The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tech Support Ninja On The Loose

George Appiah

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Aug 16, 2018
Accra, Ghana
I'm from Accra, Ghana. 38, going on to 39 in less than two months. Married and have a 3-year old boy, with one on the way.

I started my career in the telecom world as an RF Planning & Optimization engineer, but quickly caught the "entrepreneurial seizure" (as Michael Gerber would say) and jumped ship to start my own IT consulting company.

My dream at the time was to build a so-called "lifestyle business", and, unfortunately, that's exactly what I built. Shocker :wideyed:

In the past 2 years I've dabbled in everything IT: from running an outsourced helpdesk... to... infrastructure management... to... general consulting to certification tutilage... to... more recently, running (and selling) my own tiny web hosting + design business.

Now that my vagabonding life has ended... now that I have a family... my dream, or perhaps my "lifestyle" has changed.

I'm unable to be (and frankly, I don't enjoy being) the bull-dog engineer I once was anymore: a one-man gang on call 24x7, climbing towers, and willing to spend an entire day to a solve tricky problem to save a client $100!

I want to be able to use my varied tech skills, can-do problem-solving spirit, and passion for teaching to help exponentially more people... instead of doing in-person IT support for a handful of tiny businesses in my locality.

It was doing one of these "conversations" that one of my mentors recommended I read MJ's book, The Millionaire Fastlane (along with four other books he recommended)... and that's how I got here :)

Right now I'm still in the design phase of my "next life", and I'm hoping this forum will be the help-and-be-helped supporting community I can sail away with.

Thanks to MJ for the gift of wisdom you share in your books, and for providing and nurturing this community.

Thanks to all of you who have shared your nuggets of wisdom here, and to all the moderators who help to administer this big community.

And thanks to YOU... for reading my introduction!

Untitled.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome my friend, thanks for the intro and family photo!

George Appiah

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Aug 16, 2018
Accra, Ghana
It's really refreshing to see the man himself present and actively participating in the community.

Highly appreciated!

(By the way, MJ, the DOWNLOAD link in your signature is broken... it leads to a MailCheat(Chimp) 404 not found page. I've purchased the Kindle version of both books already, but curiosity made me click the link :) )

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm from Accra, Ghana. 38, going on to 39 in less than two months. Married and have a 3-year old boy, with one on the way.

I started my career in the telecom world as an RF Planning & Optimization engineer, but quickly caught the "entrepreneurial seizure" (as Michael Gerber would say) and jumped ship to start my own IT consulting company.

My dream at the time was to build a so-called "lifestyle business", and, unfortunately, that's exactly what I built. Shocker :wideyed:

In the past 2 years I've dabbled in everything IT: from running an outsourced helpdesk... to... infrastructure management... to... general consulting to certification tutilage... to... more recently, running (and selling) my own tiny web hosting + design business.

Now that my vagabonding life has ended... now that I have a family... my dream, or perhaps my "lifestyle" has changed.

I'm unable to be (and frankly, I don't enjoy being) the bull-dog engineer I once was anymore: a one-man gang on call 24x7, climbing towers, and willing to spend an entire day to a solve tricky problem to save a client $100!

I want to be able to use my varied tech skills, can-do problem-solving spirit, and passion for teaching to help exponentially more people... instead of doing in-person IT support for a handful of tiny businesses in my locality.

It was doing one of these "conversations" that one of my mentors recommended I read MJ's book, The Millionaire Fastlane (along with four other books he recommended)... and that's how I got here :)

Right now I'm still in the design phase of my "next life", and I'm hoping this forum will be the help-and-be-helped supporting community I can sail away with.

Thanks to MJ for the gift of wisdom you share in your books, and for providing and nurturing this community.

Thanks to all of you who have shared your nuggets of wisdom here, and to all the moderators who help to administer this big community.

And thanks to YOU... for reading my introduction!

View attachment 21972
Thank you George for your intro (I went looking for it). Love the family photo, and good luck with the new addition on its way.

I used to be an IT dude. You can hear a wee bit about it in the first radio interview in my signature.

It sounds like you already have all the customer facing skills needed, and all your welcomes to new members since you’ve joined say a lot. That’s why I went looking for your intro... to thank you for welcoming so many people when you are so new to the forum yourself. Good work.

I think the 300 surveys chat in my signature may interest and help you.

Rep+, and thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Love the family photo, they look amazing. Welcome to the forum, I was compelled to click on this after seeing so many of your responses here in such a short time.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...