The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Short One Liner That Had A Strong Impact On You

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
There are some great quotes here guys. Thanks a bunch and keep them coming.

One of my oldest memories of a quote that has stuck with me for life was from my father who died in my arms at the young age of 57.

Not long before that tragic day he said to me:

"Son, I gave the best years of my life to some bugger else, don't make the same mistake."

That should be sufficient but if you need any more incentive to plough your own furrow remember that if you are not working on making your dreams come true you are working on making someone else's.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CopyDane

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 11, 2017
"I’d rather be optimistic and wrong than pessimistic and right." -Elon Musk

Ha! I've got to show that to my better half - She's always sort of mocking me for being so "damn optimistic all the time" as she says. Your quote pretty much sums up why, I think.. It resonated, anyway. :)

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
There are some great quotes here guys. Thanks a bunch and keep them coming.

One of my oldest memories of a quote that has stuck with me for life was from my father who died in my arms at the young age of 57.

Not long before that tragic day he said to me:

"Son, I gave the best years of my life to some bugger else, don't make the same mistake."

That should be sufficient but if you need any more incentive to plough your own furrow remember that if you are not working on making your dreams come true you are working on making someone else's.

Razor cut that's deep man.

D

Deleted50669

I have a lot of quotes that swirl around from time to time. Right now one that serves me best is "Be of more value than them."

I'm sure there are similar quotes documented out there, but that's just what I tell myself as I work on my product.

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
Said to me by a fastlaner when I was complaining about a slump in my business: Just make more money.

At the time, it seemed trite. But I realized he was telling me that since I already knew how to get business, the solution was in my control. I just needed to stop getting in my own way, stop complaining, and get to work.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
"You have to understand, most people are not ready to be unplugged, and many of them are inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it." - Morpheus

This is true in sooooo many areas of life not just the rat race.

Zcott

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 24, 2018
'Too much time off makes you lazy,' from a successful solicitor I once worked for.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
I don't know whether I heard this somewhere or not, but when someone asks me "are you busy?" - one of my least favorite questions in a workplace, I used to answer "don't confuse movement with progress". Most folks couldn't understand the meaning of it. It is no surprise I found it difficult to fit into a team, lol.

Zcott

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 24, 2018
'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence is therefore a habit, not an act.'

Jonathan Hoch

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jan 17, 2019
The wolf hunts better when he's hungry. - Dad (Yale, John Hancock Life Insurance Agent of the year 92-96)

You can't steer a parked car. - Step Mom (Director of Harvard Business School)

Hilariously enough, I didn't follow their footsteps. Instead of being a good kid going into the world of business, I went to the military, fought a war twice, became an offshore diver, became an engine builder, became a machinist, and finally landed full circle, when I was sick of all these "do what you love" action hero type jobs.

I didn't get into business or online marketing, until I was sick of these jobs that all sucked after their honeymoon phases. (Hunting hungry)

And I had to get over paralysis by analysis of the perfect idea. The idea is to get out and fail, in order to learn how to be better for the next time! (Steering the car)

redshift

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Sep 4, 2018
"Don’t ever let somebody tell you… You can’t do something. Not even me. Alright? You got a dream… You gotta protect it. People can’t do something’ themselves, they wanna tell you you can’t do it. If you want something’, go get it. Period."

- Chris Gardner, The Pursuit of Happyness

"There are moments in life, moments when you know you’ve crossed a bridge. You’re old life is over"

- Eddie Morra, Limitless

"Impact Millions" / "The amount of money you have (or don't have) is a direct reflection of the amount of value you have (or have not) provided"

- MJ DeMarco, The Millionaire Fastlane

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
If you do things that create cash, you don't have to worry about cash flow.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Not a quote per se:

Whenever you tell yourself you can’t. You don’t have the skills. It’s impossible. You don’t know how. Give up. It’s too late. Etc...

Imagine yourself telling your own kids those things.

Imagine your kid tells you he wants to change the world and help a lot of people someday...

“Sorry son, but you can’t, the world just doesn’t work that way. You should probably give up on that dream right now.”

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Just because you have the money to buy something, does not mean you can afford it.

MJ DeMarco.
Similar to “If you think you can afford it, you can’t.” Was that MJ as well?

eekern

BOBA
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 21, 2015
Norway
“How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours."
~ Wayne Dyer

“It exists only two people "They who get what they want, have the life they want" and everybody else.
~ GC

Success lives in tremendous activity if success don`t matter to you, you will end up like everyone else”
~ GC

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!