The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Startup #3: Feedbackz + Amazio Labs (Amazon FBA Seller Blog)

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I am still using Feedback Genius, only due to the pain in the a$$ of migrating everything.

What is there to migrate? If you shut off FG and turn on another service, the new service will only run for that moment forward and the old will stop getting new orders to email to....

Yeah, that's Feedbackz's main "problem" is people don't want to move because much is invested into other apps. Which is something I thought long and hard about how to tackle... in the end; it all finally hit me who my users were and are. And to better define Feedbackz and what makes it different than the others. My users are different than theirs and FeedbackFive and any others..

Sorry to keep it sooo vague, but I plan on addressing this publicly in a blog post in the upcoming days!!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
What is there to migrate? If you shut off FG and turn on another service, the new service will only run for that moment forward and the old will stop getting new orders to email to.

Setting up new campaigns would involve some time, but at the same time it's good to re-do your campaigns that you know work well, and change up the ones that don't. Feedbackz has a good level of options where you can really target your emails in a specific sequence on specific orders and order types.

I don't know how your stuff is set up, but one thing that is clear... feedbackz templates for their emails look 10x better then all the other services without even modifying them. I get the standard wall of text FG emails from time to time and immediately delete them. They aren't designed for people to read efficiently.

I get a lot of positive comments on Feedback Genius. Actually, on my Genius as conveyed through feedback Genius. So I guess it's just me. Platform agnostic. When I have time, I will move over to James' system and support the brotherhood.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
@phicks @TTG SS - thanks guys!

Emails set to start today. :rockon:

Looking forward to see what kind of difference it makes. Thanks for making this easy, @James A

That's awesome.. try logging back into the app; got a surprise for ya. (shhh..... )

I am currently using this app, works great!

I just started selling on amazon last Friday

Edit: I was happy when sales doubled, and then I doubled that the next day.

Currently running a 3 email sequence, testing how many reviews actually come back

Whoa... that's a hell of a start from just Friday!! Congrats...

Last edited by a moderator:

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Long Due Update: So err... two parts without going too far into things. The re-brand is Part 1.. The technical aspects like features, new progress, etc. is Part 2..

- Part 1 Re-Brand Update
-

OUR BRAND NEW... BRAND
As mentioned before previously in this thread, I was working on some things to re-fresh... this is it. I spent a few months re-evaluating our brand, our position, OUR IDENTITY. There's a lot of other feedback software out there, and they are great... but I knew something about Feedbackz was different. I couldn't quite put a finger on it. Other fastlaners who use the software may have picked up on it too, but not sure if they knew exactly either.

After months (yes, months! crazy how really deep you have to reach for self realization even if it's obvious)... I could clearly articulate what I felt our difference was into words.

wait for it..... ...... HIGHER CONVERTING FEEDBACK REQUESTS!

That's the thoughtfully condensed short version. So... how does Feedbackz achieve "HIGHER CONVERTING"??

And that's the beauty.. because the 'act and mindset of getting towards Higher Converting' is, in itself, our difference!!! (geez I sounded like some rocket scientist)

Everything I've done from the beginning (building the MVP) was all towards this one goal without necessarily realizing. There's lots of moving parts and features and stuff that build towards that goal... but it's the ideals behind Feedbackz that make it different, and continually evolving towards it's own identity.

No one competitor can be like us, because they can't physically be us. They can imitate but unless they teleport into my body/brain; they can't become anything close. It will all be desperate attempts to copy without understanding the reasons... which equals mediocrity. So that's even better for me..

If they are smart; they will continue to do "themselves", they are great at that and have that down.., I even recommend certain interested users to my competitors because they are not a good fit for Feedbackz.

OUR USERS
With that said.... our brand trickles down to the type of users we have. Some are fastlaners and many are ones that directly connected with my thoughts and writings through the blog posts.

It's because we share a common goal and mindset... F*cking optimize shit!!

Beautiful designs is an absolute minimum to people like us, we are into everything optimization and believe all the little improvements we do adds up and pays off in folds long-term... and it does.

It directly hits our average units sold per day. Through better conversions on our listings brought by better copywriting, better, thoughtful product pictures, better CTRs to our listings, reviews, etc... and Feedbackz directly impacts the reviews portion of the equation.

So... our users who spend hours optimizing the different moving parts of ultimately increasing 'units sold per day' recognize and appreciate the ideals of Feedbackz because it allows you to be your "optimizing, marketing-savvy self" with sending feedback reviews the same way you do the other parts for your product listings.

RE-BRAND ALL THE WAY
So with all that figured out; I move like a locomotive with this new precise, clear vision.

The new brand needed to be shown.. better yet, felt... through it's designs, interaction, content, the angle at which we talk, etc...

So we accomplished:
  • Entire new user interface for the app
  • Website homepages all got re-designed
  • We adopted ZEUS (our mascot T-Rex who likes to "Hunt")
  • Changed "Email Campaigns" to be known as "Hunts"
  • A few other things I can't remember off top lol...
I spent a few months, making all of this pretty much from scratch to completely custom assets. Meanwhile, Feedbackz was at a stand-still on new features and updates because I was working on things that were abstract & didn't show on the outside.

It was a big gamble I took, but it's paid off... Both for me mentally, and towards interested users. They understand us right from the beginning... no more wasted time on deciding/trying to figure out if Feedbackz is for them out of the numerous other software.

Our users know instantly if Feedbackz stands out to them and directly aligns with what and how they are trying to accomplish things reviews wise on Amazon.

Last edited:

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Hi James! Awesome work...you nailed it. I do have a question about selling on Amazon if you don't mind (apologies if it's repeated...), probably a very newbie one (about to try it for the first time): How does the stock/ordering work when selling on Amazon? Say I buy 10 samples of something to try to sell, and it actually picks up: Will amazon say "currently unavailable" or "out of stock" after selling unit #10 to give me time to get a bigger shipment, or would I have to order before those 10 run out? I'm scared of having orders and no inventory o_o

Hey, thank you! If these 10 are your first "testers" to see if the product has viability then I would just let it run out of stock and then re-order your next shipment. I'd wait to see how fast all 10 would sell first before I re-ordered anything but if you sell them in a day or two, then that's a good sign.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
yo, I used to co-own amzshark.com and you were a badass competitor. I remember we were developing a directly competitive product but it never made it out of beta. Sending emails is stressful! Keep it up man! :)

Nice! and thanks, it is quite stressful lol. Yeah; I definitely remember you guys.. PM sent.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I am hearing grumbling about some glitchiness regarding Feedbackz lately. What's new, and can you give us an update on the platform? @James A

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Awesome stuff James! I'll be sure to check out feedbackz. I'll spread the word to some people I know that are HEAVY FBA sellers.

D

Deleted2BB3x9

James,

Just started reading your blog post, and i've already learned something.
Amazing content.

Could you elaborate on why Feedbackz would be a better solution than something like Feedback genius or if someone already had their own email funnel?

Do you plan to have any more tools?

I was actually thinking of doing something like this the other day...

I'd love to PM you sometime to exchange ideas.

P.S. Any tips on how to write great content?

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Hey guys,
I updated the original post but I am putting this offer on the table: @BusinessBen @Vigilante @eliquid @axiom @ljb7 @ddall

Update 2-21: To all Fastlaners: I am giving all members of Fastlane a free 4 month trial. This is for any plan..

• Save 4 Months of Fees - if you're using a competitor.. save that money by making an easy switch.
  • Full Cell Phone Support From Me: I am providing full phone support to get all things set up or transferred for you. This means I am giving you my cell phone #, so we can talk or text.
  • Exclusive Access To Future Tools In Beta: I am adding each and every one into a private list so when I get a chance to release these other tools I use.. you'll have first crack at it. Not only that; I will give you free lifetime plans for them as well.
Just let me know you signed up on this thread and I'll make sure your account is squared away.
Just signed up and set everything up. Looking forward to taking this for a spin ;)

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
Update 2-21: To all Fastlaners: I am giving all members of Fastlane a free 4 month trial. This is for any plan..

Sold. Let's give this a whirl.

I just started a feedback genius trial earlier this week... I'm going to cancel it.

Also, your website is SOLID. I think you've got something really good here.

Last edited:

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
I absolutely love your website. I'm not selling on Amazon, but if I were, I would definitely sign up for it.

I just got a follow-up e-mail the other day from a purchase I made, and I was thinking to myself that it was such a good way to encourage positive reviews.

A++++++! This is a great idea - you are going to rock this!

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
@JamesF , how long did it take you to grow to $50K/month. What would you suggest for someone to have in their reserves for start-up cash.

Roughly about 10 months.. the most growth happened in the last 6 when things finally started clicking for me on what to do..

Last edited by a moderator:

Winning

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Mar 8, 2014
@JamesF We've been talking on my thread and just noticed yours. Great job on the website. Looks much better than Feedback Genius tbh. I'm not really in the Amazon realm of things but if I was I would give your service a try. $50k/mo is impressive, keep it up

I might have to start a progress thread myself if I start the Instagram marketplace. I'm still swirling around with other ideas and I want to put this startup cash to the best idea.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
@AllenCrawley @amp0193 - awesome.. thanks!! Reach out anytime if you need Any ounce of help at all, will walk you through anything on phone, skype, etc.

Oh, and if you're using something else right now; be sure to turn it off and cancel off pending emails to send or you may send duplicate messages using both at the same time.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
@Winning - when you do, I'll be following! There's def a need in the market for it.. it's just getting users on board to use it which is always the toughest, slowest part.

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
I can see the work put in man...solid site.

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
subscribed!

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I'll just ask here. How do I actually transition from feedback genius?

Sure... so you're already in the 4 month trial, no worries about enrolling.

To turn off Feedback Genius; I think you would go to Messages > Then edit each Message you have setup and put them on pause.

I think what happens is that they import orders every day and then sets up messages. So by simply pausing them, and waiting maybe a 12-24 hour period and then turning on Feedbackz's email status to 'Active' would work.

Because by pausing Feedback Genius, you stop any new orders from getting an email set up to be sent. Then Feedbackz only schedules and sets up emails from the time you turn on your email campaigns. So nothing should overlap from the past if that makes sense.

JonnyC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
463%
Jan 23, 2014
Canada
@James Amazio ─ I'm launching my first product in the next few weeks, and looking for a good feedback service. What was the problem you were talking about in March, and is everything okay now?

Cheers!

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Some updates:
I took the last 6 weeks with some head down coding and re-gutted Feedbackz on how the main feature works and made it the best. It works off email campaigns and templates now so really flexible and powerful. I re-did the homepage as well so it's looking real slick..

I launched this yesterday and posted a new blog post (almost 100 shares!):
http://www.feedbackz.com/blog/amazo...nt-from-0-to-50000-dollars-month-in-8-months/

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.