The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

O/T: HEALTH Staying healthy... at 99 years old

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=assAa1bXhqU

This is crazy! I'm absolutely amazed at how good he looks at 99, AND he still has hair!

Years ago at my job I met a 92 year old that was still active with skiing, always thought old age is wheelchairs and limping around.. maybe not!

I'm on a 3 day workout plan atm, just doing bodyweight stuff and can hear my bones cracking which scares me a bit (no pain) and the thought of aging gives me the heebie jeebies.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:

Ing

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Whats your age?

S.Y.

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
A lot of physical longevity has to do with movement and mobility (rather than exercise) and decent nutrition.

People in their early thirties can't even do a simple resting squat and maintain the position for 2 mins.

A simple resting squat, a basic position for the human body...

My grandmother is 90+, really lean and fit. She squats like nothing. In fact she avoids chair in her house like plagues. She sits down on the floor regularly.

The most common injuries of the Elderly in the western world is linked to falls and lack of mobility. It is nuts.

Mobility is extremely underrated. Gyms and bodyweight exercises are overrated.

With age, I have changed my philosophy for fitness:
1. I move a lot throughout the day
2. I priotize mobility and full range of motion
3. I do bodyweight exercises and avoid machines.

View: https://youtu.be/vH72ycz0NOo

fridge

Contributor
Jun 4, 2020
USA
The most common injuries of the Elderly in the western world is linked to falls and lack of mobility. It is nuts.
This is something I noticed even in middle aged adults. People who fall end up really messing themselves up, usually landing awkwardly or in really bad scenarios, trying to catch themselves falling with an arm and completely snapping their arm or collar bone. Martial arts (judo specifically) that teach break falls could potentially help everyone, especially in areas where tripping on ice is common.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQrk192dkRI&ab_channel=JudoLife

Andy Black

Dad, Husband, Inbound Marketeer
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland

This is crazy! I'm absolutely amazed at how good he looks at 99, AND he still has hair!

Years ago at my job I met a 92 year old that was still active with skiing, always thought old age is wheelchairs and limping around.. maybe not!

I'm on a 3 day workout plan atm, just doing bodyweight stuff and can hear my bones cracking which scares me a bit (no pain) and the thought of aging gives me the heebie jeebies.
What?? He looks better than most 40 year olds. Very inspiring. I’ll do some exercises in the garden tomorrow.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Whats your age?

I'm 29, sometimes my joints will make all sorts of weird cracks and pops.. I.E if raising my arms straight in front of me and pulling my arms back in the pull up motion my shoulders will go crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrck,

Or if I'm laying on my back and doing an ab workout (lifting my legs straight up and coming back down) my hip makes a very loud popping sound and feels like it's coming out of the joint or something. Back when I was a kid kickboxing was a big part of my life, not sure if it's related to that but it's a possibility.

Ing

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I'm 29, sometimes my joints will make all sorts of weird cracks and pops.. I.E if raising my arms straight in front of me and pulling my arms back in the pull up motion my shoulders will go crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrck,

Or if I'm laying on my back and doing an ab workout (lifting my legs straight up and coming back down) my hip makes a very loud popping sound and feels like it's coming out of the joint or something. Back when I was a kid kickboxing was a big part of my life, not sure if it's related to that but it's a possibility.
pops and cracks (soundwise) are quite normal. Not to all people the same. I have that, too. Sometimes when I stand up, it sounds like a bucket full of screws.
Dont let you stop (or even reduce ) because of any sound, as long as it doesn hurt.

Exercising any sport can push physical decline back many years or decades.

WJK

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Oct 9, 2017
Nikiski, Alaska

Aging is an interest journey. I'm turning 67 years old so I have a front row seat. Some of my friends can't and don't move. They have become lumps who do nothing. Others are healthy, active people -- engaged in their lives. I've noted that humans often die around the age of 50, then more at 60, and we lose a lot around 70 years old. I want to live as long as I am healthy and my life purpose & value.

A funny story -- when my sister-in-law was turning 60, she was really bummed. So, she ask me how I had felt when I had turned 60 a couple year before. I told her I felt fabulous about it. Startled, she asked why. I just laughed. And told her that the alternative would have been pretty radical and permanent. Turning 60 was sure better than dying. She had never thought about it that way...

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Aging is an interest journey. I'm turning 67 years old so I have a front row seat. Some of my friends can't and don't move. They have become lumps who do nothing. Others are healthy, active people -- engaged in their lives. I've noted that humans often die around the age of 50, then more at 60, and we lose a lot around 70 years old. I want to live as long as I am healthy and my life purpose & value.

A funny story -- when my sister-in-law was turning 60, she was really bummed. So, she ask me how I had felt when I had turned 60 a couple year before. I told her I felt fabulous about it. Startled, she asked why. I just laughed. And told her that the alternative would have been pretty radical and permanent. Turning 60 was sure better than dying. She had never thought about it that way...

That's an interesting way of looking at it, celebrating another year of life!

WJK

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Oct 9, 2017
Nikiski, Alaska
That's an interesting way of looking at it, celebrating another year of life!
It works IF you know that you have used your time well!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
How much it will cost if I go for a new setup. I was looking for such ideas and I want to take...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Finally! I just launched a short story on Kindle (FREE if you have Kindle Unlimited)! After...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
I planned to make a separate post for this video but it is useful here as well for anyone...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Last promo of the year.. Get the training you need now or miss it. Promo Code: FINALHOUR...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
UPDATED POST: Hey Guys! I wanted to give a quick update on what this program has become. In...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom