The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

OFF-TOPIC Sign me up?! Or FYRE / Theranos Part 2?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
This looks freaking awesome.

I'd drop $70K on one in a heartbeat... 0 to 60 in 2.9seconds, great range, why spend $500K on a Aventador SV?

nikola_badger_hero-85236f543b587fb9e4cf142c5d6a60396eb8397c3dff1148904dcf4b01092a6f.jpg

That said, why do I get the feeling I'm looking at something very FYREish? Like a Theranos Part 2? I find the name NIKOLA (vs TESLA) to be a bit amateurish, like someone's being cute.

Lots of promises. But zero revenue. A "blank check" company, created for investment or acquisition.

2020-06-17-Fundamentals.png

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MTF

Never give up
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 1, 2011
As far as I know they've been around for at least a few years. At first they wanted to manufacture semis if I remember correctly. Doesn't look legitimate at all compared to Rivian which has some serious investors, working prototypes, and should go into production by the end of this year.

MrTrash757

Resident Trash Panda
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 31, 2020
Grand Rapids, MI
As far as I know they've been around for at least a few years. At first they wanted to manufacture semis if I remember correctly. Doesn't look legitimate at all compared to Rivian which has some serious investors, working prototypes, and should go into production by the end of this year.

This right here. Rivian has a plant also.

GrayCode

FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Nov 23, 2015
@MJ DeMarco This is one of the companies that paid off huge for me in another thread I posted that you recently commented on here.

I've since sold because I got in really early and sold when the stock was around 85 or so. But I did plenty of DD before investing and I believe they're very legitimate.

- Anheuser-Busch signed a binding agreement to order 800M worth of semi-trucks from them.
- They're producing semi's in Europe as early as the beginning of 2021.
- They announced a couple of deals that will be a few times larger than the AB deal (but no names yet)
- They make money not only on the sale of Semi's but also on their Hydrogen network which they'll be unrolling as new routes come 'online'

On top of this:

- They have those Badgers that are coming out and will be shown on June 29th. Timeline I'm thinking is in 2021.
- They have off-road ATVs coming
- They have Waverunners coming

an interesting thing I also found when digging deeper was they apparently have a VP of defense at their company. Meaning it's possible they could be playing ball with the DOD in the future.

Again, I no longer have a position here but I got really really early as you can see detailed here:
EXECUTION - Timing & Execution During the 2020 Market Crash. 400% gains. My story.

Edit: adding image
Edit 2: I agree, maybe childish naming the company after the first name of Nikola Tesla. But I found it to be really strategic and KNEW that this would be a reason it gets mentioned in the same breath as Tesla in the media and I proved to be right. Someone on CNBC the other day asked Trevor Milton (CEO, now Exec. Chairman)

how does it feel to be 2nd coming of Elon Musk

Which laughably is not even close imo. But proved my original thesis on the name and how media would react

Andy Black

Dad, husband, entrepreneur.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
If you’re interested in learning about the EV industry this book is a great primer:

Amazon.com: Insane Mode: How Elon Musk's Tesla Sparked an Electric Revolution to End the Age of Oil eBook: McKenzie, Hamish: Kindle Store

Nikola has been around a while with a focus on Semis (they sued Tesla in 2016 for allegedly stealing their designs). Their current valuation is bonkers but when it comes to new entrants in automotive, this is kind of necessary because of how capital intensive the EV and automotive industry is.

I think the stock is overvalued, but Nikolas chances of success are probably as high as Rivian and Lucid, but not as high as Tesla, IMO

Sean P

Contributor
Jul 4, 2014
0 to 60 in 2.9 seconds...is faster than you can say it! What does it run on, aviation fuel!

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ

Sponsored Offers

FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Hi Mj, I just bought it. And reading it. I think is a great idea to write using the stories to...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
Great post @Fox, very much appreciated! How can I reach out to you? I sent you a PM a while...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Hey @Lex DeVille ! Having some issues with the NOREGRETS code? Udemy thinks it has expired...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom