The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The lifestyle, hobbies, and fun thread.

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
316%
Aug 8, 2021
View attachment 2023-08-09 23-49-17.mp4
A hobby of mine from times passed, letting go of my desire to make music to pursue entrepreneurship is extremely difficult, but i've wasted so much time and if I make money I can make music again without the headaches of doubt

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Thinking about getting into indoor cycling, does anybody use Zwift? It looks interesting and sometime that I could do for awhile, especially the group cycling!

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Went on a holiday to Amsterdam with a bunch of friends.
I lost my wallet on the drive there which then meant it took 14 hours of driving around to then get there without ID, drivers license or money.
Worked out anyways though but since we arrived past checkin time me and two guys were homeless for a night.

What a experience. (Pic taken at 2am while searching for a hostel with 24/7 checkin)20230807_235248.jpg

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Mar 15, 2018
Thinking about getting into indoor cycling, does anybody use Zwift? It looks interesting and sometime that I could do for awhile, especially the group cycling!
I’ve been using Zwift for years, since they just came out. Have a Tacx Neo trainer and my old race bike on it. Basically the entire bad weather season I spend on it…

It’s the closest thing to not being bored cycling indoor one can get. Group rides, structured workouts, FTP improvements, SST training available for free with the subscription. In short, it’s great.

Speaking of cycling… the weather has been good… some pics from my rides this week.
IMG_0932.jpeg

IMG_0725.jpeg

IMG_0690.jpeg

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
569%
Apr 17, 2022
I’ve been using Zwift for years, since they just came out. Have a Tacx Neo trainer and my old race bike on it. Basically the entire bad weather season I spend on it…

It’s the closest thing to not being bored cycling indoor one can get. Group rides, structured workouts, FTP improvements, SST training available for free with the subscription. In short, it’s great.

Speaking of cycling… the weather has been good… some pics from my rides this week.
View attachment 50719

View attachment 50721

View attachment 50722
1691913395789.png

REV5028

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Oct 29, 2022
New Mexico
A few weeks ago we went to the Blue Hole in Santa Rosa, NM.

The diameter at the surface is ~80 feet (24 m) and the depth of the main pool is also ~80 feet (24m), though there are a series of caverns that feed water in at a rate of ~3,000 gallons per minute - enough to completely replace the water in the pool every 6 hours, and the reason why the water is so clear blue. The temperature is a constant 62 F (17 C), making it the perfect place to escape the heat of the summer. You can also scuba dive it if that's your thing.

Across the street is another fun lake with a big inflatable obstacle course (not pictured, but just as fun).

So, if you're ever in northeastern NM during the summer, visiting Blue Hole is a must!

1689464627774.jpg

NeoDialectic

Successfully Exited the Rat Race
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
697%
Feb 11, 2022
Phoenix, az
G

Guest-5ty5s4

A few weeks ago we went to the Blue Hole in Santa Rosa, NM.

The diameter at the surface is ~80 feet (24 m) and the depth of the main pool is also ~80 feet (24m), though there are a series of caverns that feed water in at a rate of ~3,000 gallons per minute - enough to completely replace the water in the pool every 6 hours, and the reason why the water is so clear blue. The temperature is a constant 62 F (17 C), making it the perfect place to escape the heat of the summer. You can also scuba dive it if that's your thing.

Across the street is another fun lake with a big inflatable obstacle course (not pictured, but just as fun).

So, if you're ever in northeastern NM during the summer, visiting Blue Hole is a must!

View attachment 50736
Beautiful, but the delta pressure from the underwater caverns absolutely fuels my nightmares. (What happens when you combine swimming, diving, and engineering)

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
paragliding pfp_1.5.1.jpg
This week, I went paragliding for the first time. Absolutely loved it!

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I just bought a early 1970's Porsche Targa 2.7S this week.

I won't see it till I am back in Ireland at the end of the summer - but my dad has been enjoying it so far ha.

It looks very similar to this... (I will post actual photos when I get home to drive it)

View attachment 49061

A few things behind buying this:
- got a great deal, it is like 20k euros under priced (great time to buy right now)
- gives me a good reason to get home more and enjoy driving around Ireland
- also gives my dad a fun toy to play with haha, he likes cars and I know he will sneak in some drives

I actually wanted to start a little thread on holding and then flipping cars without losing money - it seems a few people on the forum have done this really well over the years. It would be cool to try build up the skill and do it with some proper supercars in a while.
That. Is. Sick.

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Have not been doing any travel or hobbies really since starting my commercial cleaning business almost a year ago, but a good chunk of that time was also spent watching over the dogs.
Murphy, in the cage, had cruciate ligament surgery and Gemma kept trying to nose herself into the cone whenever it was temporarily off him, so she got her own special one to keep her happy lol.

Then she went and did the same ligament a few weeks later anyway...

Screenshot_20230822-170520_Gallery.jpg

REV5028

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Oct 29, 2022
New Mexico
Have not been doing any travel or hobbies really since starting my commercial cleaning business almost a year ago, but a good chunk of that time was also spent watching over the dogs.
Murphy, in the cage, had cruciate ligament surgery and Gemma kept trying to nose herself into the cone whenever it was temporarily off him, so she got her own special one to keep her happy lol.

Then she went and did the same ligament a few weeks later anyway...

View attachment 50886
Aww poor babies - I hope they're all healed up or close to it!

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Aww poor babies - I hope they're all healed up or close to it!
Gemma completely but Murph may limp for life unfortunately.
I thought the picture was funny though lol. The doofus wanted her own cone of shame so bad we had to give her an airplane pillow so she wasn't jealous :rofl:

Last edited:

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
I drove 150km at night to explore an abandoned hospital with a buddy.
It was closed in 2010 and has been abandoned ever since. It has a former morgue in the basement which was kind of eerie to walk through.
Walking on the area and then climbing in through a broken window felt like the beginning of a horror movie.
The thing was F*cking massive btw. Main building had 8 stories with probably 50 rooms each.
Video is of us finding drunk people who thought we were ghosts.
View attachment 20230823_005145.mp4

Last edited:

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
May 18, 2023
It was closed in 2010 and has been abandoned ever since. It has a former morgue in the basement which was kind of eerie to walk through.
Walking on the area and then climbing in through a broken window felt like the beginning of a horror movie.
The thing was F*cking massive btw. Main building had 8 stories with probably 50 rooms each.
Video is of us going into the spooky basement.
View attachment 50915
Link ain’t working.. What happened?

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
May 18, 2023
Video is of us finding drunk people who thought we were ghosts.
View attachment 50928
All that for a 5 second video….

But It looks like I would live there fr..

DavidePaco00

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 27, 2022
I'll go 2nd.

Been training brazilian jiu-jitsu for 2 years now, and I've got to say it's one of the best investments I've EVER made. Period.

If you're someone who struggles with making connections (building a network) or friends because you just don't have many people around you, I encourage you to join a BJJ school.

A lot of the people I train with have not just become lifelong friends, but a lot of them are also doing really cool stuff. A lot of people in this sport seem to be weirdly in love with entrepreneurship.

Specifically, I'd recommend joining a school that has franchises. The most popular one is Renzo Gracie schools which are all over the place.

If you sign up for a Renzo Gracie school, you also get free access to other renzo gracie schools while travelling.

You also get this "unity" effect when you train at a school like Renzo Gracie, where if you visit one that isn't your main spot, you'll get treated as family.

Personally, I've trained jiu-jitsu in different states and all around my state in different towns, and I've probably made 150-200 REAL friends thus far, which is so insanely cool.

The coolest thing about jiu jitsu is that when it's man vs man, and you battle it out with someone, the amount of respect you have for each other is unmatched.

Think about how much respect you'll have gained and given to others after training with 1,000 partners.

One of the greatest sports ever!

PS: if you want to read a great book on BJJ, check out "Breathe" by Rickson Gracie

View attachment 49052
Hello! I've been training jujitsu for a year now, and I can say that it has profoundly changed me so far.

I used to get frustrasted when things didn't work out; I thought about quitting Jujitsu at least 8 to 10 times: been in three different comps, I lost in every one of them in the first match.

Then I started improving, being more aware of what I was doing during sparring, I was trying new thing and began to tap white belts, sometimes even blue belts.

Now, I'm not saying that all the negativity is gone. I'm going to have more psychological " dark times " in the future, but the fact is that losing and suffering create awarness of Your mental process.

I realized a very important thing: to win at life You first need to lose.

It's very important to be present when You are at class. This is why I found yoga and meditation to be a perfect match with Jujitsu.

Accepting loss with positicity and learning from Your mistakes, accepting them and not feeling like You are useless is probably the biggest lession

Bjj really helps You in life, especially if one used used to be a loser like I was, and this is only the beginning of my journey.

Cheers,

Davide.

RightyTighty

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
May 31, 2023
Arkansas
Five day backpacking trip in Montana’s Beartooth Mountains with my old fart High School buddies. Also field tested several backpacking invention prototypes.

Attachments

• IMG_5469.jpeg
    IMG_5469.jpeg
    507.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5514.jpeg
    IMG_5514.jpeg
    442.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1607.jpeg
    IMG_1607.jpeg
    416 KB · Views: 18

keshauneblack

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Aug 30, 2023
I currently like to attend cosplay conventions in my spare time. I think it is a really fun way to interact with people that have a deep interest in Nerd culture.

Attachments

• IMG_9818.jpg
    IMG_9818.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 13

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
May 18, 2023
I’ve had a lot of extra time on my hands and I’m wondering if anyone has any good shows or movies to kill some time!

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I’ve had a lot of extra time on my hands and I’m wondering if anyone has any good shows or movies to kill some time!
Cool hand Luke (see my profile pic lol).
I don't watch much tv anymore but someone got me to watch an episide of Tulsa King and I enjoyed it enough to watch the first season.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
May 18, 2023
Kind of off topic but I just remembered todays a blue super moon, anyone gonna scout out for it or already seen it?

PS, last one was in 2009, the next one will be in 2037, I’ll be in my late twenties by my next one so I ain’t missing out on this..

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
May 18, 2023
Is anyone here following the nfl season?

What team are you cheering for? Id like to hear some opinions.

Is anyone going to one of the actual games?

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Spring is here in Australia and I was lucky enough to land on my feet living 10 minutes away from this when I had to find a new place to rent rather suddenly. Noosa Heads Beach. There's a super scenic but relatively easy 90 to 120 min walk around the headland that I do at least once per week.
20230825_065844.jpg20230824_111752.jpg20230824_111747.jpg20230824_120640.jpg

This bench is ALWAYS free every time I go here :clap::
20230823_191257.jpg20230823_101818.jpg20230823_093809.jpg
20230823_100135.jpg

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
Spring is here in Australia and I was lucky enough to land on my feet living 10 minutes away from this when I had to find a new place to rent rather suddenly. Noosa Heads Beach. There's a super scenic but relatively easy 90 to 120 min walk around the headland that I do at least once per week.

Noosa is so terribly crowded surf-wise. I once went surfing at Little Cove at 5 am (right after sunrise, it was still a little dark) and by 6 am there were about 100 people in the water (I counted). And it wasn't even a great swell day. The beach is incredibly beautiful anyway and so nice for swimming on a calm day.

Surfing aside, I've been to over thirty countries and hundreds of places and no place in the world comes to the level of life quality enjoyed in Noosa and the Sunshine Coast of Queensland.

Perfect infrastructure, very clean, incredibly long beaches so you can always be alone, super friendly and chill people, incredibly well-stocked supermarkets and health food stores, crazy good food at Noosa's Farmers Market, lots of nature outside of the beaches, and so much more.

You're blessed to be able to live there (as I've told so many people living there lol).

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Noosa is so terribly crowded surf-wise. I once went surfing at Little Cove at 5 am (right after sunrise, it was still a little dark) and by 6 am there were about 100 people in the water (I counted). And it wasn't even a great swell day. The beach is incredibly beautiful anyway and so nice for swimming on a calm day.

Surfing aside, I've been to over thirty countries and hundreds of places and no place in the world comes to the level of life quality enjoyed in Noosa and the Sunshine Coast of Queensland.

Perfect infrastructure, very clean, incredibly long beaches so you can always be alone, super friendly and chill people, incredibly well-stocked supermarkets and health food stores, crazy good food at Noosa's Farmers Market, lots of nature outside of the beaches, and so much more.

You're blessed to be able to live there (as I've told so many people living there lol).
Oh for sure, it's only 40 mins from where I used to live but it's made a massive impact on how I feel day to day.
Now I just gotta work on pumping up the numbers on the linen shirts and the bank account so I can be a true local lol. Sounds good to me!

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
May 18, 2023
Kind of fun thought I had: in MJs GRRE , he said his 4th book is going to be about success stories, and how you can file yours.

I want to see who here will be in that book! It would be cool to see!

If you know of anyone who should or is being in it also please share your opinions/@ them!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.