The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

should we really help everybody?

Anything related to matters of the mind

prince1234

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Sep 8, 2021
Instead of posting a new thread for every question, how about you start a progress thread, then everything's in one place and you can document your journey from complete beginner to business mogul.

People love a good epic tale, they'll follow your story, answer questions, offer advice, encourage you in your darkest days and congratulate your successes.
Sorry, but what is progress threads. I didn't understand.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I believe that people who don't work or do something useful lose their dignity. I'm big on people who work hard and productively.
I agree. Nothing wrong with hard work.

prince1234

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Sep 8, 2021
I agree. When I was a trophy wife and my ex had his contract with the huge oil company, I learned the executives there had all gone together to college at Brown's. Before that, they went to prep school together. Their parents belonged to the same clubs when they were kids. They played together. It was a private club and I sure didn't belong.

(But, I can also tell you this -- I made more money on my little real estate business in the Los Angeles ghetto than my husband made on his big silly contract! And my ex was ashamed of my business because I was working in the ghetto rather than with the "beautiful people". I was getting my hands dirty everyday.)

Your second point is also very interesting. A lot of people's success is simple exposure to the subjects. Just being around successful people gives children a chance to see how it is done. It's a language that people born outside of that circle don't understand. And they sure don't acquire the contacts that will grease their future way. I can see a clear class system within our society based upon exposure to education and ideas. I learned a lot about that concept when I was investing in real estate in the ghetto.

My mentor, who got me into real estate, was my guide and my hero. Alice was a very smart lady who married well. Her husband had money and she had smarts. She had a broker's license that she used for investing. When I first met her, she was a school teacher. I was in high school. She went and got her Master's degree at night and on the weekends. Then she was an accounting professor during the week. As a young woman, I watched her invest and work on her properties. I watched her do her own housework. I watched her thrifty ways. And she gave me stellar advice over the years for my career and investments. If Alice told me it was good idea, I went and did it. And she was right. She was the hardest working and smartest woman I have ever known.
@OMJ
Here it is.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.