The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

simpleinvoices.io - Cool invoicing tool

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I was on a demo call with someone yesterday and they sent this email:
ilVKm73.png

I clicked the link and ended up here:
CRLYpo6.png

I paid nice and easily.

I was so impressed I checked out the tool:
QfBMXPG.png

tWvzMNu.png

Notes:
  1. I can't see an explanation of where the money goes when a client pays an invoice, or how long it takes. I've sent a quick query via the HelpScout messenger popup. (I didn't know HelpScout had messenger popup things. I've been meaning to check out HelpScout for a while.)
  2. No advertising needed. I signed up as a paying customer to a service and liked the invoice. I saw from the URL that it was simpleinvoices.io so went to check it out. I like (the look of) it so much I've shared it in here. Productocracy anyone?
  3. Who's going to see the invoices? People willing to pay money for something. That's a "demonstrated cashflow". Clever.

Here's a link (non-affiliate of course!):
https://simpleinvoices.io

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
There's also tinyinvoice.net which is free and easy to use. I've been using it for almost two years now.

enkay

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Aug 10, 2012
Canada
Hey Andy,

I'm actually the founder of Simple Invoices, thank you very much for the positive feedback!

And thank you for letting me know about this thread, it's been a while since I visited the forums but I'm a big fan of the book!

To answer your question, when you get paid through Stripe, they will deposit the money in your bank account after 2 business days. With PayPal, it varies, but usually the money will be available in your PayPal balance almost immediately and you can then initiate a transfer to your bank account.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hey Andy,

I'm actually the founder of Simple Invoices, thank you very much for the positive feedback!

And thank you for letting me know about this thread, it's been a while since I visited the forums but I'm a big fan of the book!

To answer your question, when you get paid through Stripe, they will deposit the money in your bank account after 2 business days. With PayPal, it varies, but usually the money will be available in your PayPal balance almost immediately and you can then initiate a transfer to your bank account.

Whoa. I didn't expect that you were already a forum member!

When did you found Simple Invoices? How's it going?

Guest921Y

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Apr 2, 2019
Hey Andy,

Is that cool or what?!?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

enkay

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Aug 10, 2012
Canada
Whoa. I didn't expect that you were already a forum member!

When did you found Simple Invoices? How's it going?

I officially "launched" it as Simple Invoices in February 2015, which was a bit of a pivot on another app I was doing before. Invoicing was originally just an add-on feature to a main product, but it seemed to be the most popular use of the product so I removed the other features and focused on invoices.

It was more of a side project for a while and then inJanuary 2017 I started working on it more as it was getting some traction organically. People just seem to love it and share it with others like you just did!

As you found out, I did a few video updates on YouTube a few year ago but unfortunately I didn't continue. For some reason it felt lame at the time, but I wish I had continued to document the progress in that way now. So instead I started a new side project which I'm documenting on Instagram, I'm on episode 12!

enkay

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Aug 10, 2012
Canada
I currently use Wave Financial: Financial Software for Small Businesses . Their invoices are also really simple imo plus it's free.

What advantages do you guys have over them?

Wave is a great tool if you need all the bells and whistles of an accounting solution. Personally I'm not a fan of the looks of it and I find the app to be unbearably slow. They also lock you in to their platform because you have to use their payment processing. You can't easily move your card data to a different provider in the future.

I really like simplicity and I don't think that more features is better. Ideally I want a product to only have the exact features I need and that's been my goal with Simple Invoices. We also don't lock you in to our platform, the payments and credit cards get saved on your own Stripe or PayPal accounts.

My goal is to offer the best invoicing experience for both the users and their clients. There's a reason our invoices get paid in less than 24h on average and the word of mouth is so strong. I'm not into knocking competitors, but depending on your needs, free is not always the best option.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Wave is a great tool if you need all the bells and whistles of an accounting solution. Personally I'm not a fan of the looks of it and I find the app to be unbearably slow. They also lock you in to their platform because you have to use their payment processing. You can't easily move your card data to a different provider in the future.

I really like simplicity and I don't think that more features is better. Ideally I want a product to only have the exact features I need and that's been my goal with Simple Invoices. We also don't lock you in to our platform, the payments and credit cards get saved on your own Stripe or PayPal accounts.

My goal is to offer the best invoicing experience for both the users and their clients. There's a reason our invoices get paid in less than 24h on average and the word of mouth is so strong. I'm not into knocking competitors, but depending on your needs, free is not always the best option.
I really like simple, fit-for-purpose apps. I’m using Freshbooks with Stripe and keep having to raise support tickets about core functionality (recurring invoices just not being sent, a list of overdue invoices showing some invoices as overdue when they’re not, etc). This was all after an upgrade that gave me fancy graphs I didn’t want (and can’t turn off!). I feel businesses should recognise what their core/center is and make sure they do that right.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.