The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Moment

Gary

Elevatin' the Celebratin'
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Mar 18, 2011
San Diego
It was SO awesome to meet you, @Garyswife . You are such a badass, and I admire how well you balance family, friends, and business. You haven't lost your identity to the 'mom' and 'wife' titles, and I truly hope to emulate your example. I'm grateful to have met someone who 'gets' my situation, and I look forward to learning from and with you.

You can always call me to talk shop, too!

@Gary @Greg R ... You have created some monsters. :)

@Kristin R , what a great introduction! As @Garyswife mentioned to me last night, you are a phenomenal writer. I could feel your emotions and your power, and I'm so glad Kimberly and I got to spend such quality time with you and @Greg R . If we only lived closer, imagine the conversations and cocktails the four of us would have.

So we'll be watching you and Greg's progress from afar, fully confident you two are going to knock it out of the park!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

StompingAcorns

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Dec 11, 2015
Southeastern U.S.
Now, I’m not here to tell you that I’m breaking up with my all of my slow-lane friends and that I have decided to only socialize with entrepreneurs from now on. That would not be realistic, and I do not want to let go of the value that my current friendships provide. My plan is to simply compartmentalize my current friendships by the value they add to my life while expanding my efforts to meet an array of people who challenge and understand me in different ways.
Welcome! If it helps, I've had similar experiences. I've come to accept the fact that I'm different from most women. So I do the same thing and compartmentalize, in that I take the friendships I have at face value and don't expect them to "get" every aspect of me. When I run across the rare person that does get all of me...it's something to treasure.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Kristin R

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
809%
Feb 25, 2018
Chicago
Welcome! If it helps, I've had similar experiences. I've come to accept the fact that I'm different from most women. So I do the same thing and compartmentalize, in that I take the friendships I have at face value and don't expect them to "get" every aspect of me. When I run across the rare person that does get all of me...it's something to treasure.

@StompingAcorns , It does help to know that you have experienced this, too! I suppose it comes with the territory. Thanks for the note!

Kristin R

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
809%
Feb 25, 2018
Chicago
Have to agree, any interest in this area Kristin?

Thanks, @MJ DeMarco ! Writing has always been a passion of mine. My college minor was Creative Writing, and I used to write short stories and poems in my free time. I'm not really sure where that part of me has been hiding for the last six or seven years. Perhaps she took a back seat to the scripted, post-college monotony...

I have recently purchased a new journal with the intent of exercising my writing muscles again. Short of writing a novel, I have never been quite sure about how I would like to harness my writing skills for profit. I AM creating copy for mine and @Greg R 's future product ads, though.

Thanks, again, for the encouragement!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Eisenstein

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Dec 1, 2017
Heidelberg, Germany
Majority of people would go mad in knowing they have to take 110% responsability of their life
Majority of people would go mad in understanding that "fair" and "deserve" are meaningless words
Majority of people would go mad in experiencing hours of hard work that generate zero income

This is so true ... last year I watched a TV-discussion where the moderator called politicians "the managers of our life". This left me speechless!

Welcome Kristin! I read Greg's thread from time to time, so I'm excited about your journey! It's gorgeous you are doing this together, thumbs up!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...