The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Make money or go back to a job

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

PieLines

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 28, 2018
Found a few of the ecom threads here helpful and decided to sign up and share my journey. I've just returned from a long backpacking trip and spent the last few weeks trying different things out. I have savings and tested the water with my resume and got interview offers so shouldn't be too difficult if I start running out of emergency cash. I have never started a business before. So here we go.

Everything I have done in the past 2 weeks.
  • Surveys, MTurk (yes really started at the bottom here), tried to automate with Python script
  • Logo designs on 99designs and cold approached a few local businesses with logo designs via Instagram (Figured I'm just not a great graphic designer, I don't enjoy it that much and this niche is very saturated and difficult to make a decent profit)
  • Got a few short brandable .com domains for 0.99$ and put them up for sale on afternic and sedo
  • Got 30$ worth of products from AliExpress to try selling on Ebay to test demand. Put 1 $4 product up a week ago, no sales yet, realised it's difficult to compete with chinese prices (2$) for this product without a premium/different brand. Considering setting up an ecom website with fancy photos, nice theme etc and marketing through instagram rather than ebay.
  • Posted on a few online platforms offering web design services for low prices
  • Started building up a following on 4 instagram accts (different niches) and automating interaction with Python script. Want to build affiliate websites or ecom websites for these niches
  • Set up cheap web hosting for unlimited domains
  • Posted travel photos on Shutterstock to generate some income
  • Posted a bunch of music mix youtube videos, joined youtube view exchange fb groups

Profit = 0$
Costs = 70$

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
If you need emergency cash right away, one thing you could do is put some stuff for sale on FB Marketplace or Craigslist. My girlfriend made a couple hundred dollars lately selling old and used books, clothes, etc.
I sold a keyboard $60 last week. That's quick money for not a lot of a work.

There must be some stuff laying around that you don't use anymore.

Use that quick cash to leverage your business opportunities (or to survive).

Edit: Try to approach your local businesses directly through a phone call, email or Facebook. Cold calling on Instagram might not be the best way to contact local businesses.

PieLines

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 28, 2018
If you need emergency cash right away, one thing you could do is put some stuff for sale on FB Marketplace or Craigslist. My girlfriend made a couple hundred dollars lately selling old and used books, clothes, etc.
I sold a keyboard $60 last week. That's quick money for not a lot of a work.

There must be some stuff laying around that you don't use anymore.

Use that quick cash to leverage your business opportunities (or to survive).

Edit: Try to approach your local businesses directly through a phone call, email or Facebook. Cold calling on instagram might not be the best way to contact local businesses.

hey thanks, i've actually already done this and made 60$, just didnt include it in the post as it's not really profit :happy:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.