The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The secret that was left out of The Millionaire Fast Lane Book

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...
Status
Not open for further replies.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
If you are not willing to share any advice with me, why would I do an update thread and share my advice with you?

he didnt say come back and give us advice lol. he said come back and tell us about your success... you make alot of assumptions about things you read... you should prolly look into that.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Disruptive

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
May 23, 2012
kwerner,

A long while ago, a great warrior faced a situation which made it necessary for him to make a decision which insured his success on the battlefield. He was about to send his armies against a powerful foe, whose men outnumbered his own. He loaded his soldiers into boats, sailed to the enemy’s country, unloaded soldiers and equipment, then gave the order to burn the ships that had carried them. Addressing his men before the first battle, he said, “You see the boats going up in smoke. That means that we cannot leave these shores alive unless we win! We now have no choice—we win, or we perish! They won.

CarrieW,

he said come back and tell us about your success...

He said "I am sure we would all love to see an update thread for you detailing your success."

That constitutes advice.

You make alot of assumptions about things you read too... you should prolly look into that as well.

cants

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Nov 10, 2011
No cants,

It's YOU that should re-read the book.

REALLY?

If everyone followed that advice, EVERYONE WOULD GET A JOB!

Because it's the way of less thinking and instant action, that's what you are suggesting, how ridiculous is that?

You have to STOP and THINK before you do anything, you have to realize there's something called efficiency and leverage, and that's what MFL is all about, not that stuff you are talking about.

All I need, or needed, was someone to come to this thread and say "look, you are assuming X... and here's why it's a wrong assumption" and present me something LOGICAL to prove their point, strong enough to convince me.

That's it.

Drop that kind of annoying and offensive "advice".

Did I tell you to take massive action without thinking? If you've really read the book, you know that the MASSIVE action should follow after you've identified a fastlane business/opportunity, one that meets all the 5 commandments. That's what you should do instead of finding flaws in the system because you won't. IT WORKS, I'm just getting started and my income has already quadrupled once I tweaked my game plan and followed the fastlane system.

Don't see the system from a typical make money online marketer's perspective because you'll never understand it. The internet is not the only way to be in the fastlane, although it's a great vehicle to use.

and my friend, It's nobody's job to convince you. I don't need to re-read the book, I'm already living it!

Disruptive

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
May 23, 2012
cants,

My "problem" was that I was dealing with a small market, and I could see myself reaching saturation with SEO very quickly.

I don't mean saturation as completely dominating each and every keyword there is for this market, I mean reaching a point of diminishing returns, where the keywords left only have a few visitors a day and simply doesn't justify the effort.

I was precisely looking into how could I could meet the 5 commandments, but I wasn't sure about how I would go about scaling since SEO would saturate quickly, and I saw paid advertising as my only option to achieve scale.

And when I investigated that, I found that the money I would make from the business wouldn't cover the price of advertising.

So I was stuck with a low volume business that could not grow.

That was my problem.

Some people here saw this, like MJ, JamItFast and Vigilante.

I had 2 wrong assumptions:

1) SEO is not an option to achieve scale because it saturates quickly

MJ made me realize that this is not true if your market is big enough.

I was blown away when he said that only 25% of his traffic came from paid sources and most of it came from SEO. I thought it was completely the opposite.

2) You can only scale with paid advertising

MJ, Vigilante and JamItFast made me realize that you can in fact achieve scale with SEO and other options that cost nothing, basically making your ROI infinite and making virtually any business possible because the customer acquisition cost is insignificant.

I'm still convinced that most people that posted on this thread don't even realize what my situation was.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
kwerner,

CarrieW,

He said "I am sure we would all love to see an update thread for you detailing your success."

That constitutes advice.

You make alot of assumptions about things you read too... you should prolly look into that as well.

You post like a 12 year old that has never been on a forum before lol

When you post come back with details on how it goes it means hey buddy report back how things go.

WOW you are either naturally a paranoid suspicious person or you scam people and think others do the same thing.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
I would venture to say everyone on the thread realizes what your situation is/was. that is everyone except you! he never said to give anyone advice. detailing your success doesnt mean giving anyone advice, or telling anyone exactly what you did and how you did it. it is simply a story.

I have been here a long time, I have looked into many many things, the only assumptions I have made about you is that your an a**hole and that was only after you were soo rude! and I stand by my assessment!

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
cants,

My "problem" was that I was dealing with a small market, and I could see myself reaching saturation with SEO very quickly.

I don't mean saturation as completely dominating each and every keyword there is for this market, I mean reaching a point of diminishing returns, where the keywords left only have a few visitors a day and simply doesn't justify the effort.

I was precisely looking into how could I could meet the 5 commandments, but I wasn't sure about how I would go about scaling since SEO would saturate quickly, and I saw paid advertising as my only option to achieve scale.

And when I investigated that, I found that the money I would make from the business wouldn't cover the price of advertising.

That was my problem.

I'm still convinced that most people that posted on this thread don't even realize what my situation was.

No most of the people here REALLY do not care about what your situation was but find it entertaining to see just how wacko your posts are going to get.

You know like watching a train wreck, you don't want to and you know you should not keep looking at others misery but you keep looking back to see the carnage much like your self destructive behavior.

I truly do hope it does not carry over into your real offline life but get the idea that it does.

Reactions: SDE

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
You know what's awesome? When people burn all their bridges, they're left stranded on an island all by themselves.

kwerner,

A long while ago, a great warrior faced a situation which made it necessary for him to make a decision which insured his success on the battlefield. He was about to send his armies against a powerful foe, whose men outnumbered his own. He loaded his soldiers into boats, sailed to the enemy’s country, unloaded soldiers and equipment, then gave the order to burn the ships that had carried them. Addressing his men before the first battle, he said, “You see the boats going up in smoke. That means that we cannot leave these shores alive unless we win! We now have no choice—we win, or we perish! They won.

The difference between you and this great warrior - He wasn't asking for help on the battlefield.

Disruptive

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
May 23, 2012
Carriew , PatrickP, kwarner ,

I really don't care about what you say or think.

I came to this forum for a reason, to get around my problem.

Guess what? I did.

I know my methods are not the most orthodox and sorry if I did piss some people off that really wanted to help along the way but that's how it went.

Now I will go to work and maybe 1 year from now I'll drop by and say hello.

Probably I will find you still posting worthless wabble.

There's a saying... usually, success is inverse proportionality to the number of posts someone has.

Judging by your count, I think you are well on your way.

I would like to say thanks to MJ, Vigilante, JamItFast and zen******* for their contribution to this thread.

Most of you guys will NEVER realize the value of the info these guys shared on this thread. It's unbelievable.

What started as a hyped up thread title became real, there really is a "secret" on this thread.

Few will see it, most wont. Such is life.

I can see this thread becoming legendary around here with time. I know many of you will refer back.

Good luck for the others.

- This is the end of this thread -

cants

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Nov 10, 2011
cants,

That was my problem.

I had 2 wrong assumptions:

1) SEO is not an option to achieve scale because it saturates quickly

MJ made me realize that this is not true if your market is big enough.

I was blown away when he said that only 25% of his traffic came from paid sources and most of it came from SEO. I thought it was completely the opposite.

2) You can only scale with paid advertising

MJ, Vigilante and JamItFast made me realize that you can in fact achieve scale with SEO and other options that cost nothing, basically making your ROI infinite and making virtually any business possible because the customer acquisition cost is insignificant.

If the market is small as you say and the profit per sale is not significant then it's not fastlane. As simple as that. Go look for other opportunities.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Good luck:

The Last Psychiatrist: A Generational Pathology: Narcissism Is Not Grandiosity

It is you, it is all you, it is always you. Isn't it odd how narcissism turns everything inward, except blame?

It's not odd, it is by psychic design, and psychiatry has failed you all in this. If individual narcissism is self-defensive, one might presume that societal narcissism will find it's own way to hide in plain sight. Narcissism became synonymous with grandiosity because that facilitated its measurement. But in so doing, the most significant social pathology in two generations was rendered undetectable.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Wow, what a thread.

Between this one and the ecommerce thread by Biophase, the value is amazing.

Lighthouse, you are correct. It would be wonderful to have a way to 'hide' the personal attacks and other useless comments.

I focus on the value posts.

Wow.

I can't recall giving that much rep++ to that many people in one thread.

Super cool.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
Wow, what a thread.

Between this one and the ecommerce thread by Biophase, the value is amazing.

Lighthouse, you are correct. It would be wonderful to have a way to 'hide' the personal attacks and other useless comments.

I focus on the value posts.

Wow.

I can't recall giving that much rep++ to that many people in one thread.

Super cool.

You are a MOD, why don't you just delete the personal attack posts and warn the member, myself included?

I reported a personal attack post a while ago but nothing was done. I think when that happens it seems members believe it is ok to do that, have to admit myself included.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
andiviv is a mod not our mothers! mj read it and if he felt things needed to be changed or deleted I am sure he would have no issues doing it himself!

If you take out parts of posts and certian comments you damage the thread imo...

noone will really know what happened!

Reactions: SDE

Giles

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 11, 2007
Now, regarding SEO...

I just need someone to explain to me how scale is achieved through SEO - real scale, enough to generate 10.000 visitors a day.

Do you rank for a long tail keyword, and when you are successful you start ranking for other related long tail keywords?

I don't get it...

Just thought I'd chime in here with a real world example. In January, there were 13,267 search terms that resulted in someone landing on one of the sites I work for.

The best Keyword delivered 26,000 visits. Every keyword after the 500th (when ranked in order) only delivered 25 visits max. So even though they resulted in only 25 visits, when you have 12,000 search terms resulting in 25 visits that equals 300,000 visits!The point is, if we wanted to scale, we could keep adding content until we rank well for 15,000 searches, or 20,000 search terms. We don't focus on SEO, and never have. We just focus on quality content.

Search traffic accounted for about 45% of our traffic, Direct about 45%, and referral 10%.

Also remember this: If you spend 0.30cents on a PPC campaign and they don't buy, they might still become a customer. Maybe they book marked the site to buy at a later date? Maybe they will come back 20 times over the next month and give you a lead every time! Maybe they are delaying the purchase a month while they save up. Maybe they are too busy posting about the page on their Facebook wall to make a purchase right now!

If we wanted to scale I would build our referral traffic. 10% is tiny. And it won't be too hard to get this doubled or tripled by asking some relevant high traffic sites to link to us.

cashflow3000

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jun 13, 2011
Bellingham, Washington, USA
this thread is like a train wreck sprinkled with nuggets of gold.

I've +d and thanked many of you, thanks again.

My little contribution: back in 2010 I wrote and posted an article on my website that now accounts for 20% of my website traffic. I'm ranked on the first page of google (#2 - #7 spots) for several relevant keyword searches, all from the same article. All I did was follow a simple formula of repeating certain phrases a few times in the article, while writing an article with good content.

SEO doesn't have to be that hard. Tap into your niche, provide good content, and the traffic will follow.

Best of luck everyone!

Fisherman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Mar 31, 2012
Toronto
You are a MOD, why don't you just delete the personal attack posts and warn the member, myself included?

I reported a personal attack post a while ago but nothing was done. I think when that happens it seems members believe it is ok to do that, have to admit myself included.

why not report your self for trolling several of my posts the other day?

D

Deleted5250X

I would like to request that you post more often.

Especially about SEO.

Thanks

Ill try and do just that. I plan on hanging around here a lot more often as I'm almost finished with my degree, there seems to be a lot of helpful successful people. I really appreciated your post about being on forums and helping people, I currently don't have a fastlane business, but that's a great way to figure out what people need. Thank you.

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
What started as a hyped up thread title became real, there really is a "secret" on this thread.

Few will see it, most wont. Such is life.
Personally, I believed in secrets for many years when I was following all kinds of Internet marketing gurus. I was looking for that "secret" under a rock, to make me "rich quick". I don't know if that is the "secret" you are referring to too. Not trying to be rude. Just speaking of personal experience. I've grown past those feelings now, and realize that it takes more than "luck" and knowing the "secrets" to make real money online. Literally, there's no "one thing" that will make you successful. But a whole lot of things. That's just what I'm trying to say.

Just an heads up, to let you think a little. And try to avoid the "get rich quick" mentality, if you can. And I'm not talking about the fastlane get rich quick mentality, but the "get rich mentality" of getting rich in a few days, weeks or months.

It took me years to overcome. But I agree, there's a lot of solid advice in this thread. :smx9:

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
Ill try and do just that. I plan on hanging around here a lot more often as I'm almost finished with my degree, there seems to be a lot of helpful successful people. I really appreciated your post about being on forums and helping people, I currently don't have a fastlane business, but that's a great way to figure out what people need. Thank you.

Who knows maybe we can help each other. I am trying to decide what business to do next and would be happy to help you however I can. I never take any fee as I get as much if not more help in helping others with their businesses.

Over the years I got a TON of free help, ideas etc from owners of other businesses in the same industry I was in.

Hit me up with a PM any time.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I go away for a week and miss this whole thread!

I started reading this from the original post and was formulating an answer for him/her. But after going through the whole thread I decided not to post the meat of it. I'm sure he won't give a shit about me or whatever I don't know but I don't help rude people. Why would I spend time to help someone who shows up and insults others on this board? However, I also don't want to not help the ones who will actually read and appreciate this forum.

My main thing to ponder is, What is SEO saturation? What does it mean?

Even taking into account a super tiny niche, how do you achieve SEO saturation?

If red softball bats gets 100 searches a day, are you at SEO saturation when your analytics shows that you got 100 visitors from the keyword "red softball bats"? What about "cheap softball red bats?" mutliplied by the hundreds of other iterations and adjectives that people are putting in front of it?

If you rank #1 for every single possible iteration of red + softball + bats AND "adjective" + red + softball + bats, are you at SEO saturation?

What about about spot #2? What about the images spots? shopping? videos?

Is 100 hits a day the maximum that you can get for this search term?

What does it SEO saturation mean?

Venetian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jun 1, 2012
Hi biophase,

I'm from Portugal and I kind of have the same problem as the OP ( if he was referring to a small market ).

For most of the keywords, there simply aren't that many searched per day.

For instance, the equivalent of 'personal loans' here has about 1500 searches a day, in the US it has about 30k.

'personal loans' is one of the most searched terms, and it has almost 20x less searches than the equivalent in the US.

Maybe he was in the same situation and saw that there aren't many searches even for the more generic terms, and the more long tail you go, the less searches you get, until you reach a point where it simply isn't worth the effort to rank for a keyword to get like 5 or 10 searches a day.

I think that can be seen as 'SEO saturation', although you could technically still rank for a thousand other combinations.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
You people...

Times have changed. There... That explains it for you.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I go away for a week and miss this whole thread!

I started reading this from the original post and was formulating an answer for him/her. But after going through the whole thread I decided not to post the meat of it. I'm sure he won't give a shit about me or whatever I don't know but I don't help rude people. Why would I spend time to help someone who shows up and insults others on this board? However, I also don't want to not help the ones who will actually read and appreciate this forum.

My main thing to ponder is, What is SEO saturation? What does it mean?

Even taking into account a super tiny niche, how do you achieve SEO saturation?

If red softball bats gets 100 searches a day, are you at SEO saturation when your analytics shows that you got 100 visitors from the keyword "red softball bats"? What about "cheap softball red bats?" mutliplied by the hundreds of other iterations and adjectives that people are putting in front of it?

If you rank #1 for every single possible iteration of red + softball + bats AND "adjective" + red + softball + bats, are you at SEO saturation?

What about about spot #2? What about the images spots? shopping? videos?

Is 100 hits a day the maximum that you can get for this search term?

LOl it's really not even worth the time asking questions. I saw the exact same ..... "seo saturation"..... i've never heard that before.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

I interpreted this to mean that the market he is targeting is too small, and he would rank #1, on the first page for that particular niche for all keywords. And BTW, I keep seeing it quoted that my traffic was "mostly SEO" - this again, is wrong. A good % was SEO, but as I remember, I had a broad mix of traffic from all sources. SEO might have been 25-33%. PPC another 25%. Affiliates 25-33%. I couldn't say that "X source" was responsible for most of my traffic - it was a bunch of stuff.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hi biophase,

I'm from Portugal and I kind of have the same problem as the OP ( if he was referring to a small market ).

For most of the keywords, there simply aren't that many searched per day.

For instance, the equivalent of 'personal loans' here has about 1500 searches a day, in the US it has about 30k.

'personal loans' is one of the most searched terms, and it has almost 20x less searches than the equivalent in the US.

Maybe he was in the same situation and saw that there aren't many searches even for the more generic terms, and the more long tail you go, the less searches you get, until you reach a point where it simply isn't worth the effort to rank for a keyword to get like 5 or 10 searches a day.

I think that can be seen as 'SEO saturation', although you could technically still rank for a thousand other combinations.

The sum of all the long tails is usually alot greater than the total of a few main keywords. I don't believe that you can capture all the traffic in the world on a particular niche.

In fact, I would think that the worse strategy would be for your site to rank #1 for personal loans vs. another site that ranks #1 for 100 long tail versions of personal loans. If you get Google penguined you are screwed in the first case, but in the second case you may only take a small hit on a few keywords.

Venetian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jun 1, 2012
Hi biophase,

Absolutely. I don't believe that you can capture all the traffic on any niche either.

I was only saying that the effort to rank for 100 different keywords that get 1 search per day each maybe is too much of a hassle compared to the effort to rank for a single keyword that gets 100 searches per day.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Screw internet business now. Its too saturated with people that want to GRQ. Have a website, but relying on traffic and shit now is just too hard considering other options.

verial

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
May 8, 2012
Taipei
Jesus Christ. Could anyone briefly summarize this thread for me?

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
OP REALLY questions MJ about the truth that he made any money because no way he could have done it all via SEO.

20+ members try repeatedly to explain to OP the numbers and how it was done NOT all with SEO and that MJ never claimed that.

OP refuses to believe it question each members reality and claiming that none of us gave him any help except for MJ and a couple others.

OP leaves in a huff.

I think that pretty much cliffs it : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads