The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The lifestyle, hobbies, and fun thread.

Sirrom

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
372%
Dec 5, 2020
That's awesome. There are some good freediving schools in the area doing courses and training in deep cenotes.

How did/do you like it? I've found it okay for a few days but I would never be able to live there.

That must be super exciting to move to a new place and absolutely love its views. Then you can tell yourself "damn, I can see this every day; I'm not going back home" and it gets even better.
Where have you been in Dubai? I could live on the palm in a nice beachfront apartment. Downtown / Burj area would kill me instantly.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DustinSaucier

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Jun 2, 2020
Gulfport, MS
After 25 some-odd years of not drawing or producing art, I picked up the pencil again back in September. Oddly enough, I’ve sold a few prints since then and am working on some as commissioned pieces. Lol, I didn’t really plan for or expect that to happen.IMG_6486.jpegIMG_6268.jpegIMG_6074.jpegIMG_5928.jpegIMG_5848.jpeg

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Where have you been in Dubai? I could live on the palm in a nice beachfront apartment. Downtown / Burj area would kill me instantly.

I was there for a couple of days a few years ago in some random hotel after my Airbnb didn't work out. It was relatively close to the downtown. Lots of smog in the morning, ridiculous traffic during peak hours, absolutely shittiest and most egoistic drivers in the entire world (if you don't physically block their lane, they'll never let you change to it).

Drove across the country as well. The drive to Jebel Jais (close to Ras-al-Khaimah) was nice.

The city is cool to see and experience but it's super fake and I'd imagine even worse these days with all the influencers living there. I also don't like the clothing rules and a general atmosphere (maybe just my perception) that you're constantly watched and are unknowingly breaking some rules. But I felt that way worse in Qatar.

Oman is by far my favorite in the region. Super chill people, beautiful nature, very safe and prosperous, not trying to be fake like Dubai.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
After 25 some-odd years of not drawing or producing art, I picked up the pencil again back in September. Oddly enough, I’ve sold a few prints since then and am working on some as commissioned pieces. Lol, I didn’t really plan for or expect that to happen.View attachment 52957View attachment 52958View attachment 52959View attachment 52960View attachment 52961
Holy shit, those are fantastic!! I’m not surprised people are paying

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wow this thread is exposing some talented people in many various endeavors, really cool and happy for you guys and gals.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I finished my 5-week freediving training in Bonaire. I'm doing my best to become the first Fastlane freediving instructor :)

Today I reached the depth needed for my last level (master freediver) before instructor (32 meters). But I didn't do the actual certification yet as it also has other requirements (that I can't meet yet) and takes more time that I no longer have here.

I actually did 33 meters (108 ft) in one style (free immersion, using the rope to go down and up) and 32 meters (105 ft) in constant weight (using bi-fins down and up).

Here's the video from constant weight to 32 meters.

Okay, I'll stop spamming you now with these freediving updates as my only training from now for at least the next few weeks will be boring dry training.

View attachment Wideo WhatsApp 2023-12-13 o 15.08.28_f65eb89a.mp4

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I finished my 5-week freediving training in Bonaire. I'm doing my best to become the first Fastlane freediving instructor :)

Today I reached the depth needed for my last level (master freediver) before instructor (32 meters). But I didn't do the actual certification yet as it also has other requirements (that I can't meet yet) and takes more time that I no longer have here.

I actually did 33 meters (108 ft) in one style (free immersion, using the rope to go down and up) and 32 meters (105 ft) in constant weight (using bi-fins down and up).

Here's the video from constant weight to 32 meters.

Okay, I'll stop spamming you now with these freediving updates as my only training from now for at least the next few weeks will be boring dry training.

View attachment 52968

How do you find the pressure at the depth? I freedived in a dive tank years ago, I think it got to about 10-12m deep and I remember feeling the pressure. I can't imagine what 32m is like.

If we're posting stuff we do...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PChNlooDM7U

DustinSaucier

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Jun 2, 2020
Gulfport, MS

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
How do you find the pressure at the depth? I freedived in a dive tank years ago, I think it got to about 10-12m deep and I remember feeling the pressure. I can't imagine what 32m is like.

If we're posting stuff we do...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PChNlooDM7U

If you refer to pressure in the ears, with the proper technique you don't feel anything. If you refer to pressure in your body, it's a matter of relaxation and also proper technique.

For this dive I felt some pressure on my trachea but that's because I need to improve my equalization technique.

Only when you go past 30 meters, closer to 35-40 (due to your lungs compressing to residual volume), you need to be very careful, take it slowly, and stretch to prepare your body for the pressure.

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
If you refer to pressure in the ears, with the proper technique you don't feel anything. If you refer to pressure in your body, it's a matter of relaxation and also proper technique.

For this dive I felt some pressure on my trachea but that's because I need to improve my equalization technique.

Only when you go past 30 meters, closer to 35-40 (due to your lungs compressing to residual volume), you need to be very careful, take it slowly, and stretch to prepare your body for the pressure.
that's pretty neat!

Yula

Go Small, Then Big or Go Home
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Mar 26, 2021
Netherlands
Last week I went and stepped out of my comfort zone, I had a healthy fear of heights but I decided to get my top-rope certificate!

Here’s a pic of me on the wall climbing a route (5c difficulty):

EB128CC3-5F1C-4321-A1AB-3B925B680D99.jpeg

The top where I eventually got was 17 meters up.

Of course you’re attached to a harness and rope, but the fear of height still kicks in hard!

AmazingLarry

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Jul 4, 2019
Just finished making this concrete clock for my brother in law (he's a civil engineer). Designed a 2 piece mold and 3D printed it. I had to destroy the mold to get the concrete out so thankfully it came out good enough on the first try :happy:

1000007987.jpg

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Last week I went and stepped out of my comfort zone, I had a healthy fear of heights but I decided to get my top-rope certificate!

Here’s a pic of me on the wall climbing a route (5c difficulty):

View attachment 52994

The top where I eventually got was 17 meters up.

Of course you’re attached to a harness and rope, but the fear of height still kicks in hard!

Great stuff. Climbing is addictive.

Get some practice in and do a lead climbing course next. Then your fear of heights will really kick in haha.

Yula

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Mar 26, 2021
Netherlands
Great stuff. Climbing is addictive.

Get some practice in and do a lead climbing course next. Then your fear of heights will really kick in haha.
Thanks! It really is, I've been bouldering for a little while now and decided to try it out.

Definitely want to go for the lead climbing course, but the climbing school requires you to toprope for at least a year. I've heard the falls can be quite scary hahaha (around 9 meters instead of 2 with top roping).

Do you climb yourself as well?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Definitely want to go for the lead climbing course, but the climbing school requires you to toprope for at least a year. I've heard the falls can be quite scary hahaha (around 9 meters instead of 2 with top roping).

A year is very long and it should depend on your climbing skill, not just time. Otherwise people without any skills could do the course after a year while someone who's already good after 6 months couldn't. There's a huge difference between someone who's going hardcore 3-4x a week and really trains vs someone who just goes casually bouldering without any plan.

I don't remember now but I think I did my lead climbing course after 6 months maybe?

Then again, you want a gym that's overly strict than not strict enough. Lead climbing can be dangerous if you're stupid or don't respect the rules (and even more so, if your belaying partner is stupid).

Do you climb yourself as well?

I climbed for a few years. These days, not really because I don't have a good gym in my city. The last time I climbed it was once outdoors in Greece in September after a long break of at least 2 years or so.

Here's a super quick video of me lead climbing there, and the first time climbing in the dark (quite hard, your skills go down at least by a grade or two):

View attachment VID-20230922-WA0000.mp4

That was the cliff during the day to give an idea of how awesome the backdrop was:

PXL_20230919_151147093.jpg

I started indoors because that's the only option in my area. Then I climbed outdoors as well but it's a 3-hour drive to shitty slippery rock. So we flew a few times to Spain (climbers' paradise) and also drove to and climbed in Croatia, Slovenia, and Italy. I also did multi-pitch climbing but always sport climbing. Trad was too risky for me.

Then a new climbing gym opened in my city and it was way, way better than the old, dusty, smelly one. Spacious, airy, everything new, longer routes and taller walls. So I started going only to the new one. But then covid happened, they shut it down completely and it was back to the old shitty one. I didn't want to go back to the old gym so I stopped climbing.

It's a little hard to tell from your picture but it looks like you have a good gym there assuming they regularly replace the routes and clean the holds.

Thanks! It really is, I've been bouldering for a little while now and decided to try it out.

Bouldering is good for training but I never liked it as much as going up. It's just a different dynamic and a different activity. You can still get scared bouldering but it's not the same so the mental challenge is different. Bouldering is often more reliant on your strength and skin endurance rather than the mind.

Yula

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Mar 26, 2021
Netherlands
A year is very long and it should depend on your climbing skill, not just time. Otherwise people without any skills could do the course after a year while someone who's already good after 6 months couldn't. There's a huge difference between someone who's going hardcore 3-4x a week and really trains vs someone who just goes casually bouldering without any plan.

I don't remember now but I think I did my lead climbing course after 6 months maybe?

Then again, you want a gym that's overly strict than not strict enough. Lead climbing can be dangerous if you're stupid or don't respect the rules (and even more so, if your belaying partner is stupid).
That's true, I don't think they are very hard on the time limit, I'll ask them next time I'm at the gym.

They do however need you to climb at least 5c to do the course so I think it's more based on skill. I'm currently climbing 6a+, so I guess after having 6 months of experience I should be able to do it as well.

I climbed for a few years. These days, not really because I don't have a good gym in my city. The last time I climbed it was once outdoors in Greece in September after a long break of at least 2 years or so.

Here's a super quick video of me lead climbing there, and the first time climbing in the dark (quite hard, your skills go down at least by a grade or two):
Ahh that's unfortunate! I highly recommend visiting The Netherlands sometime, we have got some great climbing gyms here.

Awesome climb by the way, I can't even imagine the feeling of climbing in the dark lol! I'm planning to climb in Austria next year with a couple of friends, but first I'll need to make some meters in the gym.

I started indoors because that's the only option in my area. Then I climbed outdoors as well but it's a 3-hour drive to shitty slippery rock. So we flew a few times to Spain (climbers' paradise) and also drove to and climbed in Croatia, Slovenia, and Italy. I also did multi-pitch climbing but always sport climbing. Trad was too risky for me.

Then a new climbing gym opened in my city and it was way, way better than the old, dusty, smelly one. Spacious, airy, everything new, longer routes and taller walls. So I started going only to the new one. But then covid happened, they shut it down completely and it was back to the old shitty one. I didn't want to go back to the old gym so I stopped climbing.
Ahh that's unfortunate... At least you've got a new sport to be working on!

I've also made a promise to myself to never go trad climbing, one misplaced device can cause some serious problems.

It's a little hard to tell from your picture but it looks like you have a good gym there assuming they regularly replace the routes and clean the holds.
Yeah the gyms here are very well maintained, they replace each route every 2 months and the gym is quite big so there's not really a moment where you won't be able to do a new route.

Bouldering is good for training but I never liked it as much as going up. It's just a different dynamic and a different activity. You can still get scared bouldering but it's not the same so the mental challenge is different. Bouldering is often more reliant on your strength and skin endurance rather than the mind.
They are two totally different sports, but one complements the other. But I totally agree, the mental challenge of climbing higher and higher is way tougher than a difficult boulder move.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
IMG-20231126-WA0008.jpgIMG-20231126-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20231126-WA0015.jpg

Played at a band contest again (got 3rd place). This time on the bass and with some guys who I know from the schools musical group. We met for a Jam session and then choose to apply to this contest after playing for an hour. Mind you we had never played in a band together like this.

Well, we got in and then had 4 Weeks to get ready to play a 25 minute set.
Luckily everyone in the band was basically a professional and we got some cool stuff together.
Among other things a cover of let it go from frozen, arranged through a few hours of improv.
Also the drummer played harmonica in one song while playing drums.

Absolute blast to play with these guys and we are playing again in a few months at a festival.

Here are some recording I made while playing with them

SndUp | Post info (Let it go)

SndUp | Post info (21 Guns)

matteblack

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Oct 1, 2023
India

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Just had my first French class with an online teacher.

I studied French for 3 years in school 20 years ago but learned nothing and remembered nothing. So I studied with Duolingo for a few days before my first class.

Somehow today I was able to talk exclusively in (broken) French for a couple of minutes and my teacher told me that I'm not a true beginner but an advanced beginner lol.

French will be my fourth language. I speak Polish as a native, English almost as a native, and Spanish fluently (still working to get it to a fully proficient level).

During my travels I've noticed how useful French would be all around the world, particularly for me as a vegan who needs to decipher ingredients in a supermarket (many food products that lack an English label often have labels in French). I also want to visit some French-speaking places and the experience is always more enjoyable when you can speak the local language.

I also often meet French people who rarely speak English or speak it very badly. So this will open up yet another world to me, plus I really like the sound of French.

When I was younger I had a goal to speak 5 languages fluently so it's possible I'll still get there :) Though I don't see any other languages as useful as English, Spanish, and French. Maybe German but I'm not a fan of the language and culture.

Sirrom

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
372%
Dec 5, 2020
0F580287-7C61-4A62-A73A-2CB0A17E74D8.jpegYesterday I have been calling stakeholders and suppliers/partners all day to land a €360k deal. I loved every moment of it and I wish all my days were filled with deals like this. Adrenaline, cleverness, sharpness, social skills, ambition - everything comes together in work like this. And the nicest thing lol? I did it all from a beach in Dubai while listening to this song.

<3 Thank you MJ for writing your books and the FF community for the support and inspiration.

View: https://open.spotify.com/track/5heEqiu70KRIW0rinrgFCP?si=Vf9jLKmzQLebFfcdUJ1o8A

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
View attachment 53089Yesterday I have been calling stakeholders and suppliers/partners all day to land a €360k deal. I loved every moment of it and I wish all my days were filled with deals like this. Adrenaline, cleverness, sharpness, social skills, ambition - everything comes together in work like this. And the nicest thing lol? I did it all from a beach in Dubai while listening to this song.

<3 Thank you MJ for writing your books and the FF community for the support and inspiration.

View: https://open.spotify.com/track/5heEqiu70KRIW0rinrgFCP?si=Vf9jLKmzQLebFfcdUJ1o8A

These are the moments when you know you made some great decisions to be able to live like that.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Happiness is buying a desk online for my library, sight unseen, having it hands off delivered right into the space, having it fit perfectly, and having it color match the cabinetry exactly.

Extra bonus?

One of the guys who delivered it asked me if I just came from the gym. I said no, I haven't worked out in 3 days and he proceeded to flex and shake his head in approval. Must be that protein deficiency I have.

IMG_3314.jpg

IMG_3311.jpg

IMG_3313.jpg

DustinSaucier

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Jun 2, 2020
Gulfport, MS
Happiness is buying a desk online for my library, sight unseen, having it hands off delivered right into the space, having it fit perfectly, and having it color match the cabinetry exactly.

Extra bonus?

One of the guys who delivered it asked me if I just came from the gym. I said no, I haven't worked out in 3 days and he proceeded to flex and shake his head in approval. Must be that protein deficiency I have.

Heck yea! It looks great. Now zoom in on that bookshelf and let us see what ya have. :smuggy:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The Diderot Effect is real.

I never understood the expensive art *thing* but now I do. I get to enjoy and admire these pieces several times per day.

Finally got my Einstein relief hung in the office.

IMG_3326.jpg
IMG_3327.JPG

If I could fit a new Lambo in the house, I would put it in my living room just as a piece of art, no need to drive it.

IMG_3328.jpg
IMG_3329.jpg

If you're ever in Vegas, the Bill Mack Gallery is worth a stop; if I had the discretionary funds I buy the entire gallery.

Also, Android Jones for what I like to call, digital "MDMA" art.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.