The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Tears of joy

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I've been doing some work in my community lately, selfless work following the principle of giving value and expecting nothing in return.

I have city officials thanking me for my work, random strangers I've never met thanking me. I've been out in the rain all day today doing some filming for my social media pages and my work has been brightening other peoples days. It's crazy to think I'm all by myself making a small impact on my fellow people, I just finished balling my eyes out reading the thanks and tributes to me, I can't imagine what @MJ DeMarco feels like reading the thousands of thank you letters from strangers around the globe.

Thank you for writing these books and creating this community of entrepreneurs. You don't need to be a billionaire or millionaire to make a difference in your own community. Go out and volunteer, be kind to people, say thank you to the EMS worker if you see them idling on the street, tell the cashier thank you and have a great day, smile at a random stranger, give $20 to a stranger, give out food at a homeless shelter, something and anything. While I'm not religious, I do have some type of belief in the law of karma, I think if you do bad things for example they could bite you back in the future, and the same applies to good.

Personally I've always said to myself... ''When I am rich'' I'll help people, or donate money to X & Y. That's total nonsense, you can start today.

Have a great day.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

ZF Lee

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I've been doing some work in my community lately, selfless work following the principle of giving value and expecting nothing in return.

I have city officials thanking me for my work, random strangers I've never met thanking me. I've been out in the rain all day today doing some filming for my social media pages and my work has been brightening other peoples days. It's crazy to think I'm all by myself making a small impact on my fellow people, I just finished balling my eyes out reading the thanks and tributes to me, I can't imagine what @MJ DeMarco feels like reading the thousands of thank you letters from strangers around the globe.

Thank you for writing these books and creating this community of entrepreneurs. You don't need to be a billionaire or millionaire to make a difference in your own community. Go out and volunteer, be kind to people, say thank you to the EMS worker if you see them idling on the street, tell the cashier thank you and have a great day, smile at a random stranger, give $20 to a stranger, give out food at a homeless shelter, something and anything. While I'm not religious, I do have some type of belief in the law of karma, I think if you do bad things for example they could bite you back in the future, and the same applies to good.

Personally I've always said to myself... ''When I am rich'' I'll help people, or donate money to X & Y. That's total nonsense, you can start today.

Have a great day.
Thanks for the reminder and sharing!

Sometimes when I donate cash, I worry, 'Is this organisation gonna use my dollars well to help someone?'

Then I realise there's more I could have done.

I've had quite many family squabbles these few weeks, and I've come to realise that much of it would have been eased if I said nicer things a lot more-even to my loved ones.

More 'thank you's
More 'good job's
More 'you're great's

On charity works...
I've signed up to help my church's media team to do copywriting- but the COVID delayed the first intro classes. Hopefully my follow-ups can get them opened again.

Andy Black

Dad, husband, entrepreneur.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Have a great day.
Love this. Good for you @sparechange.

Reminds me of Mother Theresa’s quote in my signature.

OP
OP
sparechange

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

Andy Black

Dad, husband, entrepreneur.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
How do I sell to a different country with an accent? And a foreign number. Cold e-mails don't...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
Hey @Cruiser I just shot you a reply! Amazing product BTW!
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Well, we made it halfway through the year. Don't know what the rest'll bring, but it's gonna be...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Not really a teaser but it does employ a fictional story, so that is similiar. This upcoming...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom