The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The perfect idea, or the steady process?

Idea threads

Patrick Ciora

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Dec 5, 2019
Germany
Hey FastlaneCommunity,

as mentioned in my title I'm a bit stuck in between to basic question anchored in my head.
I'm bouncing between finding the "right" idea or just going to start off building a website and once I'm at a certain point I can come up with the right idea.
So which approach would you recommend based on your experience more: process > idea, or idea > process?

Or am I stressing myself for no needs?

Just let me know what you think, I would be thankful for any further help!

Best regards
Patrick

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
It's a bit of a balance - you need to get out there and validate your idea.

But I would say process is more important because validation is part of the process in my opinion. And that means constant validation - how you market your product, how to best sell, etc. The idea of a clothing store for example is a shit idea, but choosing the right locations, negotiating with vendors, getting to know customer needs, etc is all process that makes a shitty idea golden.

I'd also say, don't let "coming up with the right idea" keep you from process. A lot of people ask me how I figured out ideas for software and it was pretty much all from my work experience, networking, talking to customers. I come across new business ideas constantly, even from just networking events.

GatsbyMag

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 20, 2016
Re-read The Millionaire's Fastlane - MJ talks about ideas & needs at length

The forum also has something called Golden Threads, read through some of the posts in there as they'll answer a lot of your questions as a beginner.

Good luck!

Patrick Ciora

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Dec 5, 2019
Germany
First, thanks a lot for your opinions, it helped me out!

I just hit today the chapters about CENTS, so I know now what you're talking about @GatsbyMag
But I will dive deeper into threads to get some inspiration, while not losing focus for my process.

Best regards
Patrick

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Not to mention, it's not really possible to build a successful website and not know what it's about. Successful being the key word.....

Patrick Ciora

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Dec 5, 2019
Germany
Yea that's right @minivanman, but there are several things to do before you get to the core of your website. Let's say like renting a server, setting up the basement, looking for frameworks, etc. that's what I mean by process > idea.
Of course this just refers to - how to start off best, without an idea it's not working at all.

Best regards
Patrick

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.