• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Influence, The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it and let's discuss!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion(Review | Discuss)

EXECUTION Make money or go back to a job

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by PieLines, Oct 28, 2018.

1. PieLines

PieLines PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $1
    Found a few of the ecom threads here helpful and decided to sign up and share my journey. I've just returned from a long backpacking trip and spent the last few weeks trying different things out. I have savings and tested the water with my resume and got interview offers so shouldn't be too difficult if I start running out of emergency cash. I have never started a business before. So here we go.

Everything I have done in the past 2 weeks.
    • Surveys, MTurk (yes really started at the bottom here), tried to automate with Python script
    • Logo designs on 99designs and cold approached a few local businesses with logo designs via Instagram (Figured I'm just not a great graphic designer, I don't enjoy it that much and this niche is very saturated and difficult to make a decent profit)
    • Got a few short brandable .com domains for 0.99$ and put them up for sale on afternic and sedo
    • Got 30$ worth of products from AliExpress to try selling on Ebay to test demand. Put 1 $4 product up a week ago, no sales yet, realised it's difficult to compete with chinese prices (2$) for this product without a premium/different brand. Considering setting up an ecom website with fancy photos, nice theme etc and marketing through instagram rather than ebay.
    • Posted on a few online platforms offering web design services for low prices
    • Started building up a following on 4 instagram accts (different niches) and automating interaction with Python script. Want to build affiliate websites or ecom websites for these niches
    • Set up cheap web hosting for unlimited domains
    • Posted travel photos on Shutterstock to generate some income
    • Posted a bunch of music mix youtube videos, joined youtube view exchange fb groups

Profit = 0$
    Costs = 70$

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  2. Jeff Noel

Jeff Noel Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,740
    If you need emergency cash right away, one thing you could do is put some stuff for sale on FB Marketplace or Craigslist. My girlfriend made a couple hundred dollars lately selling old and used books, clothes, etc.
    I sold a keyboard $60 last week. That's quick money for not a lot of a work.

There must be some stuff laying around that you don't use anymore.

Use that quick cash to leverage your business opportunities (or to survive).

Edit: Try to approach your local businesses directly through a phone call, email or Facebook. Cold calling on Instagram might not be the best way to contact local businesses.

404profound and PieLines like this.
  3. PieLines

PieLines PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $1
    hey thanks, i've actually already done this and made 60$, just didnt include it in the post as it's not really profit :happy:

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.