The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting Tik Tok Account To Make Money

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

estheticparadis

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 7, 2021
Like the title says.

After reading more than some Tik Tok related posts of people talking about how easy it can be to create a Tik Tok account and of course make money from it. Mainly from Black Hat World Forum

This is not something full time but I will be dedicating some good time to it and plan to grow it to at least six figures in followers and then sell the account.

Before that I will use a landing page to promote affiliate offers relayed to my accounts content and make money that way.

Steps so far :

1. Setup account with a good, easy username to pronounce and remember.
2. Buy domain name with same name which was available, email plus hosting included from Name Cheap for only $18 AUD or something.
3. Setup simple website theme and layout with EasyWP from Name Cheap ( 2020 Theme and add contact information ) .
4. Utilise existing Instagram account with the same username as Tik Tok account and email Address and domain name to establish Instagram presence.
5. Find content.
6. Instagram is the treasure trove, find and download videos and start to post.
7. Think of other content sources.
8. Wait, this is currently where I'm at, I will post more content to the account tomorrow as I will research hashtags and growth strategies.

I'll keep this thread updated as I plan to write everyday,

God Bless Everyone

Let's get this Money

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
After reading more than some Tik Tok related posts of people talking about how easy it can be to create a Tik Tok account and of course make money from it.
Downs tools and heads to Tik Tok...

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Like the title says.

After reading more than some Tik Tok related posts of people talking about how easy it can be to create a Tik Tok account and of course make money from it. Mainly from Black Hat World Forum

This is not something full time but I will be dedicating some good time to it and plan to grow it to at least six figures in followers and then sell the account.

Before that I will use a landing page to promote affiliate offers relayed to my accounts content and make money that way.

Steps so far :

2. Buy domain name with same name which was available, email plus hosting included from Name Cheap for only $18 AUD or something.
3. Setup simple website theme and layout with EasyWP from Name Cheap ( 2020 Theme and add contact information ) .
4. Utilise existing Instagram account with the same username as Tik Tok account and email Address and domain name to establish Instagram presence.
5. Find content.
8. Wait, this is currently where I'm at, I will post more content to the account tomorrow as I will research hashtags and growth strategies.

God Bless Everyone

Let's get this Money
5 and 6. Are you downloading other people’s content to upload to your own account, or are you creating original content?

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
Making it sound easy than it actually is. JK
All the best for your ambition.

Rangermac2

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jun 1, 2020
Tennessee
Like the title says.

Steps so far :

5. Find content.

God Bless Everyone

Let's get this Money
Have you considered a niche for your content that you will make or reupload? Also consider your target market in this process. For instance if your target market is gardeners upload gardening videos. If you want to run a meme account then you have a large ability there since platforms such as Instagram always has a fresh supply of new memes and videos at your disposal. Soon after you could even do paid promotions and partnerships along with Advertising (promoting your account and other company products) once you have a large viewing base as these are technically your customers. With some proper time (as your concept seems new) you will have these aspects sorted out to your liking. Along with this it is a business, which the model of selling the accounts is also a business. Having set, defined goals along with the roadmap and work, I believe you have a good chance. I hope it works for you.
God bless you, and get that money

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Actually, I've an idea for anyone in the US who wants to start a social media management agency.

This is not your usual social media agency idea. Instead, this agency will just focus on only POSTING content on behalf of clients. For TikTok. The content will be supplied by the clients themselves.

Your agency's job is to post while you're in the US, using a US phone, a US phone number, without using any VPN.
That's your USP.

TikTok has a PROBLEM : the algorithm shows your content to the people in your city first, then if it does well, it'll show it to the ones in your state/province, and if it does well, it'll get shown to your whole country, and if it does well, then the region your country is in (e.g: South East Asia, Europe, South America....), and if that does well, then it'll show your content to the rest of the world.

What if you're, say, from Lithuania, and you want to access the US market? Lithuania has a far smaller demographic with weaker purchasing power. Or what if you're from Bhutan or Lesotho, but you want the crazy reach that US TikTokers get access to?

The thing is, unless you're a business that is somehow able to make content that goes VIRAL, your content will never get past your immediate city reach due to the algorithm. By VIRAL content, I'm referring to crazy ones like this:

Nick Smithyman on TikTok

Look at the views and engagement.

Is there a need? Yes, look at all these eCom businesses outside the US who wants to access one of the most lucrative markets in the world.

Sure, you can use a new phone with US registered phone number + USA VPN, but as I've tested, TiKTok restricts and caps your reach. In my test, they cap mine at 200 - 230 views. Other creators with shittier content (same content, same niche, other countries) gets far more. I've also heard similar accounts on Reddit. TikTok blacklists all the major VPNs and they've the financial ability to blacklist even more daily and update their VPN punishment list.

What if there's a social media management agency that posts on behalf of you after you submit your content to them, and they're from the US? What if they're a TRUSTWORTHY company where they remove all security/password objections you have? Say, the owner of this agency puts his photo and phone number on the website and you can get a call with him to assuage your worries about him/his staff taking your password and account? Virtual assistants can do this, but they're iffy. Companies just tend to look more trustworthy and credible especially if the website design is solid.

This agency will get a new cheap phone (paid by the client), a new US SIM card, and every day, you upload the videos you want to them, they post it. Tada! Monthly plans can start at US$15 for 1 post per day for 1 month, and US$25 for 2 posts per day etc. You get the idea.

And that's where you come in!

Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
TikTok has a PROBLEM : the algorithm shows your content to the people in your city first, then if it does well, it'll show it to the ones in your state/province, and if it does well, it'll get shown to your whole country, and if it does well, then the region your country is in (e.g: South East Asia, Europe, South America....), and if that does well, then it'll show your content to the rest of the world.

I can't believe you can't simply set your location as the US. What about people from the US who created their account in the US but are now overseas? Would their reach fall?

What about people who live in a non-English-speaking country and post in English? Would their content be first shown to people in their country anyway, dooming it to fail?

It makes no sense.

Do you have any official sources confirming this?

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I can't believe you can't simply set your location as the US. What about people from the US who created their account in the US but are now overseas? Would their reach fall?

If it's that simple, people won't be buying US-based accounts. No, I've tried it, it doesn't work. TikTok doesn't detect based on the location/language settings in the app or phone. The app can even get past VPN even if you set the VPN to say, Los Angeles. They detect via the SIM card. These info are all over Google.

It's actually a thing, that's why when you google "is tiktok location based", you get tons of info on this. You don't even see this issue with Instagram.

Quote from one reddit post: "Content is recognised and distributed locally within your geographic location for several reasons, one of them being that your content will most likely resonate with those within that region."

With regards to your "what about people from the US who created their account in the US but overseas....", I haven't tested this myself.

What about people who live in a non-English-speaking country and post in English? Would their content be first shown to people in their country anyway, dooming it to fail?

Yes. Unless they go viral in their country first. I should know, I'm in Singapore, the content on my For You Page are all Singaporean videos, with that occasional foreign video. When I post a video, the ones liking it are all from my country.

I also got a guy from Pakistan to do the same thing. His video likes and views are all from Pakistan.

It makes no sense.

Do you have any official sources confirming this?

TikTok has no article officially stating this, but it's already well know since years back. You can even try it yourself.

Download TikTok (I assume you're in Poland?), and you'll notice that when you load the app, the content on the For You Page (the first screen you see) are mostly Polish stuff. If you keep scrolling down, occasionally you'll see a few non-Polish posts but those are super viral ones (see their Likes/Comments) that have already reached worldwide status.

If you want to see, for example, US content on your For You Page (FYP), you first need to search out US TikTokers, watch their videos, like their posts, then the TikTok algorithm learns that those are the kind of content you want to see, so they'll then start showing you those US stuff on your FYP. However, that is only for your viewing side. When you post a video, the people seeing it will still not be from the US, for example, but Polish.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
If it's that simple, people won't be buying US-based accounts. No, I've tried it, it doesn't work. TikTok doesn't detect based on the location/language settings in the app or phone. The app can even get past VPN even if you set the VPN to say, Los Angeles. They detect via the SIM card. These info are all over Google.

It's actually a thing, that's why when you google "is tiktok location based", you get tons of info on this. You don't even see this issue with Instagram.

Quote from one reddit post: "Content is recognised and distributed locally within your geographic location for several reasons, one of them being that your content will most likely resonate with those within that region."

With regards to your "what about people from the US who created their account in the US but overseas....", I haven't tested this myself.

Yes. Unless they go viral in their country first. I should know, I'm in Singapore, the content on my For You Page are all Singaporean videos, with that occasional foreign video. When I post a video, the ones liking it are all from my country.

I also got a guy from Pakistan to do the same thing. His video likes and views are all from Pakistan.

TikTok has no article officially stating this, but it's already well know since years back. You can even try it yourself.

Download TikTok (I assume you're in Poland?), and you'll notice that when you load the app, the content on the For You Page (the first screen you see) are mostly Polish stuff. If you keep scrolling down, occasionally you'll see a few non-Polish posts but those are super viral ones (see their Likes/Comments) that have already reached worldwide status.

If you want to see, for example, US content on your For You Page (FYP), you first need to search out US TikTokers, watch their videos, like their posts, then the TikTok algorithm learns that those are the kind of content you want to see, so they'll then start showing you those US stuff on your FYP. However, that is only for your viewing side. When you post a video, the people seeing it will still not be from the US, for example, but Polish.

This is completely ridiculous then and completely destroys any chances of success for international creators creating in English.

Showing content from your region when browsing is one thing. Not letting you get discovered just because you don't create in your native language is idiotic.

TinyOldLady

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Download TikTok (I assume you're in Poland?), and you'll notice that when you load the app, the content on the For You Page (the first screen you see) are mostly Polish stuff.
I see that in Germany as well. German people comment on my videos and the „for you“ is german. Anyways, my recent video reached more than 3k views (I joined TT last week with no followers). I think using popular music helps a lot at the beginning.

TinyOldLady

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
the algorithm shows your content to the people in your city first, then if it does well, it'll show it to the ones in your state/province, and if it does well, it'll get shown to your whole country, and if it does well, then the region your country is in (e.g: South East Asia, Europe, South America....), and if that does well, then it'll show your content to the rest of the world.
If this is really true, then the posting time must be crucial.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
This is completely ridiculous then and completely destroys any chances of success for international creators creating in English.

Showing content from your region when browsing is one thing. Not letting you get discovered just because you don't create in your native language is idiotic.

Yes, that's why I'm still on the fence about TikTok. This location thing is also my biggest peeve about TT. But then again, their original idea was for content and not for businesses to hawk goods there lol.

The other alternative is Instagram Reels which is not geolocation based. But compared to TikTok, the engagement for the same video is way lower. On TikTok, I can get 40+ Likes with just 200 views, but on IG Reels, it's less than 20 Likes for 1000 views. TikTok's audience is far more engaged.

Anyway, the way I see, TikTok is likely going to go the way of IG soon e.g. saturation, and they'll peak a lot faster. For most people except the biggest creators, their reach are declining overall. Another drawback of TikTok is their algorithm is super fickle.

I see that in Germany as well. German people comment on my videos and the „for you“ is german. Anyways, my recent video reached more than 3k views (I joined TT last week with no followers). I think using popular music helps a lot at the beginning.

Yup, go to the Audio section of TikTok, and look for music with the Popular badge that has 50k - 500k videos made with them.

If this is really true, then the posting time must be crucial.

Yes! But TikTok's algorithm is a bit more evergreen than IG's. The videos can still get shown to people days and weeks after posting.

Rangermac2

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jun 1, 2020
Tennessee
Actually, I've an idea for anyone in the US who wants to start a social media management agency.

This is not your usual social media agency idea. Instead, this agency will just focus on only POSTING content on behalf of clients. For TikTok. The content will be supplied by the clients themselves.

Your agency's job is to post while you're in the US, using a US phone, a US phone number, without using any VPN.
That's your USP.

What if you're, say, from Lithuania, and you want to access the US market? Lithuania has a far smaller demographic with weaker purchasing power. Or what if you're from Bhutan or Lesotho, but you want the crazy reach that US TikTokers get access to?

The thing is, unless you're a business that is somehow able to make content that goes VIRAL, your content will never get past your immediate city reach due to the algorithm. By VIRAL content, I'm referring to crazy ones like this:

Nick Smithyman on TikTok

Look at the views and engagement.

Is there a need? Yes, look at all these eCom businesses outside the US who wants to access one of the most lucrative markets in the world.

Sure, you can use a new phone with US registered phone number + USA VPN, but as I've tested, TiKTok restricts and caps your reach. In my test, they cap mine at 200 - 230 views. Other creators with shittier content (same content, same niche, other countries) gets far more. I've also heard similar accounts on Reddit. TikTok blacklists all the major VPNs and they've the financial ability to blacklist even more daily and update their VPN punishment list.

What if there's a social media management agency that posts on behalf of you after you submit your content to them, and they're from the US? What if they're a TRUSTWORTHY company where they remove all security/password objections you have? Say, the owner of this agency puts his photo and phone number on the website and you can get a call with him to assuage your worries about him/his staff taking your password and account? Virtual assistants can do this, but they're iffy. Companies just tend to look more trustworthy and credible especially if the website design is solid.

This agency will get a new cheap phone (paid by the client), a new US SIM card, and every day, you upload the videos you want to them, they post it. Tada! Monthly plans can start at US$15 for 1 post per day for 1 month, and US$25 for 2 posts per day etc. You get the idea.

And that's where you come in!
Sounds like a really cool concept. I didn't think of it like that but you're right about how the algorithm is utilized, it would function similarly to the International SIM Card where you could get reach from countries abroad. If I'm not wrong however, going into settings in social medias and changing the location serves as a solution but you would be giving deceiving information that would potentially violate user agreements and or be giving wrong information that is typically sold by these companies for advertisements (which is extremely important to why we get the things we want). This would be an interesting idea that, if implemented properly could be very competitive with good results

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.