The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

So I just registerd a B+ .com name, whats next for my theoretical product?

Kokaka

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Aug 9, 2019
So as some of you have seen I'm in the Beauty industry and have flirting with the idea of making a brand of cosmetics. Just for fun, I was cheking some domain names and a B+ .com name came up for my theoretical brand name which was avaliable. I have also been tinkering to include some special ingredients which is very popular at the moment and am wanting to make a brand around those and center my Product around it. Then I Went to check on Amazon and there is only 1 seller there who sells the product with the ingredient, and he does not have a dedicated name or brand centre around it.
So, I understand I have to call some manufacturers and see if they can make what I want and get it fda approved. Lets say I manage to do all that and get able to create the cosmetic brand. What should be the next step? Opening an online store and use the brand name, go to amazon or sell through social media. Im new to eCommerce so if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Recently there's a few threads on this, specifically cosmetics.
Perhaps they'll give you direction.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
So as some of you have seen I'm in the Beauty industry and have flirting with the idea of making a brand of cosmetics. Just for fun, I was cheking some domain names and a B+ .com name came up for my theoretical brand name which was avaliable. I have also been tinkering to include some special ingredients which is very popular at the moment and am wanting to make a brand around those and center my Product around it. Then I Went to check on Amazon and there is only 1 seller there who sells the product with the ingredient, and he does not have a dedicated name or brand centre around it.
So, I understand I have to call some manufacturers and see if they can make what I want and get it fda approved. Lets say I manage to do all that and get able to create the cosmetic brand. What should be the next step? Opening an online store and use the brand name, go to amazon or sell through social media. Im new to eCommerce so if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.
Are you asking about e-commerce or about branding and manufactoring?
You can sell without producing and you can produce and sell, so I`m not sure what your goal is.

Kokaka

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Aug 9, 2019
Do that first.
Seems logical. I was just so happy I was ably to get such a great .com name that I was thinking too far ahead. I will do this first, keep the name till later.
Are you asking about e-commerce or about branding and manufactoring?
You can sell without producing and you can produce and sell, so I`m not sure what your goal is.
Ecommerce. Just was thinking to far ahead since this is a new area for me. But I will take it easy, save the name and see what Im able to do during the summer. Then when I have the foundation build I will come back again for advice.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Seems logical. I was just so happy I was ably to get such a great .com name that I was thinking too far ahead. I will do this first, keep the name till later.

Ecommerce. Just was thinking to far ahead since this is a new area for me. But I will take it easy, save the name and see what Im able to do during the summer. Then when I have the foundation build I will come back again for advice.
Is the .com name memorable enough and appealing enough to your target audience to use it as a brand name. That would be ideal, and you could then build on that.

If the .com name is not suitable as a brand name, you should give a lot of thought to the brand name before you proceed further. You must also think about color choices, website layout, logo, labeling, and packaging as well as finding a manufacturer.

Consistency throughout the branding process is important. The name, the logo, the label, the slogan, the color, the font - even the website layout must be consistent. To develop a brand that has a positive emotional response, where else would you start other than with a brand name that homes in on the wants and other emotional desires of your target market?

Two of the most effective brand name choices that I list in my labeling book among about 60 names of successful brands ( or ones that I invented for the purpose of illustration) are:

IMMORTAL: Guess what they are selling? Face cream? No! Beauty and Defeat, of ageing.
RODD and GUNN: Are they selling sporting equipment? No, they are targeting a very elite class of the landed gentry and they are selling clothing. The gentry would not pick up a gun or a rod unless they are wearing the most expensive brand of sports jacket, and the requisite old school tie. Note the clever use of an extra d and an extra n.

One of the most important things for you to understand from the beginning is that although emotional triggers outsell facts in all kinds of product marketing, that is especially the case when selling cosmetics.

Regarding manufacturers, don't search for private label suppliers. If you do you will finish up the same product as hundreds or thousands of others.

Walter

Kokaka

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Aug 9, 2019
Is the .com name memorable enough and appealing enough to your target audience to use it as a brand name. That would be ideal, and you could then build on that.

If the .com name is not suitable as a brand name, you should give a lot of thought to the brand name before you proceed further. You must also think about color choices, website layout, logo, labeling, and packaging as well as finding a manufacturer.

Consistency throughout the branding process is important. The name, the logo, the label, the slogan, the color, the font - even the website layout must be consistent. To develop a brand that has a positive emotional response, where else would you start other than with a brand name that homes in on the wants and other emotional desires of your target market?

Two of the most effective brand name choices that I list in my labeling book among about 60 names of successful brands ( or ones that I invented for the purpose of illustration) are:

IMMORTAL: Guess what they are selling? Face cream? No! Beauty and Defeat, of ageing.
RODD and GUNN: Are they selling sporting equipment? No, they are targeting a very elite class of the landed gentry and they are selling clothing. The gentry would not pick up a gun or a rod unless they are wearing the most expensive brand of sports jacket, and the requisite old school tie. Note the clever use of an extra d and an extra n.

One of the most important things for you to understand from the beginning is that although emotional triggers outsell facts in all kinds of product marketing, that is especially the case when selling cosmetics.

Regarding manufacturers, don't search for private label suppliers. If you do you will finish up the same product as hundreds or thousands of others.

Walter
Yes the .com name is going to be the brand name, and its a good one. I have also a good manufacturer I am going to call as from my understanding, they do all the labeling, packagin etc for you and their products is 100% organic with recycled plastic containers.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
What should be the next step? Opening an online store and use the brand name, go to amazon or sell through social media. Im new to eCommerce so if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

If you have discovered an available domain name that fits the bill then register it NOW if you haven't already.

I've searched for names on many occasions and then found a great one only to discover that it mysteriously got 'snapped up' a day after I discovered it if I've left it in my basket and not completed checkout. Call me paranoid but I swear some of these domain register companies must compile a list of domains added to their baskets and sell that data on. Either that or I'm sending out cosmic waves of intention. Mmmm [note to self], if its the latter don a foil hat next time just to be on the safe side.

Kokaka

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Aug 9, 2019
If you have discovered an available domain name that fits the bill then register it NOW if you haven't already.

I've searched for names on many occasions and then found a great one only to discover that it mysteriously got 'snapped up' a day after I discovered it if I've left it in my basket and not completed checkout. Call me paranoid but I swear some of these domain register companies must compile a list of domains added to their baskets and sell that data on. Either that or I'm sending out cosmic waves of intention. Mmmm [note to self], if its the latter don a foil hat next time just to be on the safe side.
Thanks. Got me paranoid there for a minute. Picked up the domain now for 40 euros.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Yeah, I swear I’ve seen domain names get taken just because I checked for their availability. Can’t prove it, but it’s enough for me to only search when I want something and to purchase when I find something suitable.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Yeah, I swear I’ve seen domain names get taken just because I checked for their availability. Can’t prove it, but it’s enough for me to only search when I want something and to purchase when I find something suitable.

Glad I'm not alone on that one. :rofl:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria

Be 100% sure that thats whats happening.
There are certain metrics which domain name sellers track. Domain name search being chief among them.
Its not a coincidence, they actually do register and re-sell highly sought after domains.
Chances are that the domain you wanted to register was already checked lets say 10 times in the past 2 weeks(made up time scale, but you get the point)

Search driven upselling is a real thing.
Ever noticed how a flight seat changes its price if you search for the flight one too many times?

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Yes the .com name is going to be the brand name, and its a good one. I have also a good manufacturer I am going to call as from my understanding, they do all the labeling, packagin etc for you and their products is 100% organic with recycled plastic containers.
Manufacturers who do the labeling for you invariably have a design department to design the labeling.

If you go with that you lose control of a critically important part of the process. Their designs will possibly be pretty, but rarely have I seen them done with the emotional appeal built in. They choose colors, design, font, label type, usually based on what they have done previously for other customers like you.

Join the crowd, or stand out. The choice is yours. Don't waste the value of a good domain/brand name.

Walter

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.