The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Foundation Dude

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
I think that's not unusual for introverts. Rejection is a part of life. More people will reject you, than accept you. You have to brush it off. Usually it can be two things, you're to afraid to come out of your shell, not putting yourself out there, or they're just not worth your time in the first place. It's not always about you.
Or, and I'm making a crazy hypothesis here, he's a guy sitting in his parent's basement dreaming of taking action and playing MapleStory. So it is about him and his complete lack of value.

OP, I'm going to do you a solid and fix your life for you. I'm going to offer you, FOR FREE, my flagship product, the Single Secret You Need To Fix Your Life Now!. It's the exact reason you cannot seem to move life in the right direction, and if you can take this single small piece of wisdom and live by it, you will change your life literally in one single day.
The Secret will be in a few paragraphs, bear with me. I won't even ask you to opt in in my list!

You see, you can't get anything because you are not willing to work for it. But why?

You say that you want to "have the time and money to go to the gym and get some abs", but:
  • you have the time to lay around thinking and I'm sure you spend much more than a gym membership on bullshit;
  • it literally take 20 minutes to perform a routine of pushups, squats, dips, and crunches;
  • you're out of shape because you eat shit, not because of exercise.
And you know all those things. Then why don't you do to a gym? Why don't you start eating below maintenance calories and exercising with body-weight every morning?

You say you want to get into the SaaS game, but you need to go through an expensive program first, but:
  • how do you know you need Dane Maxwell to tell you how it's done if you didn't try?
  • you will need several skills, and you know it, from marketing to basics of how software works;
  • you will need money to put into it;
And you know all those things. Then why are you know learning the skills? Why are you not stalking the users in some niche to learn their pains? Why are not freelancing to hone those skills and make some seed money to use later?

Here's the thing: You want to be ready. You created a fantasy in which you will, when you have just enough time, just enough knowledge, just enough money, start everything just as it should be and go out there and push out your thing and it will deliver value and change your life.
And what's wrong with that, right?

Well, here's the secret to Life, the Universe and Everything: you will never be ready; ready doesn't exist, it's a procrastination buzzword. You need to put in the hours. Whoever told you you can get ready and then you won't need to work like a mule for years to get what you want was selling you something or was just plain stupid. No course will make you ready, no book will make you ready.
You need to put in the work. Accept it. Commit to it. Obsess over it.
Stop being a F*cking loser, because honestly, it's just plain disgusting.

PS: This is the type of thread people ask about in the classic "why are responses so harsh" thread.
I ask you how can the responses not be harsh. I've seen people whither away with cancer in a hospital bed, and homeless people lose limbs to frostbite. OP is completely healthy and wastes his time in a bunch of self pithy and rationalizations, and that makes my blood boil.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted21961

Don't rely on "feeling motivated". It's useless, it works like coke, wears off and you will need more later.
Be the simplest possible man standing on the edge between life and death. When you strip your life from all this meaningless shit like games, movies, hot water and french toasts, all that's left is your survival.
You know what survival looks like? It's two things, reaction and preparation. You must be ready to engage into really nasty action when it's necessary, forget liking or disliking it. And you must do things in preparation that will make your life easier in the future, but still, don't rely on them and never get used to them.
The Fastlane teaches difference between living by events and living by processes. When you stumble upon events, add them to your preparation routine.
Which means, you should never really stop working on your life. No moments of "now I have 10 millions, I'm done" or "I have watched Foundation, now I know, it's a matter of time".
Seriously. Civilization makes it easy to think you are safe and everything always is going to be fine. But think of it, it's still the same war and the same people as thousands years ago. Any law exists on paper and in minds of people, but only there, so it's only illusion. Your millions put on account in some safe foreign bank can disappear overnight. Your house may be ruined, your family killed. It's the same story as it always been, the one thing that changed are probabilities and it must be taken into account in preparation.

In short term, all your action is reaction and it relies on things you have in your hand.
In long term, all that matters is preparation and it relies on nothing but your spirit.

There is this vague image of the point when those two meet, but it looks as F*cking hard to reach, the point where you are a force of nature, no longer man.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Well aren't you the hotshot.

His track record isn't the issue, it's yours. What have you actually done? Please detail your track record of work instead of deflecting the argument to an unrelated attack. This thread is occupying space on this forum and if you're going to jump into this community starting these types of threads, expect to be challenged.

To be honest it sounds like you're not interested in getting to the heart of your problem, but more interested in the affirming the bull-shit narrative you've sold yourself.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
594%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I just finished watching 'The Foundation', and I am kicking myself for not realizing that the most difficult of challenges can be overcome with the simplest of solutions.

A guy who is sitting in his parents basement(like me), had the balls to send out some e-mails to top real-estate agents, contact top developers, and got people to fund his project, and ended up making $3000 a month in his first 9 weeks.

I am sitting here dreaming of all the ways I can take 'massive action' and spend hours doing things that DON'T work, and figuring out what mlm program I can basically donate my money to.

He breaks it down in simple, easy to understand language, and even got to sit around and play his X-Box while the software was being made.

I don't have X-Box but I would love to play some mmorpgs and catch up on some shows...

His story resonates exactly with me. I have always been rejected in High School, and I still get daily female rejection, even ONLINE!!! lol.

This is motivation for me to be a bit more bolder in my projects, and gives me hope that there is life outside of your parents basement, the sidewalk, and MapleStory and World of Warcraft.And gives me hope that I can finally have the time and money to go to the gym and get some abs, and get rid of my keg and man boobs.

So what's your first massive action step and when will you complete it by?

Fendaril

Contributor
Sep 7, 2015
I just finished watching 'The Foundation', and I am kicking myself for not realizing that the most difficult of challenges can be overcome with the simplest of solutions.

A guy who is sitting in his parents basement(like me), had the balls to send out some e-mails to top real-estate agents, contact top developers, and got people to fund his project, and ended up making $3000 a month in his first 9 weeks.

I am sitting here dreaming of all the ways I can take 'massive action' and spend hours doing things that DON'T work, and figuring out what mlm program I can basically donate my money to.

He breaks it down in simple, easy to understand language, and even got to sit around and play his X-Box while the software was being made.

I don't have X-Box but I would love to play some mmorpgs and catch up on some shows...

His story resonates exactly with me. I have always been rejected in High School, and I still get daily female rejection, even ONLINE!!! lol.

This is motivation for me to be a bit more bolder in my projects, and gives me hope that there is life outside of your parents basement, the sidewalk, and MapleStory and World of Warcraft.And gives me hope that I can finally have the time and money to go to the gym and get some abs, and get rid of my keg and man boobs.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
691%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I think that's not unusual for introverts. Rejection is a part of life. More people will reject you, than accept you. You have to brush it off. Usually it can be two things, you're to afraid to come out of your shell, not putting yourself out there, or they're just not worth your time in the first place. It's not always about you.

At the same time, just like with business, you don't get something for nothing. If you are too lazy to go to the gym then don't expect a girl that is great shape herself. Why should she date a guy who isn't looking after himself.

The plus side is fitness is easy to take care of. 3 months of consistent exercise and gym will give huge gains and increase your mental and physcial capacity for success in other areas (girls and business).

My advice: throw out the video games, get a gym membership and get out of the house. Start making real interactions and stay off on online dating (which is even more based on physical appearances then real life).

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
@Digamma - Wow, just wow. That post got me pumped for action this week. Awesome, awesome advice.

Going back to the rejection element earlier. As @Grzegorz Gołda says rejection becomes a problem when it becomes about you and your ego... and to be honest it's the space that most people come from. If someone doesn't take up their offer to do design work, well that's a dent in their ego, a blow to their confidence and so on and so on with the clichés.

But why? When I offer someone a cup of coffee and they say no I don't feel mortally wounded because it isn't something that I'm attaching my self worth to. They didn't want a cup of coffee, maybe because they don't like the coffee I use, maybe because they just drank one ... I don't know I can't say I've ever analysed it before. I have however spent hours when I started out wondering why someone didn't want my web design. Why didn't they like me? Wasn't I good enough? Is this a sign I should just give up? Well it could have been all or nothing of them, but that's allowed just like someone not wanting a coffee. They are saying they don't want something, they are not making a judgement of you and your self worth.

People will tell me they are too shy to make cold calls. I can even hear myself say it. The reason for that is you're treating every cold call as a pick up call. You're calling them wanting their approval to make you feel better about yourself.... and if that's happening through selling for your business then you're actually in a lot of trouble as it will be very hard to let go of elements of it when you need to scale as you're so emotionally attached to it. Now go to the other end of the spectrum.... I don't know about any of you, but there have been a number of times I've had to make emergency calls where it is critical the other person needs the info (for example, making sure people have got to say last goodbyes). Never once have I felt any nerves making those calls? Why, because it was nothing to do with me and my ego. They needed to know. I was doing them a service. If you're making calls, approaching people and not trying to date them and feeling nervous then you're doing something wrong.

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
@Mattie - it's because we all love you and want you to notice us with our replies ;) Seriously you bought up some issues lots struggle with which is why we all jumped on the Mattie bandwagon!

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
691%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I just saw the free version,

so i didnt see all of that.

So you watched a YouTube promo of the Foundation or you watched the Foundation?

It is a pretty large section, would be hard to miss.

If you haven't seen the full version then you have missed a lot of helpful material. To finish the Foundation without already taking action (in the forum/service of a product for one business) is to have missed the point. It is designed as a take-action-as-you-watch style course.

I would try get the full version and re-watch while taking detailed notes and completing the assignments as they come up.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
691%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Okay so since you haven't watched the actual program you are missing a lot of context.

Dane Maxwell didn't sit around playing X-Box consistently. And he had plenty of projects that failed. He did have some 'overnight' success but it was built on years of hard work and past failures. He might not have developed his software directly in recent projects (although he did learn and use that skill in earlier projects) but he did everything else himself.

In the meantime you should be reading the Fastlane Millionare. From your first post it seems like you want the event with very little process.

Also for fitness you don't need hardly and time or money. Plenty of free body weight exercises you can find online and actual gym membership is still cheap.

http://greatist.com/fitness/50-bodyweight-exercises-you-can-do-anywhere

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I have always been rejected in High School, and I still get daily female rejection, even ONLINE!!! lol.

D

Deleted21961

It's always about you! Because rejection exists only in the head of the one feeling "rejected".
Because what's the opposite? Let's say you are trying to date girls online and no girl responds to you, ever. Are you rejected? Why? You can only feel rejected when you anticipated otherwise first. But wouldn't that mean you tried to just enforce some of your will onto reality?
If it was you who was approached by on hundred of girls, each of them you don't find attractive, would you call it "rejection" in your mind, or simply you would put it exactly as "you are just not in my type, nothing more".
There is this strange thing going on in human mind. First, we attach very strong negative response to some word, like rejection. Second, we use the word on ourselves, and third, we feel the response we have attached. The event that caused it is irrelevant, because it is not inherent to it, it's all in the words we use to tell ourselves stories.
What meaning we have attached to particular words, it's our fault and responsibility, so it's always about us, not them.

sija1

Turning Coffee Into Code
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jun 20, 2015
Quebec, Canada
I have always been rejected in High School, and I still get daily female rejection, even ONLINE!!!

Let me start with a great quote from Third Circle Theory: "When you reach the Visionary stage in the Third Circle, you are keenly aware of your surroundings and are very analytical of the information presented to you. You see what you are not shown or told, rather than what is presented. A great example of this is looking into a cell phone’s screen; many of you see the image itself and while other people see their own reflection. It is not because you have better eyesight, but rather because you seek alternative answers all around you, and, therefore, can see farther than most."

What I want to say: You can take it as a rejection OR you can see it as the universe telling you that it is not meant to be NOW and to DO something!

Take the situation you're in, but can't change for the moment for X reason, then improvise, adapt, overcome. They say entrepreneurship is a lonely journey. So take that rejection, see it as a free time, ask for advice, contribute here, learn, create, build, do, fail, shed blood, sweat and tears, work on yourself, work on a business, get smarter, get stronger, get above, overcome the insecurities, overcome the rejections, get rich, find a love of your life and marry the shit out of her!

Last edited:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
691%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Digamma killed it.

Put your ego aside OP and thank that man for probably the best advice you have gotten so far in life. Some people live their whole life without ever getting such excellent advice.

sija1

Turning Coffee Into Code
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jun 20, 2015
Quebec, Canada
And I'm not sure why your all quoting me, because I'm not the op.

You so popular :cool:

Yeah I actually work very hard when I work, but not all work leads to success, and working based on ego and to prove a point is unhealthy.

All work leads to success eventually (6 months - 1 year - 2 years - 5 years - 10 years -15 years even 20 yars)

Depends on free time you have to dedicate, your knowledge, your beliefs, your commitment and what are you trying to accomplish.

All the information is out there.

sija1

Turning Coffee Into Code
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jun 20, 2015
Quebec, Canada
Yeah but somewhere in the world is a poor kid in some country working hard for success and getting rewarded with poverty.

This topic of success is getting me emotional.

I still didn't mention it on this forum, but my first "business venture" was when I was like 10-12 years old. Me and my friends at the time would go out next to this beautiful river. We even had a small plastic register with some cash in it. We brought some of our toys, made a stand with some boxes to display our toys, and picked the most delicious apples (had a whole box of em). We stayed there for like 12 hours, making shifts to go home to eat and we did that for 3 days straight. We didn't earn much and we had no experience and it was all just for fun. I did some illegal stuff when I was 16. I was selling gold and books when I was 17. Tried an MLM when I was 23. Am I rich? No. Do I say hard work didn't bring me success? Yes. But I also say I could have worked harder and smarter. Harder meaning as everyday and smarter meaning picking carefully what I should do (MLM LOOOOOOOLLLL).

Am I saying it will not lead to success? No. When it will lead to success? I don't know, but I know it will.

Emotions and business, emotions and leadership, emotions and work don't go together because emotions are not rational, they are unstable and they make you take action in the wrong direction or decisions you regret later. The more you control your emotions, the more you control yourself. The more you control yourself, your chances are better at everything.

Last edited:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
691%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
You know,
Not trying to sob, but just stating the non-sexy truth for me and many people trying to 'make it'.

What have you actually done. Detail your track record of work.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Moved to [HASHTAG]#Landfill[/HASHTAG]

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
691%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Did you do the assignments as you went through the program?

You are told to do the One Problem, One Client, One Solution, One Product at the end of section three.

I don't see your focus here. What are you aims?

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I stated what I did for the simple reason there are times when people aren't interested in you. Some people's personality clashes with you, or they may have issues. There experience and perception is never about you. You remind them of some person they don't like. You might look like them, sound like them. Perhaps they don't agree with your point of view. Perhaps they don't agree with the way you dress, your job, how much money you make. The average person has a list of what they seek in a friend or lover. A different definition of who they want to hang out. Even Mindset. So, does that make you wrong for not fitting their idea of what a perfect friend, employee, or person you are? No. It means there isn't anything they can find to make a connection and establish a relationship. For example: If you have it in your mind you're only going to date blondes that have long hair, weight 100 pounds, are entrepreneurs, make a million dollars a year, and hang out in the gym and country clubs, when you see a blonde who has short hair, is an artist, and musician and reads books, isn't going to fit your description.

As a introvert myself I've learned I have to put myself out there. Ask questions, start talking to people first, call them. When I look over my life, it was rarely other people who called me, I had to to call them. I had to show interest over a period of time, or the friendship would just fade away, or any other opportunity. Most of the time when I'm on any forum or social media do I ever have people contacting me all the time. I've noticed most of the time I have to start a conversation with other people, because they may be busy with life, projects, or children.

How does someone know you're interested in getting to know them. They can't read your mind. You can be focused on someone for five years and never get the courage to say something to them. I've never done this, but some introverts do this. They will listen and observe, take notes, but never take action.
And I stated introvert, because they told me they were introvert. I wasn't talking about myself. lol

And I'm not sure why your all quoting me, because I'm not the op.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I feel like I am reaching a breaking point.

There are these guys with the same abilities and circumstances that I have, making six figures like clockwork.

Why can't I get a taste of that?

I'm no different or inferior to them.

I know they don't have a magic gift.
If they are no different then you have to chalk it up to them being lucky.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
I think the foundation style of finding a need, getting lots of money in advance to build the product is a dream.

1. You should be the domain expert in what pain you want solved.

2. Taking money to build the software is risky as hell and a huge liability, also extremely difficult.

Better that you look for pain in your industry and tour domain. E.g. You work as a mechanic, so build a mechanic SaaS

You don't even need money for this asking as you can find a technical co founder.

• Banned

Fendaril

Contributor
Sep 7, 2015
Heh,

He is a good guy,

But I honestly don't want the burden of having millions and people loving me. I'd be happier and less stressed with just steady $5k a month income.

But its motivating and got me going lol.

Last edited:
  • Banned

Fendaril

Contributor
Sep 7, 2015
Did you do the assignments as you went through the program?

You are told to do the One Problem, One Client, One Solution, One Product at the end of section three.

I don't see your focus here. What are you aims?

I just saw the free version,

so i didnt see all of that.

• Banned

Fendaril

Contributor
Sep 7, 2015
So you watched a YouTube promo of the Foundation or you watched the Foundation?

It is a pretty large section, would be hard to miss.

If you haven't seen the full version then you have missed a lot of helpful material. To finish the Foundation without already taking action (in the forum/service of a product for one business) is to have missed the point. It is designed as a take-action-as-you-watch style course.

I would try get the full version and re-watch while taking detailed notes and completing the assignments as they come up.

I opted in at the main site on the banner thingy on the right.

Went into the whole strategy.

I have to apply, and get pitched and selected to join the actual program.

They are picky.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%