The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
I'm not sure if I agree with this 2x method, or my interpretation of it at least. But that really doesn't matter, different strokes for different folks... And I TOTALLY relate to the freedom speak I see throughout your language. I like what you're doing.

But no one is mentioning what you're going to do now? You have a newfound wisdom it would seem, perhaps motivation to share, and absolutely the ability to inspire. What's your next business? What's your plan to multiply the six-fiddy? This can't be it, we're simply not built that way.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
I'm not sure if I agree with this 2x method, or my interpretation of it at least. But that really doesn't matter, different strokes for different folks... And I TOTALLY relate to the freedom speak I see throughout your language. I like what you're doing.

But no one is mentioning what you're going to do now? You have a newfound wisdom it would seem, perhaps motivation to share, and absolutely the ability to inspire. What's your next business? What's your plan to multiply the six-fiddy? This can't be it, we're simply not built that way.

Thanks man, appreciate the feedback and I accept your nod to the freedom stuff. If you get anything from my words I'm happy - truly.

It's not really about me. It's about a new way to measure wealth and a guide to what to do with it when and as it comes. I originally created the formula to help people get their heads around how much money you need to "feel" wealthy because in all my coaching sessions as an option trading coach almost 100% of students had absolutely no idea how much money they wanted to make which blurred their focus and made the journey appear insurmountable.

By creating and explaining to people how I felt when I made just $650k I opened their eyes to what they really wanted - the feeling in their lives that wealth was supposed to bring and most of that was based on what they didn't want but was disguised as what they said they wanted. People think they want to be "millionaires" and own ferraris, mansions and all that "stuff" but in fact (almost without exception) they really only wanted financial relief from the pain they felt every Monday morning or every time they got paid and it wasn't "enough" or how guilty they felt every time they spent money on themselves instead of "saving for a rainy day". My formula and experience attempt to illuminate when real wealth actually feels like based on my own direct experiences.

I'm not here to show anyone how to become wealthy (although privately I love the discussion). I'm just here to offer an alternative way to think about money and wealth and by making it measurable and defined I provide a pathway to financial relief and clarity. Over the years I've realised that the biggest benefit is it makes wealth attainable which gives people clarity which leads to focus and focus assists and in some cases provides drive which is needed for the grind. Like I say in the intro. It's a book about how to be wealthy - not how to become wealthy. The world is flooded with how to make money books but not many (some say any) investigate what it takes to feel wealthy. I wanted to define it to give people a handle on what they're doing and why.

What do I intend to do with it? Well, I thought I was going to make a good amount by selling it but it's a really hard book to sell (even though most like it) and my marketing skills suck to be frank so I'm hoping (and get a lot of satisfaction) from just helping people understand the journey they're on. I'm happy preparing active entrepreneurs for impending wealth. That's my role in this life now. I have a loose plan to speak about this on stages around the place and am working on condensing it down to a powerful TED talk (maybe, one day) but for now I'm being paid very well by my feedback loop.

I wish I could teach people how to make 2X because I know I'd be giving them a hand up to freedom but these days I like to steer clear of and want to differentiate myself from the "how to make money" crowd. Been there, done that, copped the flack and got the bruises and t-shirts and pictures to prove it. I'm just a casual philosopher who hopes to make a difference by providing what I think is the most important ingredient for those who want to push onto (or fall into) wealth. It's not a message that everyone wants to hear (try telling people their money mindset stinks and you'll get a feeling for how hard it is to market a book like this. No one is looking for a better money mindset because no one thinks there's anything wrong with the one they have. I know otherwise and for those open to the message I have one. Financial freedom is closer than you think and here's a formula to measure it with so you know when you're there.

HTH.

P.S. Edit Add: I don't have a lifetime supply of cash built up yet so it's work and business as usual. I'm with everyone else here as far as that goes but I can assure you once I do I'll have no problem spending the rest of my life indulging my hobbies and pursuing my passions. I have absolutely no desire to spend the rest of my life being a money hunter. It bores and tires me. My goals right now are to continue doing the best I can to help as many people as I can so that I can accumulate that lifetime supply of cash so I can get on with what I'm really supposed to be doing and that's enjoying my life. I'm not the "more is never enough" guy. I'm the enough is enough guy.

But remember this isn't about the end it's about the start. Understanding and living at 2X is just the start of wealth. I explain the entire journey in the book in more detail.

mike24601

Consumption Bear
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
@V8Bill, thank you so much for your generous gift to all of us. Like many of those who have replied already, your wealth equation is in line with mine. It's less a want for "things" as it is a want for freedom, and the way you did it all those years ago demonstrates the power of magnitude. You can sell 30,000 pens for $1 or provide just 300 people with a valuable service for $100 each, the choice is up to you. I have a 7 hour drive coming up on Friday and will be listening to your audio file in the car. I have to say, you are a very fine narrator. Cheers!

Last edited:

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
@V8Bill, thank you so much for your generous gift to all of us. Like many of those who have replied already, your wealth equation is in line with mine. It's less a want for "things" as it is a want for freedom, and the way you did it all those years ago demonstrates the power of magnitude. You can sell 30,000 pens for $1 or provide just 300 people with a valuable service for $100 each, the choice is up to you. I have a 7 hour drive coming up on Friday and will be listening to your audio file in the car. I have to say, you are a very fine narrator. Cheers!
Thanks Mike, driving is my most favourite time to consume podcasts and audiobooks too. I once chose to drive to an event over 2,000km away instead of fly just because I wanted to spend the time totally focused on Get The Edge (a 14 CD audio programme by Tony Robbins).

Fortunately, UMM is only 150 minutes but you'll enjoy the part in the intro as I briefly discuss a very special road trip I took just a few months after I sold my share of the business. Although I don't suggest the random road approach I took haha.

Thanks again for your feedback. I get a real buzz from reading them all. And thank you all for your thanks and rep$. Laying this book out in here has been and continues to be one of the most satisfying and deeply rewarding experiences of my life.

JDx

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
May 11, 2016
Amsterdam
Great writing style, I enjoyed your story. It all seems like a very "lucky" series of events but you really did put your a$$ on the line going to that event and then working your a$$ off. Thanks for the write-up, might check out the book later!

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Great writing style, I enjoyed your story. It all seems like a very "lucky" series of events but you really did put your a$$ on the line going to that event and then working your a$$ off. Thanks for the write-up, might check out the book later!
Thanks man, and you're right, there was a LOT of luck involved but if we just make a small effort to put ourselves out there with total 100% belief in ourselves we just might be lucky enough to get a few breaks which we can then apply a massive amount of action to and with eyes crossed we can make some progress towards our aims.

All I knew was that I had to connect with people who were where I wanted to be. I had exactly zero idea of what business I wanted to start and frankly I didn't care. All I knew was that trying was better than wishing and like Kramer (I'll admit) I fell a$$ backwards into a shipload of personal success. At least by my definition anyway.

I see a lot of freedom sealers worrying too much about what sort of business to start. In my case I didn't care and took the exposure chance which paid off.

I hope you find the time to listen to the whole story sometime and of course I thank you for the feedback too.

You guys are so freaking awesome!

Vas87

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jul 4, 2012
Australia
Thanks for the book Bill. A great mindset and story. Glad to see another South Aussie on here. Being a car guy, do you go to Cars and Coffee? Would be interesting to hear about your converted race car!

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Thanks for the book Bill. A great mindset and story. Glad to see another South Aussie on here. Being a car guy, do you go to Cars and Coffee? Would be interesting to hear about your converted race car!

You're welcome Vas...I wonder if we have the same name? I've been familiar with Cars and Coffee but haven't really been an event or club guy. More of a lone wolf. But contact me and let's connect on skype to talk fumes and skids. Cars are my main hobby, with my main focus being real traditional hot rods but I'm fascinated by all cool cars as mentioned briefly in this story. I have the full build docs and story of my "Sleeper Of The Year 2007" car and love to talk about cars 'n stuff.

falcon87pl

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
307%
Apr 6, 2014
Poland
@V8Bill I would like to thank you for providing us with so much value for free. I have listened to your audiobook while working out and I loved the 2X approach. I have always felt a bit overwhelmed thinking about "millions I need to make to feel free" but you made me realise that my goal is much closer that I have ever thought.

About 4 years ago, when I realised I would become a father, I decided that my first financial goal would be earning enough money to let my wife stay at home with our son for the first 2-3 years which are crucial in terms of child development. I had graduated from a technical university with top grades but quickly realised I did not want to be a chemician :) So I did not have any useful skills for the marketplace and was earning a bit more than a minimum wage in my country. But I knew English and knew that they were paying well in IT sector. Long story short, I found a shitty corpo IT job where I was answering 5000 calls per year, improved my skills, moved to a different city and after 3 years started earning minimum wage x5 which blew my mind at the beginning. As Jim Rohn used to say, the marketplace was about the same, prices were the same, politicians were the same, taxes were the same and my negative relatives were the same but I was not the same.

"Minimum wage x5 ?!" Some of my friends that knew my salary thought I must have been living like a king. Nope. Now we get to the point where "basic" expenses come into action. We used to spend too much money on non-esentials and additionally had to spend quite a lot of money to help our son(he's 100% fine now) so in general I was spending all I was earning and sometimes even more! I am using an app on my phone to monitor my expenses and I could not believe how much money I spent (at least I was aware where they were going :D). We were justifying our behaviour saying that when my wife gets back to work all her salary will be something extra and we could save it/invest it or start a business which was only partially true as with the incorrect mindest we could potentially be spending both salaries in the future.

So yes, you can earn quite decent amount of money and still have financial stress. After listening to your audiobook I and my wife had a conversation and "enough is enough" moment. We have planned our expenses for this month and we are going to spend like 80-85% of my monthly salary which already feels great.

Now it's time to set our numbers, hit 2X (which shouldn't be hard when my wife gets back to work) and then start moving towards passive 2X which is my ultimate goal.

Thank you one more time !! :)

Last edited:

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
@V8Bill I would like to thank you for providing us with so much value for free. I have listened to your audiobook while working out and I loved the 2X approach. I have always felt a bit overwhelmed thinkin about "millions I need to make to feel free" but you made me realise that my goal is much closer that I have ever thought.

About 4 years ago, when I realised I would become a father, I decided that my first financial goal would be earning enough money to let my wife stay at home with our son for the first 2-3 years which are crucial in terms of child development. I had graduated from a technical university with top grades but quickly realised I did not want to be a chemician :) So I did not have any useful skills for the marketplace and was earning a bit more than a minimum wage in my country. But I knew English and knew that they were paying well in IT sector. Long story short, I found a shitty corpo IT job where I was answering 5000 calls per year, improved my skills, moved to a different city and after 3 years stared earning minimum wage x5 which blew my mind at the beginning. As Jim Rohn used to say, the marketplace was about the same, prices were the same, politicians were the same, taxes were the same and my negative relatives were the same but I was not the same.

"Minimum wage x5 ?!" Some of my friends that knew my salary thought I must have been living like a king. Nope. Now we get to the point where "basic" expenses come into action. We used to spend too much money on non-essentials and additionally had to spend quite a lot of money to help our son(he's 100% fine now) so in general I was spending all I was earning and sometimes even more! I am using an app on my phone to monitor my expenses and I could not believe how much money I spent (at least I was aware where they were going :D). We were justifying our behaviour saying that when my wife gets back to work all her salary will be something extra and we could save it/invest it or start a business which was only partially true as with the incorrect mindset we could potentially be spending both salaries in the future.

So yes, you can earn quite decent amount of money and still have financial stress. After listening to your audiobook I and my wife had a conversation and "enough is enough" moment. We have planned our expenses for this month and we are going to spend like 80-85% of my monthly salary which already feels great.

Now it's time to set our numbers, hit 2X (which shouldn't be hard when my wife gets back to work) and then start moving towards passive 2X which is my ultimate goal.

Thank you one more time !! :)
Thank you for sharing that! You're a great example of how a simple shift in mindset can make an instant impact not only on your actual situation but also how you feel and think about your situation. Sometimes just knowing where you are on the wealth line can illuminate the journey ahead because now you know exactly what you need to do to re-balance your finances and exactly how much you need to achieve that feeling of wealth or at least control.

Great to hear, thanks for your valuable feedback and of course, you're welcome.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
@V8Bill ... I read your book this morning and thoroughly enjoyed it ! Good stuff mate !

Thank you for sharing.

I am NOT a marketing guy but, what if, you put your book on Amazon ? Run a promo to give it away or sell it for a buck for a period of time until you build up some great reviews. Then up the price and go from there.

Also, I know you said you want to separate yourself from the 'How to make a million" guys, but it seems a good fit may be to join with one of those guys and do speaking engagements.

Just some thoughts. Good luck and thanks again.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
@V8Bill ... I read your book this morning and thoroughly enjoyed it ! Good stuff mate !

Thank you for sharing.

I am NOT a marketing guy but, what if, you put your book on Amazon ? Run a promo to give it away or sell it for a buck for a period of time until you build up some great reviews. Then up the price and go from there.

Also, I know you said you want to separate yourself from the 'How to make a million" guys, but it seems a good fit may be to join with one of those guys and do speaking engagements.

Just some thoughts. Good luck and thanks again.
Thanks BG. Not sure if you did a search but it's been on Amazon for about 5 years and has dozens of fantastic reviews (although I could always do with more). I've tried various price ranges but this kind of book is very difficult to sell because no one searches for ways to improve their money mindset because no one thinks there's anything wrong with their money mindset. At this point it's dissolved into a labour of love. With Amazon's crazy new payment thresholds I can't remember the last time they sent me any commissions - it's been years.

The problem with teaming up with the "how to make money" guys is a question of their integrity. I'm not willing to pollute this book's integrity with a lack of their's. I've been in that circus before, years ago and the taint from being associated with a charleton isn't worth it but if approached I'd consider speaking to their audiences if I liked what they were doing but for now the payment of thanks and a nod I'm getting from you guys is keeping me satisfied.

I appreciate the suggestion and take it as a compliment though. Thanks.

Last edited:

paulmp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
407%
Jul 1, 2017
Western Australia
I just joined the forum today and have only just read this thread.. excellent post, I've downloaded your pdf. It is funny, I started reading the thread without looking at your profile and saw the part about the red shirt & greeting everyone at the door and said to myself, "this guy sounds like an Aussie".

I've run my business somewhat along the lines of your formula (although it all fell apart about 18 months ago), but it is awesome to see it written out like that and make so much sense. I'm in the process of rebuilding and the numbers I have written on my whiteboard are exactly 2x our living expenses (which are very modest as we have zero debt). Thank you for putting it into words, looking forward to reading your ebook.

Christopher777

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Jun 13, 2017
Manila, Philippines
I really believe this message is the reason I was placed on this earth.

Amazing story you got there man. I'm glad I saw your thread. Got the PDF, thank you.

Re quoted, throughout your post, this is what I personally related to the most. I believe we all have a calling. And I found mine, just last year.

Best of luck in your endeavors.

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
Absolutely fantastic. Congratulations!

So, back in 2004 I decided to do whatever it took to get myself to a 3 day wealth education seminar being held in Fiji. The tickets cost $2,000 plus I had to fly there and pay for my room (Sheraton) so I had to raise about $4,000. I was broke, I'd just lost my job in IT and I had no idea how I was going to get there. I'd been following this guy for about 10 months and had bought his home study program (yep, I was that guy) and all I knew was that I had to get to that event because I just knew I'd be able to network with others who were similar to me.

I managed to get there but it was tight (financially speaking), so tight that I couldn't afford the $100 (for charity) final dinner party. A few hours before the doors opened I decided that I couldn't afford not to go but only had about $165 left to my name. I was in a foreign country with very little cash and I was about to blow more than half of what I had left on a $100 dinner - had I lost my mind? Of COURSE I had to go. So I went downstairs, walked up to the greeting table and asked to buy a ticket. It was sold out.

I gasped and begged and there was nothing they could do - sold out. Refusing to take no for an answer I went back upstairs and put on my best flamed hot rod shirt and shorts and decided to just stand at the doors while everyone filed past me. I instructed the staff that if anyone cancelled I wanted to buy the ticket. The room filled while I stood at the door saying Hi to people as the walked in dressed to the nines. My flamed shirt stood out (I have photos) so there was much laughter. People even started pleaded for me to be let in to the staff but nope - sold out.

Then one of the older staff ladies at the desk winked and nodded me in - for free. So cool, I was bouncing. Took a deep breath let it out slowly and walked in (hands up who loves walking into parties alone) looked around and there was only one table left but it was completely empty. Apparently a whole table had cancelled so I had a spot...by myself...at a 12 person table...lol Oh well, better than nothing and I felt good that I was making fate my bitch.

Now, at that pointed I gave more than zero F*cks what people thought of me and I knew I'd feel like a total nork just sitting at a table by myself so I had to think fast. In an instant I formulated what I thought was a perfect plan. I'd mosy on to the buffet all stylish and casual like and grab a plate buying me the time needed for some people to walk in and sit at the big empty table. I'd walk up to them, ask them if this seat was taken and presto - I'd be networking.

Well, no one did. What ended up happening was in my nerves I ended up just piling more and more onto my plate until I had a mountain of food I could barely hold up with one hand. Fortunately just at that time a couple walked in and sat at the table so cool and casual I walked over, delivered my line. They looked at me, looked at all the food on my plate, chuckled and said "sure".

The ice breaker was my telling the story of the last few hours which had us all laughing. I asked "so, what do you do?" (MJ...you'll like this); "I sell insurance on the stock market". I'd only just had an intro seminar to options so selling credit Put spreads was totally foreign to me but sounded interesting so we spoke about that and he quickly explained. Fascinating.

So, where are you guys from? I asked. Ends up we live in the same city and not 3 suburbs from each other. I love shit like that. We had a great time, ended up quite pissed at the bar by the end of the night. Totally memorable night. Changed my life. Because, he'd written and was selling an e-book on his total strategy for $97 which he said he'd send me when the got back home in a few weeks. They were going to extend their tropical island stay beyond the seminar. This was before smart phones so I said cool but honestly I was a bit miffed because I wanted to read more about this "selling insurance" lark right now - not in "a few weeks". I wanted to take action. Lots of action.

When I got back home I was on fire. I felt like a lava ball being shot out of a canon in Fiji and shooting me all the way over the ocean to my home in South Australia where I exploded in a massive fireball of enthusiasm and super fired up (as one does). But I just couldn't wait 2 weeks to find out more. I wanted to know more immediately so I justified saving on the free dinner party and spent the $97 to buy the book. In the next 2 weeks I studied the book and looked up option prices in the newspaper, used my big white board to draw out pay-off diagrams until I understood how selling "insurance" to the stock market worked and I was fascinated.

When he got back I contacted him and he invited me around to his (super nice) house for a coffee. I could feel the big wheels turning and while there I asked if it was ok to ask him a few questions about his method. I wasn't sure how much someone like him would want to share so I started by asking him if he could share his watch-list with me. I knew how credit put spreads worked but wasn't sure which of the 200 top stocks I should be watching. "Sure, I only look at 12 anyway" he said and rattled them off. Major, major leap in understanding...I was taking leaps of learning.

"Is there any chance you could show or send me a few trades you've done before so I can kind of get a feel of how you do it exactly?" I asked tentatively, not knowing how far to push it. "I was going to anyway" he said "It's easier for me to show you anyway. Not only that, I'll go you one better I'll send you my next trade so you can follow along". I was gob smacked. Who does that?

So over the next few weeks he did that. Then, just out of the blue (and because of how incredibly helpful seeing his real trades was to me) I said "you know, I reckon people would pay to watch you trade". He asked me what I meant and I wasn't sure myself so I said "I don't know, maybe to an email list or something? Maybe a forum?" I can remember it as if it was yesterday. He got a real dark look on his face and said "no F*cking way. I'm not getting involved in no forum. They always end up in shit fights - 100% not interested". Ok, a bit of a kick in the balls but I knew the power of forums. I had run a few before and was a huge fan and I knew vBulletin so I made him this proposal.

"What if I run it for ya? I'll do absolutely every single thing. I'll be the website manager in charge of everything. All I'd need from you is the trades you're doing." He paused and stared at me right in the face for at least 10 seconds (count them out) and said "ok, let's do it. I have a buddy who's into marketing, we'll go thirds in a new company, my accountant will set it up.

The next few weeks were a whirlwind of logos, trust deeds and FTP but before the month was out we were live. It was crude but it worked and people were loving it. I was catapulted into being a director of a company that was making pure profit from day one. The only hard costs we had were a dedicated server (I'm ex-IT) and some artwork and other tiny costs. Marketing was a bit of a gift because he was in good with the guy who was running the Fiji seminars and in fact was there as an affiliate teaching the other affiliates on the 4th day all about his Selling insurance method" so we had access to dozens of eager traders.

We charged $97 for the e-book then if they wanted to watch him trade it was $97 a month or 12 months for $997 (buy 10 get 2 free). We never discounted and we never gave any away. That was a great lesson in posture. Rolls Royce don't have discounts, they have waiting lists. We didn't have waiting lists but we had a Rolls Royce. At that time no one was selling signals (that I was aware of) so I felt a bit like a pioneer. From day one it was a total blast.

We were pulling in thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars. I couldn't believe what was happening to me. They couldn't believe what was happening. Every day and often every hour I was being notified of either a new payment or another payment. We used simple Paypal subscriptions. I ran it for about 2 years and for most of that time my share after costs was regularly $20-30k per month. I even started to speak on stage myself (for the first time in my life) and I even ended up talking on the same stage in Fiji the next year. I received a standing ovation for my first public speech...ON THE WAY UP! Then another 20 seconds (at least) of loud clapping, cheering, whistling and wooting at the end and I finished on time and even won an award for "most on time speaker" because I finished almost to the second at the end of my allotted time slot (while every other speaker ran overtime). True story. The shot on my book is of me talking at that event.

So anyway after about 2 years I decided to exit. We'd given 10% share to a guy with a computer science degree to handle all the tech, some months he alone was making $10k for his share. $100k was about our biggest month. I did my sums and thought my 1/3 share was worth (little finger stuck in the corner of my mouth) $1 MILLION dollars! They laughed and they laughed and they laughed...oh how they laughed. Their estimate was about $100k (more money than I'd ever seen in my bank account) but I held on and eventually got $650,000 for my share. I have permission from them to share this when I was writing my book about what happened to me next so it's a matter of public record.

January 1st 2007 I was staring at $650,000 cash in my trust's bank account. I like writing and playing with words amuses me but it's not easy to convey how that felt. I was the class clown, the guy who would've been voted least likely to be considered for to be printed on the ballot of the list of most likely to fail. Average C grade student and my life up until then was one great big throbbing example of what happens when you don't pay attention at school and just F*ck around like it's some big joke - so off to the factory life I went. By the time I'd left the work force in 2005 I'd counted at least 65 different jobs from street sweeper, burger flipper, truck driver, welder, pushing petrol/gas into cars, unemployed many, many times. Just a general working bum.

Anyway, as interesting as that story was, it's what happened after that that's the real story here. Imagine how rich I felt. There was not a shop, department store or car yard I could walk into that sold anything I could not afford. I could buy anything for sale in my city. Even a house or two if I wanted.

The story isn't really about what I've done with the money since then as that's a million little stories but the biggest thing I discovered was that I felt like a millionaire. I felt rich, really really rich! Nothing financial bothered me. All financial stress had immediately been lifted off my shoulders. I bought a supercharged V8 car and drove around the country up and down totally lost half the time with no aims or goals other than to thrash the bejeesus out of my very powerful (ex race) car and hunt down winding roads along the eastern states of Australia. I did that until I blew the engine, rebuilt it for $20k then eventually snaked my way back home.

Over the next few months I entertained anyone who'd listen while I regaled stories of my new found "Urban Wealth" (as I'd coined it) and freedom. Then something started to raise itself in a theme in all my stories and people started to really dig my message. You just don't need to be a millionaire to feel rich or wealthy. Sure there's always room for more money but as far as how much it takes to make you feel like a rich dude or dudette it's far less and financial freedom was much closer than I'd ever imagined because even up to the point of my exit I believed that unless you're a millionaire you're not (nor should you call yourself) a millionaire and everyone knows you have to be a millionaire to be free - right. Wrong.

Anyway, over the next few years as I bumped into and spoke to more and more people about my story (not forced onto anyone - but I was asked about it a lot) people started saying "man you should write a book about this". It wasn't so much about the story of how I made the money but I'd come up with a little formula to try to explain to people how much money you needed (as a minimum) to feel wealthy. I called it "The 2X Method" (pronounced two ex - not two times) and here it is, my own little global formula for wealth.

My global and universal formula for wealth is this;

2X=F/(H+P)

Legend:
X = Essential Expenses
F = Freedom
H = Hobbies
P = Passions

Basically this...

All you need is double your essential expenses (2X) as income to feel wealthy, have the financial freedom to indulge your hobbies, pursue your passions and live an exciting, satisfying and interesting life.

It's so simple. You don't need to be a millionaire to be or feel wealthy. However if you do become a millionaire that's awesome too but just make sure you never spend more than half your income on essential expenses or you'll just feel poor again no matter how much money you're making. I call it "bouncing off broke". If you think it sucks being broke on your current income it's even worse being broke as a millionaire.

I believe (know) that wealth isn't measured by how much money you have. Wealth is measured by how far you are from financial stress. Keep that in mind as you travel down your path to wealth and you'll get there much quicker and can stay there if you like. As long as you have no financial stress you'll feel wealthy. I know this for a fact, have bounced the concept of over 1,000 active entrepreneurs and with an over 99.8% success rate of transforming and influencing people's money mindset, I know I'm onto something.

So, the book I wrote is now (self published), getting great reviews and I'm changing lives. That feels so cool. Anyway, I'm not here to sell anything because I want to actually give you guys the whole book to (hopefully) enjoy. Not only that, I recorded myself reading the book and am super proud to also offer you the audio book as well.

iphone_book-covers-600x464-png.14975

If you want to listen to me reading the entire book to you just click here. It's a 250mb zip file that contains the PDF and the entire audio-book as an MP3 (recorded on a Blue Yeti for audiophiles) which only takes 150 minutes to read. I call it "movie length". It's best listened to in a single sitting, without distractions, preferably staring out a window with a headset. Try not to stop and start it.

Or click here to open the PDF. I will not make any money by doing this but I don't think it fair that my marketing skills (or lack there of) to stand in the way between this important message and you. I'm guessing I'll pick it up on the karmo-go-round later

Thank you @MJ DeMarco for providing us this forum. I came across your book way after I wrote mine (it was finished in it's first form in 2010) I knew we were sympatico and that's why I hang out here. So now it's my turn, this is my gift to you all.

I'd like nothing better than discuss anything and everything so ask away - it's my most favourite thing to talk about, my aim is to speak on stages and podcasts around the world wherever active entrepreneurs gather as I really believe this message is the reason I was placed on this earth (if there is such a thing). I don't mind giving it away to you guys because I know that many of you will dig it.

Ask me anything. It's a great story with loads of great and often eye opening lessons - and I love telling it.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
I just joined the forum today and have only just read this thread.. excellent post, I've downloaded your pdf. It is funny, I started reading the thread without looking at your profile and saw the part about the red shirt & greeting everyone at the door and said to myself, "this guy sounds like an Aussie".

I've run my business somewhat along the lines of your formula (although it all fell apart about 18 months ago), but it is awesome to see it written out like that and make so much sense. I'm in the process of rebuilding and the numbers I have written on my whiteboard are exactly 2x our living expenses (which are very modest as we have zero debt). Thank you for putting it into words, looking forward to reading your ebook.

Amazing story you got there man. I'm glad I saw your thread. Got the PDF, thank you.

Re quoted, throughout your post, this is what I personally related to the most. I believe we all have a calling. And I found mine, just last year.

Best of luck in your endeavors.

Absolutely fantastic. Congratulations!
Thank you very much guys. Bumping this for new people to grab a copy if they haven't done so. Thank you also for the many rep$ you're all sending me. It means a lot that my story and subsequent findings are resonating with so many of you.

By the way, I'd love to hear from you in this thread once you've listened to the audio book or read the PDF. Was it what you expected? Did you discover anything new that's transformed the way you think about money and measure your own wealth? Have you shared the formula with others? If you have, was it easy to teach?

Feedback is my payment for this thread and I loves getting paid. :)

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
Your story is incredibly amazing, value is the be all and end all of this matrix, as it is indeed the core of building, not only success, but greatness - greatness in your own life AND the life of others and that is the B.e.s.t feeling in the world.

Thank you for your story. Keep up the excellent work in all your endeavours.

G

Guest06196

Hey mate

I have to admit your 2X isn't too impressive. My grandparents practice 5X (at least) and my mother, sometimes considered wasteful by them, already does 2X.

But everything else is great. I'm setting my goals to ASAP now. And thanks for reminding me big money comes fast. I'm still pursuing my fastlane but it's hard in the process, especially when I'm approaching 40. You give me hope!

Your audiobook is of high and commercial quality. I've bought a lot of audiobooks and yours can definitely fetch a good price. Thank you! :clap::

Last edited by a moderator:

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Thanks. I will buy the book next month :)

No need to buy anything. I'm giving it away free right here. Just click the blue links and download the audiobook or ebook in the OP (original post) of this thread.

Last edited:

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Hey mate

I have to admit your 2X isn't too impressive. My grandparents practice 5X (at least) and my mother, sometimes considered wasteful by them, already does 2X.
Thanks for your feedback. I must put some extra work into getting the message across because I think you might have missed it. There is nothing more powerful than 2X. 3X, 5X, 10X or one million ex; it's all the same thing and (in the context of my message) all as powerful as each other. Once you've escaped financial stress, you've escaped financial stress. It's not a money making book so more isn't better. Once you're out of gaol (jail) can you be any "more" out of jail? No. Out is out, just as free is free. If you read the chapter on the 3 pocket money money management system I suggest that anything made over and above 2X goes straight in the bank to build a lifetime's supply of cash so if someone makes more than 2X it's no more "impressive" than someone making "just" 2X. Once you've cleared 2X you'll feel as financial free as you'll ever feel. That's kind of the massive point of the book.

The never ending chase for more and more and more and more is dismissed as folly when searching for4 financial freedom. Another more after that is accumulation and the book (and my message) isn't about how to accumulate more than someone, it's about escaping financial stress and both your mother and your grandmother had done that equally.

Your audiobook is of high and commercial quality. I've bought a lot of audiobooks and yours can definitely fetch a good price. Thank you!
Thanks, I put a lot of effort into the audio quality because nothing hurts my ears more than poor quality especially when good quality is only a care away. Sadly the price of an audio-book isn't determined by it's quality but by it's marketing or marketability. Otherwise I'd be able to sell mine for $1,000 a pop.

That'd be nice.

Appreciate your feedback. I hope your enjoy our country.

Last edited:

Sequential

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 8, 2017
UK
No need to buy anything. I'm giving it away free right here. Just click the blue links and download the audiobook or ebook in the OP (original post) of this thread.
Nah, I like to purchase things I find valuable.

Also (and I don't know if you know this, but it rings true for me) when you get something for free you tend to devalue it, and the information it includes!

I split tested that on a book and it is very true... thousands of people will download something that is free but more people actually read the third chapter who bought it for £6.99 than the thousands more who got it for free did!

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Just pretend you paid for it. It's all mental. If you value it you value it. You don't have to buy it to value it. If you insist you can buy it after you've read it but if Tony Robbins was to want to speak to me for free I wouldn't not allow him to do so just because he didn't want any money from me. All the comments and reviews from the people above should give you a hint that it's worth wasting 2.5 hours to sit and listen to it.

I appreciate you want to pay me but frankly I'm more interested in offering it as a gift than I am in making dollars from members here so please, download it and enjoy it. It has value - trust me.

Last edited:

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Thank You :)
You're welcome.

I sure would love to hear from you guys who have downloaded the book. Have you read/listened to it? What was your biggest take away? Those of you who downloaded it a while ago; has it had a lasting effect or did you forget you downloaded it and haven't read or listened to it yet? Enquiring minds want to know ;-)

In other news; two boxes filled with 100 real books (with the new cover design) arrived recently! I'm self published through Ingram Spark*. There's nothing like holding your own real book in your hand. I've been busy giving them away to anyone who seems interested in my story as I mention it in my day to day travels. I always keep a half dozen in the boot (trunk) of my car. People are really surprised to see it. Feels good.

Budding authors reading this...push on. Get that book printed!

* Ingram spark is the self publishing arm (for self published authors) of Ingram Books who are the parent company of Lightning Source who traditionally/originally printed B2B books for publishing houses.
ultimate-money-mindset-by-bill-stacy-real-books-arrive.jpg

Inuc

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Jul 14, 2014
Nigeria
I don't know if this is allowed her WTF(sorry for that).
Just started listening to this audio and one word alone AWESOME, nice production (am definitely listening to it more than once). The intro is badass "can you give me a precise dollar amount", the intro seem to be targeted at me and am glad to be listening to it.

Thanks to both @MJ DeMarco(for his ebooks and this forum) and @V8Bill (thanks for sharing this)

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Just started listening to this audio and one word alone AWESOME, nice production (am definitely listening to it more than once). The intro is badass "can you give me a precise dollar amount", the intro seem to be targeted at me and am glad to be listening to it.
Haha, you're welcome, glad to hear it's resonating with you. Yes, I tried to set very high production values. Thanks for noticing.

Sorry, what do you mean by a precise dollar amount? Either I'm having a senior moment or I'm not grasping the reference.

Happy to answer any questions.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.