The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Starting Digital Marketing agency after the pandemic?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

thealphawolfie

New Contributor
Feb 13, 2020
Yo bros!

I am planning to start a Digital Marketing agency after all this ends, does anyone here owns a Digital Marketing agency?

What do you think?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

ho4848

Contributor
Jul 8, 2019
World Citizen
Where will be your strength in offering these services?

Starting a digital agency is a great idea. However, the entry barrier is low for a general digital marketing agency. People who work in India can offer similar services at a much lower price. Specialize in only one area of the marketing service may give you an advantage.

I wish you all the best.

Andy Black

Dad, husband, entrepreneur.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Yo bros!

I am planning to start a Digital Marketing agency after all this ends, does anyone here owns a Digital Marketing agency?

What do you think?
1) Don’t “start an agency”? Just help one business *now*?

2) See above. Why wait till after the pandemic? Is there a business you can help *now*? Are you doing them a disservice by waiting till later before you help them?

3) Your language? “I’m planning to start”. Why plan to start? Just start?

OP
OP
T

thealphawolfie

New Contributor
Feb 13, 2020
1) Don’t “start an agency”? Just help one business *now*?

2) See above. Why wait till after the pandemic? Is there a business you can help *now*? Are you doing them a disservice by waiting to help them later?

3) Your language? “I’m planning to start”. Why plan to start? Just start?
I'm trying to focus on the health/fitness industry. For now I can't, but you're right, i'm making excuses! Thank you

Zcott

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 24, 2018
Yo bros!

What do you think?
What's wrong with doing it now?

Even if you get no sales, what you will get is experience in approaching businesses and potentially warm leads to call back in a few weeks/months.

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm trying to focus on the health/fitness industry. For now I can't, but you're right, i'm making excuses! Thank you
Are you sure you can’t help a business in the health and fitness industry this week?

If not, then what other businesses can you help, this week?

sonny_1080

Making friends and solving problems!
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Yo bros!

What do you think?
A lot of people are in financial fear due to business drying up, people social distancing, and employees getting laid off.

The NEED to get customers is there!

OP
OP
T

thealphawolfie

New Contributor
Feb 13, 2020
Are you sure you can’t help a business in the health and fitness industry this week?

If not, then what other businesses can you help, this week?
Currently, most gyms and fitness stores are closed.

Great question, i believe the telecommunication industry is working well at the moment!

I'll give it a try! thanks!

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Currently, most gyms and fitness stores are closed.
I can’t buy dumbbells online anywhere. They’re all out of stock.

Joe Wicks in the UK does morning workout classes on YouTube. According to a newspaper he made £100k in one week from YouTube ads that he’s donating to the National Health Service.

I’m curious if any gyms could use any digital marketing help *because* they’re closed.

Here’s a mindset shift for you.

Instead of:

“I’d like to help gyms with their digital marketing but they’re all closed.”

... how about:

“I’d like to help gyms with their digital marketing and they’re all closed.”

It’s only one word difference but one sentence stops you dead and the other has you wondering how them being closed can be turned to an advantage.

Ing

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I can’t buy dumbbells online anywhere. They’re all out of stock.
off topic : I am totaly confused : I look for dumbbells here in Germany and get 1000s of offers. 3 days delivery. Should I send you some?

I have the feeling, that in Germany there is never a lack of anything beside of masks.

Nick M.

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 13, 2018
To go even further, why not try to help out gyms because they're all closed. I bet most of them have no idea how to bring in business right now since the pandemic is disrupting their business model.

If you can tackle that problem and provide value, there will probably be lots of demand for your services.

If anything, now is the time to get into digital marketing for offline businesses because the rules are changing. It can be much easier to differentiate yourself. If you wait until the pandemic is over and people are going to the gyms, you've lost a golden opportunity.

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
To go even further, why not try to help out gyms because they're all closed. I bet most of them have no idea how to bring in business right now since the pandemic is disrupting their business model.

If you can tackle that problem and provide value, there will probably be lots of demand for your services.

If anything, now is the time to get into digital marketing for offline businesses because the rules are changing. It can be much easier to differentiate yourself. If you wait until the pandemic is over and people are going to the gyms, you've lost a golden opportunity.
Yeah, I like that.

“I’d like to help gyms with their digital marketing because they’re all closed.”

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Guys, are gyms legally even allowed to be open?

You can get them customers all day, but they'll smack into the door on their way in.

Zcott

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 24, 2018
Businesses closed because of corona aren't going to sit there and twiddle their thumbs until this all goes away. No one will see them in passing right now so it makes sense to grow their brand online. If you can help them, go and do it.

Can you help a business retain their base whilst customers stare at social media at home, can you grow their branding, increase engagement, interact with their community?

Think that when corona does go away, businesses who have invested in online marketing will see more customers than those who have not. People will have forgot about the ones who did nothing.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
So I'm looking for a CNC router service/manufacturer...

Here's a blurb on a company's site I came across:

WE ARE ABOUT TO CLOSE OUR STUDIO. COVID-19 HAS BEEN DEVASTATING TO OUR BUSINESS. ALL CONFERENCES, EVENTS, WEDDINGS, BAR MITZVAHS, SWEET SIXTEENS, ETC HAVE BEEN CANCELLED FOR THE NEXT 2-3 MONTHS. MOST UPSETTING IS THAT 5-6 COMPANIES HAVE REFUSED TO PAY THEIR BILL (THEIR CONFERENCES/EVENTS WERE CANCELLED AFTER RECEIVING THE WORK I DID, BUT HAVE NOT PAID YET). I CANNOT AFFORT TO TAKE LEGAL ACTION. THIS IS CUSTOM WORK AND IS NOT A PRODUCT THET CAN BE RETURNED. THIS HAS FORCED ME INTO DEBT AND WILL NEED TO CLOSE FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE.
There are SO MANY other cases like this out there that need a helping hand.

Even if you charge peanuts or NOTHING, if you can get them business during this time you've got a customer FOR LIFE.

@Andy Black

sonny_1080

Making friends and solving problems!
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Businesses closed because of corona ... No one will see them in passing right now so it makes sense to grow their brand online.

Can you help a business retain their base whilst customers stare at social media at home, can you grow their branding, increase engagement, interact with their community?

Think that when corona does go away, businesses who have invested in online marketing will see more customers than those who have not. People will have forgot about the ones who did nothing.
Zcott just made you a blueprint for your sales script

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
oh no the economy is bad people can't afford my service.
oh yes the economy is bad people really are in need of my service.

pick one.
And funnily enough your clients will be the ones who picked the second.

dvdusa

New Contributor
Feb 26, 2017
PNW
I started mine in 2008.

I got 1 client. They paid the bills.

I got a second client.. I used their entire payment to hire a salesperson. We were off and running.

Let me know if you have any other questions I can help with!

David

Eli Cohen

New Contributor
Jan 15, 2015
Philadelphia
Specialize and focus, market yourself as a solution that can help businesses get results.

If you say to them "Hey I focus on X I can generate Y amount of customers for Z price per customer is that interesting to you?" They will probably bite.

keep us posted and good luck!

Armil Velos

New Contributor
Dec 1, 2014
Yo bros!

What do you think?
For me, this is the right time to start because business owners or decision-makers are staying home and you have a great chance you can connect with them compared the time when they'll busy back working their business.

More and more business owners now are switching to the idea of considering digital marketing services because of the current situation. More likely, they realized that they need to strengthen their online presence. Also more are considering alternative ways of selling their products via e-commerce sites. In this case, they are in need of digital marketing services.

If in case you are interested to include SEO in your digital marketing services, I can help you with this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Hi guys, I repost here my old review with a small update : Feb 2020 : Hi guys, Just wanted...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Ah, I should've checked here to find out that it was free! Although, Amazon only charged $2 for...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Pick the one you need most. Some just buy them all. :D Loving your email sequence.
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock