my box?
It should be "How many items will be in my box?"
- Change your Join Now page to a 'Pricing' page, no one wants to navigate around trying to find how much you cost. Be transparent.
- Your pictures on your 'Join Now' page should be different from each other. So users can see the difference, make the option that's most profitable also most preferable.

Other than that, looks appealing. Good job.

zacharie101

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Aug 17, 2013
Not sure what target market you're going for. On one hand you're promoting low calorie snacks, and on the other offering a walmart giftcard. I personally eat really healthy, all organic foods, mostly local, grass fed/free range etc. I occasionally splurge on some gluten free cookies or kettle cooked chips. I do see your business being successful, only if you find out who your target market is, and improve your offering/website.

Then again.. the snacks look like they're from walmart. If you're wanting to promote healthier eating/snacks, choose healthier brands. Think Kettle brand or johnsons honest for chips. Maybe even bean fields chips. Not Lays.

Also your company just "looks" small. At the bottom of your website I see this: Email us at: zacharie@lowkalz.com. Make that support@lowkalz.com. If you're using Gmail you can set up a support group in your admin settings and make an email for it, without paying more. I have plenty of emails for my company to make it look bigger.

As for being bigger:
nIxb5AQ.png

CVfxbNp.jpg

But this picture makes me want to run away from your website. I don't think it fits. Nothing on your website says YEAH I WANT SNACKS FROM THESE GUYS.

This website is great, and hell I might even subscribe to them one day by how good their stuff looks: graze | snacks by mail

Even this is a whole lot better: Healthy Snack Subscription Box | Organic & Non-GMO | Gluten-Free, Vegan or Diet - Monthly Delivery

See what your competitors are doing, and imitate them. When I look at their websites, I have a really good idea of what I'm gonna get.

Plenty more I could say on what's wrong with your website, and what's wrong with the current offerings. But try to look bigger first. Redesign your home page, it IS your landing page. Make better call to actions. Write better copy. Have much better banner images. Make it ENTICING. Make someone like me open my wallet so you can send me food every month. Some of your products are the same ones I see at my local co-op, which is great. Others.. not so much. Keep it up!

What would you suggest I do with the banner?

Thanks. I do have the kettle brand included. The customers would receive a surprise pack of snacks every month.

Is targeting people who are looking to eat low calorie snacks not target enough? If that makes sense.

I got inspired to go into the low calorie snack niche because I would be the person at the grocery stores trying to find low calorie snacks since eating veggies and drinking water gets boring.

zacharie101

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Aug 17, 2013
Good stuff Zach, how do you plan on Marketing this product?

I don't quite plan on Subscribing (so I can't see how much it costs), but how did you figure out your pricing structure?

Recommendations:
- I'd make a more professional email, not zacharie@lowkalz.com, maybe something like support@lowkalz.com
- On your About page, change:

It should be "How many items will be in my box?"
- Change your Join Now page to a 'Pricing' page, no one wants to navigate around trying to find how much you cost. Be transparent.
- Your pictures on your 'Join Now' page should be different from each other. So users can see the difference, make the option that's most profitable also most preferable.

Other than that, looks appealing. Good job.

I shipped a few boxes to influencers/youtubers and for the pricing I included cost of box, shipping, and getting products at wholesale price. I found that buying in bulk saves you more too.

zacharie101

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Aug 17, 2013

As for being bigger:
nIxb5AQ.png

CVfxbNp.jpg

Also, do you suggest I add more text like Urthbox?

zacharie101

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Aug 17, 2013
@Ravens_Shadow Is it better to have an image of just the box or images that show examples of the type of products/brands that will be in the box? My box is basically a variety that customers get each month, but at the same time I don't want customers thinking that the box only has the same brands/products every month. Hopefully you see what I mean?

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
More text, better images. With a smartphone, you can take some hella good photos with a bit of good editing.

8bd3sJf.png

Something simple like this (please don't use this image, its shit. Actually take a picture of the box outside).

Make sure you have text that says "all boxes are different!" or "No box is the same!" Have your pricing up front as well, so that it's super easy to find and see.

Sometimes I do get tired of vegetables. So maybe that can be your unique angle. "Tired of eating a crownless broccoli stalk as your mid-day snack? Bend the rules a little and indulge yourself with with our hand picked selection of amazing low calorie snacks that leave you feeling full and satisfied."

"Tired of breaking your teeth from eating carrots? Sooth your mouth with our deliciously healthy snacks."

Certainly not the best copy in the world on my part, but you get the point.

Find your angle, and nail it.

The website overall just needs more info :)

CrisTheBetter

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Mar 31, 2017
Stockholm
How about "shake boxes". I would buy one for instance every week. Just to have all my ingredients ready, I just peel, cut and mix them. Fresh and convenient.
I would like to see:
  • 100kcal, antioxidants-fruit-based-shake-box. For the "shake-me-in-the-morning kind of guy"...
  • 150kcal, energy-fruit-based-shake-box. For the "pre-workout-anytime kind of guy"
  • 150kcal, protein-fruit-milk-shake-box. For the "after-workout-need-to-grow-some-muscles kind of guy"
  • 250kcal, protein-fruit-nuts-milk-shake-box. Fir the "trust-me-I-m-professional-after-workout kind of guy"
Sell it with a shaker (container) inside the box. As a "starter" package.

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Try again it should be good now. The site is hosted on cratejoy.
How's crate joy working for you so far? Do you like their service?

I was gonna open up a subscription box myself but with a different market and was considering crate joy but I'm not sure it's worth it. By the way, nice job on the progress!

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
In your first post, I see hate and discontent. In your follow-ups, there is hunger for information and desire to do something.

It may be the hate and discontent that is driving you but is that the real motivation? Accept those things as a stepping stone rather than a reality. Allow yourself peace in the process of building a life you want.

zacharie101

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Aug 17, 2013
In your first post, I see hate and discontent. In your follow-ups, there is hunger for information and desire to do something.

It may be the hate and discontent that is driving you but is that the real motivation? Accept those things as a stepping stone rather than a reality. Allow yourself peace in the process of building a life you want.

I'm really motivated to build the life I want. I have been focusing on building multiple streams of income and the subscription box is just one of them. It's also something i'm passionate about.

My dream is just to have something that I built myself and can live off even if it doesn't make me rich.

zacharie101

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Aug 17, 2013
How's crate joy working for you so far? Do you like their service?

I was gonna open up a subscription box myself but with a different market and was considering crate joy but I'm not sure it's worth it. By the way, nice job on the progress!

Join the subscription school group on Facebook and visit their website. They have a wealth of information.

I'm still new to Cratejoy, but the only bad part so far is if you want to make major changes to your design , you will probably need to hire someone who knows how to code.

Shopify is another alternative to Cratejoy.

zacharie101

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Aug 17, 2013
More text, better images. With a smartphone, you can take some hella good photos with a bit of good editing.

8bd3sJf.png

Something simple like this (please don't use this image, its shit. Actually take a picture of the box outside).

Make sure you have text that says "all boxes are different!" or "No box is the same!" Have your pricing up front as well, so that it's super easy to find and see.

Sometimes I do get tired of vegetables. So maybe that can be your unique angle. "Tired of eating a crownless broccoli stalk as your mid-day snack? Bend the rules a little and indulge yourself with with our hand picked selection of amazing low calorie snacks that leave you feeling full and satisfied."

"Tired of breaking your teeth from eating carrots? Sooth your mouth with our deliciously healthy snacks."

Certainly not the best copy in the world on my part, but you get the point.

Find your angle, and nail it.

The website overall just needs more info :)
Great ideas. I will implement them. Thanks for all your help.

zacharie101

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Aug 17, 2013
If anyone cares to know how I have been doing so far.

I made changes to the websites design, I've been working with a few influencers, and most importantly I got a few subscribers.

I'm still learning and growing everyday. This is a is marathon and not a sprint. I made so many mistakes so far, but seeing my progress keeps me motivated. My ultimate goal is down the road to be able to have my own line of food products in retail stores.

cRXyZ4w.jpg

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Website is starting to look more appealing. You're on the right track!

You do have an error here on the first page:

Bx7HHqC.png

Whats in the box isn't a proper header.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads