• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

EXECUTION Make money or go back to a job

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by PieLines, Oct 28, 2018.

1. PieLines

PieLines PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $1
    Found a few of the ecom threads here helpful and decided to sign up and share my journey. I've just returned from a long backpacking trip and spent the last few weeks trying different things out. I have savings and tested the water with my resume and got interview offers so shouldn't be too difficult if I start running out of emergency cash. I have never started a business before. So here we go.

Everything I have done in the past 2 weeks.
    • Surveys, MTurk (yes really started at the bottom here), tried to automate with Python script
    • Logo designs on 99designs and cold approached a few local businesses with logo designs via Instagram (Figured I'm just not a great graphic designer, I don't enjoy it that much and this niche is very saturated and difficult to make a decent profit)
    • Got a few short brandable .com domains for 0.99$ and put them up for sale on afternic and sedo
    • Got 30$ worth of products from AliExpress to try selling on Ebay to test demand. Put 1 $4 product up a week ago, no sales yet, realised it's difficult to compete with chinese prices (2$) for this product without a premium/different brand. Considering setting up an ecom website with fancy photos, nice theme etc and marketing through instagram rather than ebay.
    • Posted on a few online platforms offering web design services for low prices
    • Started building up a following on 4 instagram accts (different niches) and automating interaction with Python script. Want to build affiliate websites or ecom websites for these niches
    • Set up cheap web hosting for unlimited domains
    • Posted travel photos on Shutterstock to generate some income
    • Posted a bunch of music mix youtube videos, joined youtube view exchange fb groups

Profit = 0$
    Costs = 70$

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  2. Jeff Noel

Jeff Noel Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $968
    If you need emergency cash right away, one thing you could do is put some stuff for sale on FB Marketplace or Craigslist. My girlfriend made a couple hundred dollars lately selling old and used books, clothes, etc.
    I sold a keyboard $60 last week. That's quick money for not a lot of a work.

There must be some stuff laying around that you don't use anymore.

Use that quick cash to leverage your business opportunities (or to survive).

Edit: Try to approach your local businesses directly through a phone call, email or Facebook. Cold calling on Instagram might not be the best way to contact local businesses.

404profound and PieLines like this.
  3. PieLines

PieLines PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $1
    hey thanks, i've actually already done this and made 60$, just didnt include it in the post as it's not really profit :happy: