The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
Caught an article today that reminded me of process vs. event.

Why Small Wins Matter

Most of us start with monumental aspirations - place our event neatly at our bow, and soon find ourselves paddling frantically against a sea of overwhelm, kicked up as the headwinds of process pound a billion waves in our face.

Eyes watering against the drying wind, waves crashing, we paddle. Each intentional thrust of the paddle is an action. Sometimes our paddle misses and we get sideways. Sometimes it bites and thrusts the boat forward - and for a moment, we win. The event, the shoreline - still a long way off, but each small win with the paddle inches us toward it.

Don’t get lost in the sea of overwhelm. Aim that paddle, thrust that boat toward the shore. Take those small wins, thrust that paddle back into the sea and take another.

My small wins for today -

- Finished up inventory documents as materials cross the ocean.

- Stopped by the bank to clarify transfer information for a supplier that was reluctant to ship because they were looking for a SWIFT document that didn’t exist. Turns out they only needed a screenshot showing confirmation number. Material shipped.

- Set up a conference call for Monday to go over production schedule and inventory with the manufacturer.

- Finally gathered and totaled business expenses from 2018, ready for the CPA.

My setbacks for today -

- QuingMing holiday is slowing down shipping, might push back material arrival. In particular, the supplier that shipped late because of the transfer confusion.

What were yours?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
Reminds me of the MF CEO podcast & how Andy Frisella talks about "test days" (and test moments)--how you win & build inner strength when you do hard tasks even though you'd rather do anything else.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.