- Joined
- May 7, 2014
- Messages
- 249
Rep Bank
$980
$980
User Power: 181%
I AM ALIVE. It's been a little while since iv'e been on this forum. I've been focused on taking action and not getting ideas, and I am going to keep that going.
A small bit about me: I'm 20 years old, I'm in sales, and I make decent money. I want more money.
I'm making this progress thread for TWO main reasons:
1. Keep track how much progress I have made.
2. For you to join the journey with me if this interest you.
First off, why am I choosing the software engineering field? (AKA Software Development)
Answer: It's a field that has an average salary of almost $100,000 (Some make 150k+).
SALARY? THAT'S SLOWLANE!? Yes it is, and I'm not forcing you to join and get a 9-5 job. You can make your own sites, apps, etc. with the skills you've learned. My personal plan is to get a high paying 9-5, do contract gigs and fastlane ventures on the side until I can make a steady six figures outside of a "job".
The field is great because the Computer Science degree is one of the hardest but most rewarding bachelors degrees there is...but guess what...you DON'T need a degree to do this! (I don't have one) Software Development is a beautiful field because it is focused on actual skill, and you can learn this skill on your'e own using the internet. Study the field if you don't believe me, their are PLENTY of people doing it without a degree.
In this thread, I'm going to share the sources I use to learn, the books I read, the time it takes me to learn, and tips and tricks I find out to help you all along the way on this journey with me.
The last part of this month (currently March 28th, 2016) is going to focus on the plan of action. We are not going to jump into this blindly, this will be a strategic plan of action.
We are going to decide what language we are going to start learning, the source we are going to use, and places where we can find more information in this field. (I've got most of this information already, just have to put it together as I don't want this thread a COMPLETE jumbled mess)
If you plan on doing this with me, be serious about it. This isn't going to be easy, it's a challenging field to learn, but once we do learn it, we will have an extremely valuable skill. Let me know if you plan on joining me in this venture, I'll answer any questions you may have.
A small bit about me: I'm 20 years old, I'm in sales, and I make decent money. I want more money.
I'm making this progress thread for TWO main reasons:
1. Keep track how much progress I have made.
2. For you to join the journey with me if this interest you.
First off, why am I choosing the software engineering field? (AKA Software Development)
Answer: It's a field that has an average salary of almost $100,000 (Some make 150k+).
SALARY? THAT'S SLOWLANE!? Yes it is, and I'm not forcing you to join and get a 9-5 job. You can make your own sites, apps, etc. with the skills you've learned. My personal plan is to get a high paying 9-5, do contract gigs and fastlane ventures on the side until I can make a steady six figures outside of a "job".
The field is great because the Computer Science degree is one of the hardest but most rewarding bachelors degrees there is...but guess what...you DON'T need a degree to do this! (I don't have one) Software Development is a beautiful field because it is focused on actual skill, and you can learn this skill on your'e own using the internet. Study the field if you don't believe me, their are PLENTY of people doing it without a degree.
In this thread, I'm going to share the sources I use to learn, the books I read, the time it takes me to learn, and tips and tricks I find out to help you all along the way on this journey with me.
The last part of this month (currently March 28th, 2016) is going to focus on the plan of action. We are not going to jump into this blindly, this will be a strategic plan of action.
We are going to decide what language we are going to start learning, the source we are going to use, and places where we can find more information in this field. (I've got most of this information already, just have to put it together as I don't want this thread a COMPLETE jumbled mess)
If you plan on doing this with me, be serious about it. This isn't going to be easy, it's a challenging field to learn, but once we do learn it, we will have an extremely valuable skill. Let me know if you plan on joining me in this venture, I'll answer any questions you may have.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
