The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Sign me up?! Or FYRE / Theranos Part 2?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
This looks freaking awesome.

I'd drop $70K on one in a heartbeat... 0 to 60 in 2.9seconds, great range, why spend $500K on a Aventador SV?

nikola_badger_hero-85236f543b587fb9e4cf142c5d6a60396eb8397c3dff1148904dcf4b01092a6f.jpg

That said, why do I get the feeling I'm looking at something very FYREish? Like a Theranos Part 2? I find the name NIKOLA (vs TESLA) to be a bit amateurish, like someone's being cute.

Lots of promises. But zero revenue. A "blank check" company, created for investment or acquisition.

2020-06-17-Fundamentals.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
As far as I know they've been around for at least a few years. At first they wanted to manufacture semis if I remember correctly. Doesn't look legitimate at all compared to Rivian which has some serious investors, working prototypes, and should go into production by the end of this year.

G

Guest1413tpa

As far as I know they've been around for at least a few years. At first they wanted to manufacture semis if I remember correctly. Doesn't look legitimate at all compared to Rivian which has some serious investors, working prototypes, and should go into production by the end of this year.

This right here. Rivian has a plant also.

GrayCode

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
399%
Nov 23, 2015
@MJ DeMarco This is one of the companies that paid off huge for me in another thread I posted that you recently commented on here.

I've since sold because I got in really early and sold when the stock was around 85 or so. But I did plenty of DD before investing and I believe they're very legitimate.

- Anheuser-Busch signed a binding agreement to order 800M worth of semi-trucks from them.
- They're producing semi's in Europe as early as the beginning of 2021.
- They announced a couple of deals that will be a few times larger than the AB deal (but no names yet)
- They make money not only on the sale of Semi's but also on their Hydrogen network which they'll be unrolling as new routes come 'online'

On top of this:

- They have those Badgers that are coming out and will be shown on June 29th. Timeline I'm thinking is in 2021.
- They have off-road ATVs coming
- They have Waverunners coming

an interesting thing I also found when digging deeper was they apparently have a VP of defense at their company. Meaning it's possible they could be playing ball with the DOD in the future.

Again, I no longer have a position here but I got really really early as you can see detailed here:
EXECUTION - Timing & Execution During the 2020 Market Crash. 400% gains. My story.

Edit: adding image
Edit 2: I agree, maybe childish naming the company after the first name of Nikola Tesla. But I found it to be really strategic and KNEW that this would be a reason it gets mentioned in the same breath as Tesla in the media and I proved to be right. Someone on CNBC the other day asked Trevor Milton (CEO, now Exec. Chairman)

how does it feel to be 2nd coming of Elon Musk

Which laughably is not even close imo. But proved my original thesis on the name and how media would react

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
If you’re interested in learning about the EV industry this book is a great primer:

Amazon.com: Insane Mode: How Elon Musk's Tesla Sparked an Electric Revolution to End the Age of Oil eBook: McKenzie, Hamish: Kindle Store

Nikola has been around a while with a focus on Semis (they sued Tesla in 2016 for allegedly stealing their designs). Their current valuation is bonkers but when it comes to new entrants in automotive, this is kind of necessary because of how capital intensive the EV and automotive industry is.

I think the stock is overvalued, but Nikolas chances of success are probably as high as Rivian and Lucid, but not as high as Tesla, IMO

Sean P

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 4, 2014
0 to 60 in 2.9 seconds...is faster than you can say it! What does it run on, aviation fuel!

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007