The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Software engineer working on a few ideas

joco

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Sep 28, 2017
USA
I'm working on a dating app with my brother (getever.app), a todo list mostly to keep me focused and productive (taskerr.com until I think of a name and build a landing page), and a coding career coaching service (nextlevelcoder.com - working on getting the site up) to help others learn to code or level up their coding career (coding is the most fun job I've had and a great source of revenue).
Would love your thoughts and insights.
It seems I'm great at getting things started but have a tough time getting them adopted which is why I'm skewing toward easier and easier to start projects (to focus on the launch.)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

thehighlander

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Dec 31, 2016
California
Sounds like you're trying things that have already been successful, which at least shows there is a market. Is there something unique or way better about your apps?

olli_23

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Dec 14, 2021
I find the idea of the 3 minute call with someone quite good. I never saw this in other apps. Haven't been in the dating scene in the last 8 years though, so I might be out of date :)

When I read through some of the reviews on the iOS app it seems the app didn't quite work as expected for quite a few of them. Maybe that is something you can try to get fixed?

How did you get your new users up until now?

joco

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Sep 28, 2017
USA
Sounds like you're trying things that have already been successful, which at least shows there is a market. Is there something unique or way better about your apps?
Unfortunately nothing is successful yet.
The dating app: Has you meet people instead of messaging.
The todo app: Has you plan your day, then focus on one task at a time to minimize context switching and keep you productive.
The coaching: I have a good coding career but no clients for coaching yet (still working on trying to get the site up.) I tried launching a coding bootcamp online but unfortunately it didn't take off.

avafab

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jan 23, 2017
Italy
Unfortunately nothing is successful yet.
The dating app: Has you meet people instead of messaging.
The todo app: Has you plan your day, then focus on one task at a time to minimize context switching and keep you productive.
The coaching: I have a good coding career but no clients for coaching yet (still working on trying to get the site up.) I tried launching a coding bootcamp online but unfortunately it didn't take off.
Why are these apps not getting traction?

joco

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Sep 28, 2017
USA
Why are these apps not getting traction?
Dating app: network effect.
Todo list: Haven't marketed or made a launch page for it.
The coaching: Still building.
The bootcamp: Everything I made in tuition I spent in ads. So I was running it for free.

suvv

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Dec 12, 2015
I really like the idea of a 3 minute call dating app.
I just reached the "idea" portion of TMF so I won't fully comment, but that definitely brings something new to the table.

joco

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Sep 28, 2017
USA
I really like the idea of a 3 minute call dating app.
I just reached the "idea" portion of TMF so I won't fully comment, but that definitely brings something new to the table.
Thanks. I'm building it with my brother. We're going to do a big (for us) marketing push in one city in a few weeks. Hopefully it'll get momentum.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...