- Joined
- Aug 21, 2018
- Messages
- 22
Rep Bank
$195
$195
User Power: 141%
Here I'll post what my general ideas are when it comes to growing and monetizing a brand new website. I am absolutely green when it comes to this so for those who have been there and done that, please do tell me where I am mistaken or flat out wrong about any of what I am about to post.
I have purchased a domain through SiteGround and installed WordPress on it. It will be a blog with a specific business slant.
As I see things currently, my focus is to post as much quality content as possible. That is the easy part for me. Content comes naturally. And I can write virtually non-stop because that's what I've been doing privately since 06.
That is my number one priority.
My second priority is to improve the look and functionality of the website. I will learn what I can when it comes to coding, but I'm not opposed to hiring someone to do it for me either.
After the website's look is more presentable, I'll focus on driving traffic through it by any means that I can.
As I get more traffic, I'll get more feedback on what topics people want to learn more about and I'll tailor the content to that.
With time and effort, I may create a product or e-course and sell it through the website.
So roughly the idea is:
Post content
Polish website
Scale website
Determine interest level
Sales
There will clearly be overlap between all of these. However, for anyone that has been there and done that, I'd appreciate your advice (brutal or not)!
I have purchased a domain through SiteGround and installed WordPress on it. It will be a blog with a specific business slant.
As I see things currently, my focus is to post as much quality content as possible. That is the easy part for me. Content comes naturally. And I can write virtually non-stop because that's what I've been doing privately since 06.
That is my number one priority.
My second priority is to improve the look and functionality of the website. I will learn what I can when it comes to coding, but I'm not opposed to hiring someone to do it for me either.
After the website's look is more presentable, I'll focus on driving traffic through it by any means that I can.
As I get more traffic, I'll get more feedback on what topics people want to learn more about and I'll tailor the content to that.
With time and effort, I may create a product or e-course and sell it through the website.
So roughly the idea is:
Post content
Polish website
Scale website
Determine interest level
Sales
There will clearly be overlap between all of these. However, for anyone that has been there and done that, I'd appreciate your advice (brutal or not)!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
