Some people are great communicators and can talk to absolutely anyone, and some suck at it. I'm the latter. I'm trying to get better.
Here are a few tips that I wrote down so far from asking the 'natural' communicators and searching the forum:
- While the other person is still talking, already start thinking about what you're going to say next.
- If the person has kids, ask about them.
- Ask the other party questions and get them to talk about themselves.
- Use the person's name as much as possible (from how to make friends and influence people).
I've used them all and had moderate success. But not knowing what to say next still happens to me and is not the best feeling in the world. Are there anymore tricks like above?
(I realize that practice is paramount in achieving this but I'm trying to make that practice more productive.)
Here are a few tips that I wrote down so far from asking the 'natural' communicators and searching the forum:
- While the other person is still talking, already start thinking about what you're going to say next.
- If the person has kids, ask about them.
- Ask the other party questions and get them to talk about themselves.
- Use the person's name as much as possible (from how to make friends and influence people).
I've used them all and had moderate success. But not knowing what to say next still happens to me and is not the best feeling in the world. Are there anymore tricks like above?
(I realize that practice is paramount in achieving this but I'm trying to make that practice more productive.)
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
