The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The 2015 Fastlane Meetup Pre-Plan Discussion (formerly B&P)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
CLARIFICATION:

Anyone on the forum is invited to submit a 45-minute presentation for review.

You don't have to have been a member for years, you only have to have a topic that can help out fellow entrepreneurs. Usually this comes from experience in your given field which can typically crossover in to other fields (ie: paid traffic, bootstrapping, etc, etc).

If your presentation is selected, you will receive your ticket for admission for 50% off.

Next steps for you: start putting together your presentation. In years past, they've typically been done in PowerPoint but that's not mandatory (but visuals always help & people take notes). We will be announcing a deadline by which we'll need to receive all submissions. Once we've got everything, we'll announce the winners/speakers within the following weeks. Once our speakers are lined up, we'll be announcing ticket sales.

Again, anyone can submit a presentation. If you have helpful experience, please consider sharing it with the group for the event.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Steve Daar

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Jun 2, 2014
Chicago, Illinois
I would like to be considered to speak.

Just finished writing a book titled:
"Profit Hacking: Maximizing The Three Leverage Points That Can Massively Grow Your Business"

The things the talk would dive into and share with the audience include:

- The only three leverage points you can work within to massively grow a business’s profits

- The ‘path less traveled’ that leads to an abundance of traffic coming to your site/business

- What separates the most profitable business in an industry/marketplace from #2, #3, and the rest (as well as how to take the #1 spot and never give it back)

Let me know!

- Steve

theTAXpert

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Nov 8, 2013
New Jersey
I would love to attend, but that's the busiest time for my tax business.
Have you considered taping some of the presentations to share with some of the people who are unable to attend? just a thought

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
but that's not mandatory

Yes, a simple outline will suffice. You don't need to invest a lot of time into the entire thing, word for word, detail by detail. Danielle is there an email address for that?

unaided

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Mar 5, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Would love to attend and will look forward when ticket pre-sales are launched. I live about 15 minute drive from Talking Stick, so a no-brainer to join.

jockinbox

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 8, 2014
Miami, FL
CLARIFICATION:

Anyone on the forum is invited to submit a 45-minute presentation for review.

You don't have to have been a member for years, you only have to have a topic that can help out fellow entrepreneurs. Usually this comes from experience in your given field which can typically crossover in to other fields (ie: paid traffic, bootstrapping, etc, etc).

If your presentation is selected, you will receive your ticket for admission for 50% off.

Next steps for you: start putting together your presentation. In years past, they've typically been done in PowerPoint but that's not mandatory (but visuals always help & people take notes). We will be announcing a deadline by which we'll need to receive all submissions. Once we've got everything, we'll announce the winners/speakers within the following weeks. Once our speakers are lined up, we'll be announcing ticket sales.

Again, anyone can submit a presentation. If you have helpful experience, please consider sharing it with the group for the event.

Where do we submit the presentations to?

Cheers,

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Is it really only open to 50 people?

If there is demand, we might be able to swing 100. However after seeing these events go off for the last 7 years, you typically have 1,000 people say "I'm IN!" or "I'm there!" and when it comes down to buying tickets, airfare, hotels, etc, only 50 people go. Saying "I'm in!" is an event. Buying the ticket, preparing, etc, -- that's the process. ;)

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
Is it really only open to 50 people?

We're going to play this by ear. With this venue, there are a lot of things that have to be planned for up front & fire codes will be strictly enforced there. If we have an overwhelming response (like if we do pre-sales, which is in the talks) then we'll obviously open it up further. We want to be able to accommodate everyone who wants to come, but we also have to make sure things are planned accordingly.

WebsiteMarketer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Mar 19, 2013
I've never been more than a lurker here so far but I just got the email about this from MJ and it sounds like an interesting opportunity.

I'm qualified to speak on SEO.

Potential presentation title:
How to Use SEO to Grow and Strengthen Any Business

SEO is one of those topics that people on the outside think is super complex and difficult and people on the inside exploit to sell an endless stream eBooks, conferences, trainings and services but in reality there are a few very simple, basic concepts that anyone can learn and implement that can relatively quickly put your website on the map even if starting from scratch.

I've got plenty of hard proof from various websites I've grown traffic for to validate that I know what I'm talking about as well.

Anyway, given that websites are great entry businesses for any entrepreneur as well as crucial marketing components for almost every established business I feel like this topic would be widely applicable and useful for many people attending.

Let me know if something like this is interesting to you guys. If so, I'd be happy to put together a presentation outline for submission.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
Not to tell anyone how to do this or what to do...

But, can we arrange the days into topics?

Some strong similar topics are already being talked about, and it would be best to keep similar topics in the same day and not spread out with if possible for better learning/comprehension/notes.

Travis Phipps

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Apr 17, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Respectfully submitting proposal to speak. I am qualified to speak on several topics.

1. PPC (pay per click) Domination - From Novice to Expert in Less than 45 minutes.
I recently gave this speech at the eCommerceFuel Live event in Austin, TX. It was well received. I've noticed several other Paid Traffic folks throwing their hat in the ring. I would be happy to tailor this talk around what other people will be focusing on. I would just like some time to coordinate with anyone else that plans on speaking about Paid Traffic.

2. Building (and Selling) a Successful eCommerce Business.
I have never given this speech, but it could be useful for this crowd. I sold my eCommerce company that was generating $750k in annual revenue in 28 days from the day I made the decision to sell (contracts signed and check in bank). While reading "The Fastlane", I quickly realized that business was not best suited for the Fastlane. Scalability, mobility, recurring revenue, etc...it lacked all of those. I decided quickly to sell, and sell it I did.

3. Making the jump from "working for the man" to "self employment".
I have not given this speech either, but I have some experience that could be helpful. I worked in the corporate world for 12+ years before going out on my own. I'm certain this story is not unique, but it may encourage some others that are "stuck" to do their own thing.

Qualifications:
  • 17+ plus years in Internet, Technology, and Digital Marketing & Advertising
  • I own a Paid Search Consultancy that manages hundreds of thousands of dollars in monthly ad spend, generating millions of dollars in revenue for my clients.
  • I gained my experience spending my own money on my own business. Bottom line: I have been where you are.
  • Experience working with clients in a wide variety of industries: eComm, SaaS, Service Industry, Health Care Industry, Finance Industry, Lead Gen, Software Sales, Celebrities, Authors, Musicians, etc.
  • Use a wide variety of paid traffic to get results: AdWords, Bing Ads, YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
  • I will submit professional slides, outlines, and worksheets that will be presented.
  • As a shout out to @MJ DeMarco , based almost completely on "The Fastlane", I've been building a community for advertisers and agencies to come together. That community is in its infancy, but I my plan is to have that business account for more than half my revenue in 2015. The consulting business doesn't scale that well either...However, communities do.

I know I haven't been very active in the forum. I have been working day and night on building something worthwhile, and would love to be more helpful in the future. I sold my business while in the middle of the "FastLane" and have been building both businesses based on the lessons learned in the book.

Regardless of acceptance to speak, I will definitely be at the meetup! Count me in.

Words can't express how thankful I am to MJ DeMarco for writing the book. It has been life changing. I know that sounds trite, but it is a fact.

Thanks,

Travis

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
I'd like to present this topic for the Fastlane Meetup as well.
Its covering tips and tricks I learned from high volume spend and competitive vertical Facebook ads & strategy.
Background:
18+ years in the digital space with 14 of those in digital marketing.
Dominated SEO, PPC, Social and now consulting for universities on their PPC lead gen efforts and managing their PPC budgets of $3MM + each ( Adwords + Facebook ).
Did over $1MM Net Profit from Facebook ads in just 5 months from a personal investment of $1300.
Contributed to over $1B in revenue for the affiliate marketing industry as well with my landing pages and marketing strategy.
Heavy experience in eCommerce from helping build, and manage, 4 different eCommerce business and managing their online marketing ( SEO, PPC, CSEs, Amazon, Social, email ).

Yessss! This guy is practically a legend in paid traffic / affiliate marketing circles.

You do NOT want to miss his presentation!!

jockinbox

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 8, 2014
Miami, FL
If you are on the fence about going, read below

So you're on the fence about Meetup 2015?
Well let me ask you this:

• Want to make more money every year for the rest of your life?
  • Want to learn INSIDERS secrets from the REAL heavy hitters?
  • Do you want to go back home and take your business profits to the moon?
I bet you do, shit who wouldn't?!

Here's the deal

Come chill with us at Meetup 2015 and you'll learn all of that...& more

Too expensive?

Its too expensive NOT to go.
Remember, one sentence can change your life

No time?
Your competition has time, how are you going to compete with them when we drop a nuclear bomb of knowledge?

But don't take it from me... Here are a FEW reviews of last years Meetup
I was one of the "changed forever" guys. I have my new Scottsdale sunglasses on. I like them.

I see opportunities that are so big I need those sunglasses. I didn't need them before. I had peaked.

I am working really hard...but it's super peaceful. I know whats possible, I know how to get there.

Long version
Going in to B&P I really didn't want to tell anyone what business I was working on, because I was not confident in it, and I thought everyone would think it was dumb. Walking out of B&P I realized that my business idea isn't dumb, and has a lot more potential that I thought it did.

Going in to B&P my attention was split between a few 'projects', and since I didn't have confidence in my idea I would get distracted by other ideas. Walking out of B&P I had focus on my one main project. I mentally destroyed ALL the ties to every other distraction and potential idea. Screw those things.

Going in to B&P I didn't have a support group. I had a friend or two who I would talk to about business (thanks @DennisDuty), but I didn't have a wave of encouragement behind me. Now I do. I have a mastermind group with my three other room mates, and we all spur each other to go faster and break through our mental barriers. I also have support from multiple guys from the forum, who I feel like I could message on facebook or call and they would help me out however they could.

Going in to B&P I didn't know how powerful a good funnel combined with media buying was. Now I do. I cant't wait to get better and better at building them and using them for everything.

And finally, going in to B&P I didn't have the drive to work like crazy. This was partially because my mind was split between ideas, and also because I didn't have confidence. Now, I am working like 12 hours+ every day and I don't even feel tired. I told @biophase right before I left that next year I will have some success to show the group. He said "if you don't I am going to kick you in the balls." Hahaha, so good. And if I fail, I will just get up again, because as @zen******* says "No one took away my birthday. I am still alive."

Great experience, thanks to everyone who I met there. You guys (and gals) are awesome.
There's really nothing that replaces the face-to-face interaction that meeting in person provides.

B&P remains my favorite weekend of the year.

I know I can call on any one of you guys for help, and you know you can count on me for support, too. I know I'm not on the forum much, but you guys know where to find me.

We're all friends on a mission. Love our tribe!
I enjoyed being able to peek behind the kimono of everyone’s business and hearing their stories in person. People of different ages, business experience, and life situations all working towards their goals. That’s pretty special and really opened my mind to what is possible.

I had the opportunity to personally thank some of the legendary contributors for all their posts that have helped me along.

To paraphrase @TopChef, one of my key take aways is to aim higher and move faster. I’ve started this by outsourcing a task I would normally do myself. This will enable me to first test the market for an invention I have before spending a lot more time refining the prototype.

Also, I’ve started eating paleo after learning about it from my roommate @Arrabista, and listening to @Likwid24, @MarkNNelson and @AllenCrawley discuss the benefits over lunch. My waistline has already reduced since starting this week.

@LightHouse - I noticed your editorial changes before the bolding, though I had to do a double take the first time :)
For one, I continued building my network. [I actually don’t like using that word in this situation as it seems too sterile.] Billy gave a great presentation about how his network saved him $700k. I’m more aware now than ever about the importance of a great network.

The people I met at B&P (this year and last) are more than a network. I consider them friends. As @Jill called it before… “My Tribe”. @Red and I had a meeting the other day and we talked about this. These are friends that get us. They understand what we strive for. They want to see us succeed. They are willing to help and if necessary call you on any BS.

At B&P this year…
I strengthened existing friendships.
I made new friendships.
I enlarged my tribe.

Also…
My path was strengthened.
My focus was enhanced.
Limiting beliefs were exposed (I didn’t even know I had some)

;)

Don't miss it

Like numbers? Try this
12-15 presentations X 45 minutes = 9-12 hours of presentations

Some of the presenters charge $200-1000 an hour for speaking

So the value of JUST the presentations is somewhere between $1,800 - $12,000

Last edited by a moderator:

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Awesome! The chances are that I would like to present. Even though I stink at speaking in front of crowds, I need to do it and get better at it. Plus, I've learned so much in the past year under the guidance of Lori and Dan Greiner and everyone else who has helped me over the past year, and I feel I need to pass this along.

Sorry I'm so late on this and I apologize if for not yet being able to read through this thread as well. I haven't been on the forum at all because I am swamped with paperwork from all the major retailers and have been a little overwhelmed lately. I hope that II can get back to being a contributor again on this forum soon.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The chances are that I would like to present. Even though I stink at speaking in front of crowds, I need to do it and get better at it. Plus, I've learned so much in the past year under the guidance of Lori and Dan Greiner and everyone else who has helped me over the past year, and I feel I need to pass this along.

I think everyone here can say you are a guaranteed *LOCK* for speaking. Thanks Sal.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
I think everyone here can say you are a guaranteed *LOCK* for speaking. Thanks Sal.

Lol. Thanks MJ!

I'm going to post a really good update as soon as a few more things fall into place. Some exciting stuff going on.

BTW - my eyes are bleeding from all the paperwork I've been doing the last couple of months! It will be well worth it though.

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
I will be there!

If anyone's coming from Brazil, message me and we can catch a plane together ;)

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

jockinbox

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 8, 2014
Miami, FL
I'm selling shoe shines, breath mints, and Tylenol that weekend if anyone is interested.

I plan on being awake the whole 36 hours so I'll be taking you up on the Tylenol. I don't wanna miss a thing

I ran waay long and the 3 musketeers had to drag me screaming from the podium.
Practice your presentation.
And, bring samples.

LOL!!!
Priceless

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee