The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The first months of your new business. How was it for you??

dompie85

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 16, 2015
Houston, Texas
Hey guys, I am curious to know some of your struggles (financial and psychological) of your first few months of your new business. How was it for you? Were people putting you down or helping you succeed? Where were your peek highs and doubts? Were you doubting your progress? Better yet, take it to before you even decided to officially proceed with your idea. I am curious to see what struggles you guys went through before you finally were like "Yes! I finally made it to where I first envisioned my business!" but naturally, lets keep climbing.
And to add to that, how much did you have to modify and adapt in order for your business to thrive?
Last but not least, Looking back, what would you have changed sooner if you had know "this" was holding you back?

I am really looking forward to hearing some of your hard times... (its kinda lonely in the struggle :/)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

teabag

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jun 21, 2013
Australia
Hey guys, I am curious to know some of your struggles (financial and psychological) of your first few months of your new business. How was it for you? Were people putting you down or helping you succeed? Where were your peek highs and doubts? Were you doubting your progress? Better yet, take it to before you even decided to officially proceed with your idea. I am curious to see what struggles you guys went through before you finally were like "Yes! I finally made it to where I first envisioned my business!" but naturally, lets keep climbing.
And to add to that, how much did you have to modify and adapt in order for your business to thrive?
Last but not least, Looking back, what would you have changed sooner if you had know "this" was holding you back?

I am really looking forward to hearing some of your hard times... (its kinda lonely in the struggle :/)

The first two weeks of no clients/sales... killed me inside. Finally managed to secure a couple of clients and made some money.

The next week I re-read TMF and couldn't believe the business I started did not follow any fast lane principles. I created a job for myself rather than a system to solve peoples needs and wants.

I scrapped the entire business and now at the drawing board again.

JoeB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jul 17, 2014
UK
The next week I re-read TMF and couldn't believe the business I started did not follow any fast lane principles. I created a job for myself rather than a system to solve peoples needs and wants.

I scrapped the entire business and now at the drawing board again.

So what are you doing now?

Just because something isn't 'fastlane' doesn't mean don't do it.

I created a business that wasn't fastlane but it took me from working 8am - 7pm, 6 days a week for someone I despised, to working for myself a few hours a day Mon-Thu while paying me much more money.

It's a much better position to be in and a step closer to the fastlane than where I was as I learnt lts of things in the process and have more time to work on something more fastlane.

teabag

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jun 21, 2013
Australia
So what are you doing now?

Just because something isn't 'fastlane' doesn't mean don't do it.

I created a business that wasn't fastlane but it took me from working 8am - 7pm, 6 days a week for someone I despised, to working for myself a few hours a day Mon-Thu while paying me much more money.

It's a much better position to be in and a step closer to the fastlane than where I was as I learnt lts of things in the process and have more time to work on something more fastlane.

I'm working 2 jobs at the moment. Mon-Fri I do freelance graphic design work and fr-sun nights I do security.

I started my venture whilst still working, I did it in my evenings. I was trading hours for $, which is the same as the two jobs I have now.

zerobrainwash

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Feb 20, 2015
Baltics
Mon-Fri I do freelance graphic design work and fr-sun nights I do security.

I am in same shoes in terms of freelance gig and totally relate why you are bitter about the part of "creating a job for yourself". It's probably a good pathway to entrepreneurship but definitely not the destination.

Last edited:

Sharko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
424%
Apr 17, 2015
Depends, but in my experience, people will usually support you if they believe in what you are doing. My repair business is pretty decent, Im filling a need, is it fastlane? No. But if I franchise it will be. The first few months sucked. Lots of doubt, no cash, no clients, crippling debt, it was a lot like college. Except I learned way more than any university could ever teach me. The struggle is essential for breakthrough. Ive made it through 3 years of this crap and Im working on making it less of a job and more of a passive. But I too have resorted to freelance crap to get me by. In the form of driving for Uber. But again, I feel this is all necessary to regrow my passion. Passion is hard to maintain, it has to be nurtured, but once you have it, the sky is the limit. There will always be bad times in startup mode, but remember, it will all be worth it. You can succeed beyond your wildest dreams, or you can fail. As long as you LEARN from your failure however, it isn't failure.

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
Very good question, I worked for free 11 months until I got my first, Customer, and my first, so called business didn't take me anywhere.I kept trying new things, going from phone sales out of my 1-room apartment, to door-to-door, then to helping local small business owners that led me to sleeping in an alley for eight months of my life, that led me to managing an apartment, and now, to working on solving what appears to be an very serious problem that millions of people are part of.Will I thrive, I believe so.YOU don't quit, one thing doesn't work analyze the information,see where you stand ,change your choices, find what works. Fastlane isn't about one choice,but about many.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.