The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Staying healthy... at 99 years old

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=assAa1bXhqU

This is crazy! I'm absolutely amazed at how good he looks at 99, AND he still has hair!

Years ago at my job I met a 92 year old that was still active with skiing, always thought old age is wheelchairs and limping around.. maybe not!

I'm on a 3 day workout plan atm, just doing bodyweight stuff and can hear my bones cracking which scares me a bit (no pain) and the thought of aging gives me the heebie jeebies.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Whats your age?

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
A lot of physical longevity has to do with movement and mobility (rather than exercise) and decent nutrition.

People in their early thirties can't even do a simple resting squat and maintain the position for 2 mins.

A simple resting squat, a basic position for the human body...

My grandmother is 90+, really lean and fit. She squats like nothing. In fact she avoids chair in her house like plagues. She sits down on the floor regularly.

The most common injuries of the Elderly in the western world is linked to falls and lack of mobility. It is nuts.

Mobility is extremely underrated. Gyms and bodyweight exercises are overrated.

With age, I have changed my philosophy for fitness:
1. I move a lot throughout the day
2. I priotize mobility and full range of motion
3. I do bodyweight exercises and avoid machines.

View: https://youtu.be/vH72ycz0NOo

fridge

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Jun 4, 2020
USA
The most common injuries of the Elderly in the western world is linked to falls and lack of mobility. It is nuts.
This is something I noticed even in middle aged adults. People who fall end up really messing themselves up, usually landing awkwardly or in really bad scenarios, trying to catch themselves falling with an arm and completely snapping their arm or collar bone. Martial arts (judo specifically) that teach break falls could potentially help everyone, especially in areas where tripping on ice is common.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQrk192dkRI&ab_channel=JudoLife

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wow, really inspiring.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

This is crazy! I'm absolutely amazed at how good he looks at 99, AND he still has hair!

Years ago at my job I met a 92 year old that was still active with skiing, always thought old age is wheelchairs and limping around.. maybe not!

I'm on a 3 day workout plan atm, just doing bodyweight stuff and can hear my bones cracking which scares me a bit (no pain) and the thought of aging gives me the heebie jeebies.
What?? He looks better than most 40 year olds. Very inspiring. I’ll do some exercises in the garden tomorrow.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Whats your age?

I'm 29, sometimes my joints will make all sorts of weird cracks and pops.. I.E if raising my arms straight in front of me and pulling my arms back in the pull up motion my shoulders will go crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrck,

Or if I'm laying on my back and doing an ab workout (lifting my legs straight up and coming back down) my hip makes a very loud popping sound and feels like it's coming out of the joint or something. Back when I was a kid kickboxing was a big part of my life, not sure if it's related to that but it's a possibility.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I'm 29, sometimes my joints will make all sorts of weird cracks and pops.. I.E if raising my arms straight in front of me and pulling my arms back in the pull up motion my shoulders will go crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrck,

Or if I'm laying on my back and doing an ab workout (lifting my legs straight up and coming back down) my hip makes a very loud popping sound and feels like it's coming out of the joint or something. Back when I was a kid kickboxing was a big part of my life, not sure if it's related to that but it's a possibility.
pops and cracks (soundwise) are quite normal. Not to all people the same. I have that, too. Sometimes when I stand up, it sounds like a bucket full of screws.
Dont let you stop (or even reduce ) because of any sound, as long as it doesn hurt.

Exercising any sport can push physical decline back many years or decades.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska

Aging is an interest journey. I'm turning 67 years old so I have a front row seat. Some of my friends can't and don't move. They have become lumps who do nothing. Others are healthy, active people -- engaged in their lives. I've noted that humans often die around the age of 50, then more at 60, and we lose a lot around 70 years old. I want to live as long as I am healthy and my life purpose & value.

A funny story -- when my sister-in-law was turning 60, she was really bummed. So, she ask me how I had felt when I had turned 60 a couple year before. I told her I felt fabulous about it. Startled, she asked why. I just laughed. And told her that the alternative would have been pretty radical and permanent. Turning 60 was sure better than dying. She had never thought about it that way...

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Aging is an interest journey. I'm turning 67 years old so I have a front row seat. Some of my friends can't and don't move. They have become lumps who do nothing. Others are healthy, active people -- engaged in their lives. I've noted that humans often die around the age of 50, then more at 60, and we lose a lot around 70 years old. I want to live as long as I am healthy and my life purpose & value.

A funny story -- when my sister-in-law was turning 60, she was really bummed. So, she ask me how I had felt when I had turned 60 a couple year before. I told her I felt fabulous about it. Startled, she asked why. I just laughed. And told her that the alternative would have been pretty radical and permanent. Turning 60 was sure better than dying. She had never thought about it that way...

That's an interesting way of looking at it, celebrating another year of life!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.