The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Startup #3: Feedbackz + Amazio Labs (Amazon FBA Seller Blog)

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
Question regarding the feedbackz software. If i've got over 30,000 listings on Amazon is there a quick way of setting up feedback emails or product review emails in bulk?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
@Paul David in that case; I'd probably just use a universal campaign and universal template. Which comes by default..

I think here soon I'll need to input a "exclude by ASINs" option in the email campaigns..

evlttwin

It's A Long Way To The Top....
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Feb 13, 2013
Southern California
@James Amazio

Hey man. Just a thought. I'm only to the 2nd blog post where Amazon did you dirty, but I have an idea that may prevent that from happening again.

Register a domain with your brand, and sell from there as well as Amazon. In the About Us section and Contact Section they can clearly see that you own the brand and are selling from your website.

Unless you believe that they are stealing your product idea and profiting off of it. In which case I say....I wouldnt put it past em.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Man, I read your post and just ended up going through post after post.. Great stuff man.. I'm getting ready to fire my boss and head down the entrepreneur route via publishing on amazon. This is truly inspiring.

Thank you!

#1 bump this thread

#2 Funny how things come around. @James A Sorry I never saw this thread, I read less these days and I never got a notification that you tagged me in the second post.

Anyway fast forward to today and I got an automated email from amazon that was from another member here. (he can name himself just in case he wants to be anon) I messaged him on facebook saying the email looked incredible and asking what it was.... he sent me here. The emails look great. I have not signed up yet, but I may be here soon.

I don't know if you were originally looking for feedback on the app or the UI on the landing page or what. But let me know if you are still looking for it.

No probs.. thanks for the chat today. Helped spurn some ideas for sure..

Last edited by a moderator:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Just launched out Feedbackz 2.0.. going to write an in-depth post and video on it.

In addition; I also launched a Live Public Inter-active Demo of Feedbackz so people can feel/use/play with it without having to create an account and hook it up to their Amazon.

Oh... and also after some hard hours; pumped out this article. I think it's a must read if you are trying to rank your Amazon product:
Amazon’s 35 Ranking Factors: A Complete Breakdown List

Excellent article

Reposted to http://www.facebook.com/mybusinesslive

Last edited:

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Just launched out Feedbackz 2.0.. going to write an in-depth post and video on it.

In addition; I also launched a Live Public Inter-active Demo of Feedbackz so people can feel/use/play with it without having to create an account and hook it up to their Amazon.

Oh... and also after some hard hours; pumped out this article. I think it's a must read if you are trying to rank your Amazon product:
Amazon’s 35 Ranking Factors: A Complete Breakdown List
GREAT Article. Thank you!

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hi James,

I'm in the process of switching over to your service from FB5!

Can I ask technical questions here, or should I PM you?

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
You keep making it awesome, and I will keep talking about it to everyone and anyone!

Can we get a preview of some of the changes?

I am still using Feedback Genius, only due to the pain in the a$$ of migrating everything.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks so much James! The forums were a hit - sold nearly 80 units in a promo sequence and I am following up with them using your Feedbackz. I was working on my sequence and I got this error:
We have problems with your Amazon Account: Connection reset by peer - SSL_connect

Wondering if you could clarify what that means and if it could possibly interfere with the emails I have set up?

That is awesome!! =)

Can you shoot me a PM with the email address associated with the account? I'll take a look; possibly a permissions issue with the app connecting to your Amazon account. Likely in the MWS tokens that they give to put into the app.

TTG SS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Sep 3, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
I have a product launching in less than two weeks.

Your software looks pretty cool! I have been hunting around for feedback software. Yours looks very nice, and I think it is cool that you are here on the forum helping people. Needless to say, I will be signing up with your software in the next week or two.

Live demo is awesome BTW.

phicks

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Feb 11, 2015
James, this is gold man.

Absolutely love your blog and mindset when it comes to selling on Amazon.

When (or if) I ever start up an FBA biz your blog/software will be the first place I go.

Keep up the awesome work!

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Emails set to start today. :rockon:

Looking forward to see what kind of difference it makes. Thanks for making this easy, @James A

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
When I have time, I will move over to James' system and support the brotherhood.

That'd be awesome! I sent PM.. (scratch that; I tried sending PM lol).. just ping me when you eventually do join into the dark-side!

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Sorry guys for the super, super late reply.

Hi James. I goggled something Amazon related and it took me to your blog. You're SEO is working!

Hows business?

Hey @Jambla - Awesome! =) I am just now getting my head above water in things, been really mia online in general.. but business is good. I'll update things here shortly!

Would love to ask you some questions regarding one of your blog posts. Are you still active? No more replies here or on blog.

Hey @NickC - I am now.

Was it difficult becoming an Amazon tech partner? Or was it a fairly straightforward process?

@Mac - by "Amazon tech partner", you mean setting up and getting approved as a developer for Amazon credentials? Not at all; you just have to meet certain criteria and follow rules. Not hard to get in and get going with full credentials..

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
Hey James!

Thanks for the update. I've been using Feedbackz since January and I am so glad I did! Doubled my reviews in the past 3 months!

Looking forward to the further development of the program!

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Nice Update James.

Amazon Canada included in this consolidation?

Thanks man! Just the framework for adding on the multiple accounts, but.... now it's super easy for us to add on more country marketplaces, so it's just a matter of me getting the app approved with Amazon MWS for the other countries.

raddevon

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jul 20, 2017
Seattle, WA USA
I am missing out not providing what most SaaS do by "Live Demo". Where they make you sign up, and then they present to you via live webinar. They put you into a sales email funnel, but it may be so much more helpful to potential users in getting questions answered live instead of just exploring around themselves.
I don't think it's unreasonable that you'd want to be able to talk to people who are interested in your software hence capturing their email addresses doesn't seem like duping them from my perspective. Unless you're planning to use the email to really hit them with a hard sell after the fact, it seems perfectly reasonable.

I'd split the difference. I'm personally always hesitant to do a live demo. I'd much rather explore the software on my terms first and come back with my questions after I've played with it.

What if you had people sign up with their email address to use the the demo version? Then, you could come back in a few days and ask if they had any questions or problems. Even if you can't get a sale, you might get some valuable feedback.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I don't think it's unreasonable that you'd want to be able to talk to people who are interested in your software hence capturing their email addresses doesn't seem like duping them from my perspective. Unless you're planning to use the email to really hit them with a hard sell after the fact, it seems perfectly reasonable.

I'd split the difference. I'm personally always hesitant to do a live demo. I'd much rather explore the software on my terms first and come back with my questions after I've played with it.

What if you had people sign up with their email address to use the the demo version? Then, you could come back in a few days and ask if they had any questions or problems. Even if you can't get a sale, you might get some valuable feedback.

Man, Thanks so much for your advice! It's spot on & will be taking what you said and seeing what I can implement in the near future..

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Awesome stuff James! I'll be sure to check out feedbackz. I'll spread the word to some people I know that are HEAVY FBA sellers.

Thanks man!
Whoa. Ok, I know little about Amazon FBA, so I can't really judge about what your project does, but HOLY SHIT your dev work looks impressive.
Think about all those startups who ask for huge loads of VC cash to come up with an MVP that does nothing, you can really see the difference between people with a get-shit-done mindset and people who really really want a C*O title on their door.

I like this stuff.

Thank you very much... man it took some crazy hours and focus but finally pushed thru it. The hardest part is actually in the details of user interaction and experience, literally have to think of every freaking thing. Not only that but adding extra effort.. I think it'll show for anyone really into it the app.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I like it. It looks sharp.

I have a new client I am just going to launch Amazon FBA with next week. I will consider giving your FeedbackZ a workout with them after I hear from some other posters here that your platform kicks a$$.

We are pretty happy with Feedback Genius right now for our mothership, but since you have more features I will watch this thread with interest and consider you down the road.

Wow! Awesome.. thank you!!

Question: do you run into the problem of getting way more buyers leaving seller feedback rather than product reviews? Does FeedbackGenius automatically send follow-up emails to them?

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Sleepless nights trying to launch this stuff... now the hard part begins! The hustle of marketing and getting out there.

Going to be pushing Feedbackz directly this weekend... and then I'll probably just focus on content curation for the rest of the time.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
I can say, "I'm impressed".

I'm the opposite of you though in your current situation. You sound 80% Amazon seller, 20% SaaS owner right now. Whereas I am 80% SaaS owner and 20% dabbling into Amazon as a seller.

I actually do a lot of little small stuff on the side, but seeing you doing both makes me want to focus more on Amazon. I've had a couple of ideas for YEARS and have helped other ecom's sell on eBay, Amazon, ShopBot, Sears and other places and I am kicking myself for not doing more on Amazon personally for myself.

I'm gonna bookmark this thread and your blog. I might reach out to you later about private label.

You going to the FLF meetup in March?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Wow! Awesome.. thank you!!

Question: do you run into the problem of getting way more buyers leaving seller feedback rather than product reviews? Does FeedbackGenius automatically send follow-up emails to them?

Double edged sword. Send them too many messages and they will hammer you.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I can say, "I'm impressed".

I'm the opposite of you though in your current situation. You sound 80% Amazon seller, 20% SaaS owner right now. Whereas I am 80% SaaS owner and 20% dabbling into Amazon as a seller.

I actually do a lot of little small stuff on the side, but seeing you doing both makes me want to focus more on Amazon. I've had a couple of ideas for YEARS and have helped other ecom's sell on eBay, Amazon, ShopBot, Sears and other places and I am kicking myself for not doing more on Amazon personally for myself.

I'm gonna bookmark this thread and your blog. I might reach out to you later about private label.

You going to the FLF meetup in March?

Thank you! I unfortunately won't be able to make it this year. In my opinion, you can make Amazon FBA so passive that you can literally dedicate 80% time towards something else. But yeah; you're about right, I'm 80Amazon/20SaaS for the time being; I'm hoping to move more towards 30/70 in a year's time.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.