The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Vlog: The Road To 1K MRR

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

enkay

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Aug 10, 2012
Canada
About 1.5 years ago I launched an invoicing web app called Simple Invoices. I didn't do much marketing other than telling a few friends about it but somehow it got picked up on Product Hunt anyway.

It has a few paying users and together they processed over a million USD in transactions during the month of September.

I want to grow this business and I've decided to document the process in a YouTube vlog. I've just released the first 3 videos and I thought people on this forum might find it interesting.

I'm open to feedback on both the videos and the website/app so please let me know what you think.

Here are the links:
The Road To 1K MRR: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuGvAVaurcFsIdmtwxHdaryijoAmjQs0y
Simple Invoices: https://simpleinvoices.io

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mistersam

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Oct 15, 2015
Paris
Hello enkay,

Nice initiative, i'll follow your video journey, hope you'll be regular.

Just one question : don't you think that your monthly plan is too cheap for the SimplesInvoices service ? Maybe you should offer another plan (25$ or 30$) with better functionalities...

Good luck

enkay

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Aug 10, 2012
Canada
Hello enkay,

Nice initiative, i'll follow your video journey, hope you'll be regular.

Just one question : don't you think that your monthly plan is too cheap for the SimplesInvoices service ? Maybe you should offer another plan (25$ or 30$) with better functionalities...

Good luck

Thanks for the feedback!

Pricing is always a bit tricky. You don't want to leave money on the table but you also don't want to turn away customers. It seems like other invoicing services have their entry level plans in low 10s so I have to remain competitive. I also think it's a great value at that price and there is money to be made even at a $10 price point, it's another industry but about a third of Buffer's MRR comes from their $10 plan.

Source: https://buffer.baremetrics.com/plans

I would be interested to offer a more expensive plan but considering the product direction is to keep things simple, I was thinking of removing the branding at the bottom of invoices for a higher price instead of adding more features which would make the app bloated. That being said I'm not too eager to do that either as these "powered by" links can bring in quite a bit of referrals. I would have to measure that first and make sure that the referrals are not bringing in more than the increased price point would.

Source: https://www.groovehq.com/blog/powered-by

Let me know what you think of the content, whether or not you find it interesting, or informative, etc.

Thanks!

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
Looking forward to following your journey!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.