The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting Digital Marketing agency after the pandemic?

Marketing, social media, advertising

ho4848

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Jul 8, 2019
World Citizen
Where will be your strength in offering these services?

Starting a digital agency is a great idea. However, the entry barrier is low for a general digital marketing agency. People who work in India can offer similar services at a much lower price. Specialize in only one area of the marketing service may give you an advantage.

I wish you all the best.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Yo bros!

I am planning to start a Digital Marketing agency after all this ends, does anyone here owns a Digital Marketing agency?

What do you think?
1) Don’t “start an agency”? Just help one business *now*?

2) See above. Why wait till after the pandemic? Is there a business you can help *now*? Are you doing them a disservice by waiting till later before you help them?

3) Your language? “I’m planning to start”. Why plan to start? Just start?

thealphawolfie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Feb 13, 2020
1) Don’t “start an agency”? Just help one business *now*?

2) See above. Why wait till after the pandemic? Is there a business you can help *now*? Are you doing them a disservice by waiting to help them later?

3) Your language? “I’m planning to start”. Why plan to start? Just start?

I'm trying to focus on the health/fitness industry. For now I can't, but you're right, i'm making excuses! Thank you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Zcott

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 24, 2018
Yo bros!

I am planning to start a Digital Marketing agency after all this ends, does anyone here owns a Digital Marketing agency?

What do you think?

What's wrong with doing it now?

Even if you get no sales, what you will get is experience in approaching businesses and potentially warm leads to call back in a few weeks/months.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm trying to focus on the health/fitness industry. For now I can't, but you're right, i'm making excuses! Thank you
Are you sure you can’t help a business in the health and fitness industry this week?

If not, then what other businesses can you help, this week?

sonny_1080

Creating a tool I want to use.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles
Yo bros!

What do you think?
A lot of people are in financial fear due to business drying up, people social distancing, and employees getting laid off.

The NEED to get customers is there!

thealphawolfie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Feb 13, 2020
Are you sure you can’t help a business in the health and fitness industry this week?

If not, then what other businesses can you help, this week?

Currently, most gyms and fitness stores are closed.

Great question, i believe the telecommunication industry is working well at the moment!

I'll give it a try! thanks!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Currently, most gyms and fitness stores are closed.
I can’t buy dumbbells online anywhere. They’re all out of stock.

Joe Wicks in the UK does morning workout classes on YouTube. According to a newspaper he made £100k in one week from YouTube ads that he’s donating to the National Health Service.

I’m curious if any gyms could use any digital marketing help *because* they’re closed.

Here’s a mindset shift for you.

Instead of:

“I’d like to help gyms with their digital marketing but they’re all closed.”

... how about:

“I’d like to help gyms with their digital marketing and they’re all closed.”

It’s only one word difference but one sentence stops you dead and the other has you wondering how them being closed can be turned to an advantage.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I can’t buy dumbbells online anywhere. They’re all out of stock.

off topic : I am totaly confused : I look for dumbbells here in Germany and get 1000s of offers. 3 days delivery. Should I send you some?

I have the feeling, that in Germany there is never a lack of anything beside of masks.

Nick M.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jul 13, 2018
To go even further, why not try to help out gyms because they're all closed. I bet most of them have no idea how to bring in business right now since the pandemic is disrupting their business model.

If you can tackle that problem and provide value, there will probably be lots of demand for your services.

If anything, now is the time to get into digital marketing for offline businesses because the rules are changing. It can be much easier to differentiate yourself. If you wait until the pandemic is over and people are going to the gyms, you've lost a golden opportunity.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
To go even further, why not try to help out gyms because they're all closed. I bet most of them have no idea how to bring in business right now since the pandemic is disrupting their business model.

If you can tackle that problem and provide value, there will probably be lots of demand for your services.

If anything, now is the time to get into digital marketing for offline businesses because the rules are changing. It can be much easier to differentiate yourself. If you wait until the pandemic is over and people are going to the gyms, you've lost a golden opportunity.
Yeah, I like that.

“I’d like to help gyms with their digital marketing because they’re all closed.”

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Guys, are gyms legally even allowed to be open?

You can get them customers all day, but they'll smack into the door on their way in.

Zcott

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 24, 2018
Businesses closed because of corona aren't going to sit there and twiddle their thumbs until this all goes away. No one will see them in passing right now so it makes sense to grow their brand online. If you can help them, go and do it.

Can you help a business retain their base whilst customers stare at social media at home, can you grow their branding, increase engagement, interact with their community?

Think that when corona does go away, businesses who have invested in online marketing will see more customers than those who have not. People will have forgot about the ones who did nothing.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
So I'm looking for a CNC router service/manufacturer...

Here's a blurb on a company's site I came across:

WE ARE ABOUT TO CLOSE OUR STUDIO. C0VlD-19 HAS BEEN DEVASTATING TO OUR BUSINESS. ALL CONFERENCES, EVENTS, WEDDINGS, BAR MITZVAHS, SWEET SIXTEENS, ETC HAVE BEEN CANCELLED FOR THE NEXT 2-3 MONTHS. MOST UPSETTING IS THAT 5-6 COMPANIES HAVE REFUSED TO PAY THEIR BILL (THEIR CONFERENCES/EVENTS WERE CANCELLED AFTER RECEIVING THE WORK I DID, BUT HAVE NOT PAID YET). I CANNOT AFFORT TO TAKE LEGAL ACTION. THIS IS CUSTOM WORK AND IS NOT A PRODUCT THET CAN BE RETURNED. THIS HAS FORCED ME INTO DEBT AND WILL NEED TO CLOSE FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE.

There are SO MANY other cases like this out there that need a helping hand.

Even if you charge peanuts or NOTHING, if you can get them business during this time you've got a customer FOR LIFE.

@Andy Black

sonny_1080

Creating a tool I want to use.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles
Businesses closed because of corona ... No one will see them in passing right now so it makes sense to grow their brand online.

Can you help a business retain their base whilst customers stare at social media at home, can you grow their branding, increase engagement, interact with their community?

Think that when corona does go away, businesses who have invested in online marketing will see more customers than those who have not. People will have forgot about the ones who did nothing.
Zcott just made you a blueprint for your sales script

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
oh no the economy is bad people can't afford my service.
oh yes the economy is bad people really are in need of my service.

pick one.
And funnily enough your clients will be the ones who picked the second.

Fr33zerPop

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jan 14, 2020
Portland, Oregon, USA
Just for fun, while I'm driving around I like keeping my head in the right space by asking myself, "What does that business [points out window] need to do to stay alive right now? Is that something I can help them with?"

dvdusa

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Feb 26, 2017
PNW
I started mine in 2008.

I got 1 client. They paid the bills.

I got a second client.. I used their entire payment to hire a salesperson. We were off and running.

Let me know if you have any other questions I can help with!

David

Eli Cohen

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Jan 15, 2015
Philadelphia
Specialize and focus, market yourself as a solution that can help businesses get results.

If you say to them "Hey I focus on X I can generate Y amount of customers for Z price per customer is that interesting to you?" They will probably bite.

keep us posted and good luck!

WowVisible

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 1, 2014
Yo bros!

What do you think?
For me, this is the right time to start because business owners or decision-makers are staying home and you have a great chance you can connect with them compared the time when they'll busy back working their business.

More and more business owners now are switching to the idea of considering digital marketing services because of the current situation. More likely, they realized that they need to strengthen their online presence. Also more are considering alternative ways of selling their products via e-commerce sites. In this case, they are in need of digital marketing services.

If in case you are interested to include SEO in your digital marketing services, I can help you with this.

dvdusa

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Feb 26, 2017
PNW
How do we reach out to the business mow? How do you prospect during a pandemic?

I heard it once said - you may think you have a sales problem, but you actually have a marketing problem.

Are you in front of where your ideal customer lives online?

Do you have a clear call to action on your site?

Do you have clear value-add?

In my mind, all my prospects are going to be buying digital marketing in the future, it is my job to make sure they think of me, when they do.

My $0.02!

deeptib

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jul 9, 2020
Austin
I heard it once said - you may think you have a sales problem, but you actually have a marketing problem.

Are you in front of where your ideal customer lives online?

Do you have a clear call to action on your site?

Do you have clear value-add?

In my mind, all my prospects are going to be buying digital marketing in the future, it is my job to make sure they think of me, when they do.

My $0.02!
Thanks! Ok everything u said makes sense.

How do u find those online communities? Google 'gym owner forum'?

dvdusa

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Feb 26, 2017
PNW
Thanks! Ok everything u said makes sense.

How do u find those online communities? Google 'gym owner forum'?

Search: Tanner Chidester

He seems to be having a ton of success going after gym owners.

I don't know much about him outside of that.

Hope it helps!

SkyLake

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Nov 29, 2016
The mere fact that you're even asking such a question means you have no value to provide.

If you had value to provide would you ask this question? Or would you be too busy executing and counting the money?

Create value for someone else. Regardless if it's a digital agency.

amankhan25

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 9, 2020
Noida, India
Yo bros!

What do you think?
Why you are waiting for the end? Don't you think it would be too late to grab the opportunity? businesses have already started going online so this is the right time to start a digital marketing agency. Before you start let me warn you that don't expect high earning from the beginning as you are new to this business and there is already a lot of competition, people are providing the same services for lesser price so focus on providing quality service in order to grow your agency faster.
Good luck champ!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.