The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Seeing Adult Life

Samh101

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 24, 2020
Virginia
Hey! I recently graduated college and started working as a software engineer, but realized that if I continue going down this path I’ll be commuting an hour a day and working for someone else 8 hours a day and the may even ask me to work after work sometimes. The thought terrifies me so I started reading as much as I can and even found TMF .

I’m currently reading in the commandments section and wondering if anyone has any advice? I’ve been doing research into dropshipping and wondering if that meets the commandment of entry. Anyone can start a Shopify business and select a template; although, it can take a few weeks to develop it into a site that looks and feels trustworthy, find products others will care about and time spent on advertising. Thank you for any input about the subject or otherwise!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Welcome to the forum Sam. When you finish the book find the thread "Read Millionaire Fastlane " and drop a comment. A tag gets added to your name telling us you've read the book. Helps us to know you understand our language and concepts.

As to your specific question. I think you already know the answer to your question...if anyone can start a shopify, online in minutes, is there really an entry barrier? Remember, it's not what you want to do, it's what need are you filling. Take some time and really think about what you're reading in the book. Then start paying attention to the needs that are out there. Help some people and see what you learn. Read the GOLD and NOTABLE threads on this forum. Think about this some. Take advantage of having a job to save and learn.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Welcome! It's not bad at all to develop a technical skill, or even to work at a job where you can learn skills, management, etc. Just don't let lifestyle get you stuck working for someone else forever, if that's not what you wanna do.

I've always thought that having a few technical skills that you're competent in is helpful for entrepreneurs. You might hire more specialized people later, but it's good if you can prototype things, or do your own marketing, etc., while you figure out the budget to hire people for all those things.

The market for software developers is soooo competitive, you might be able to find remote work. The hour commute seems unnecessary. My whole team is remote... Florida, Tennessee, Indiana, other places. Driving to work is 1999 man. ;)

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Welcome! It's not bad at all to develop a technical skill, or even to work at a job where you can learn skills, management, etc. Just don't let lifestyle get you stuck working for someone else forever, if that's not what you wanna do.
spot on Rabby

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
“Learn a skill. Sell the skill. Scale the skill.”

> www.tropicalmba.com/consulting

I think you’re in a great position. Learn while getting paid, and keep an eye out for opportunities to help others with those skills or others.

Maybe think about always building your high ground:
> "Build Your High Ground" & "Grow What You Know"
Sam - There's a reason Andy Black is one of our EPIC contributors. His advice is among the best you'll find here. I always listen to what he says and wish I was smart enough to follow through :)

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Sam - There's a reason Andy Black is one of our EPIC contributors. His advice is among the best you'll find here. I always listen to what he says and wish I was smart enough to follow through :)
Thanks @Ernman. I’m figuring it out as I go along, just like everyone else!

Samh101

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 24, 2020
Virginia
As to your specific question. I think you already know the answer to your question...if anyone can start a shopify, online in minutes, is there really an entry barrier? Remember, it's not what you want to do, it's what need are you filling. Take some time and really think about what you're reading in the book. Then start paying attention to the needs that are out there.

Thanks Ernman, I think I needed someone else to point that back out to me. I may start looking into lead generation considering there seems room in that field!

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Hey! I recently graduated college and started working as a software engineer, but realized that if I continue going down this path I’ll be commuting an hour a day and working for someone else 8 hours a day and the may even ask me to work after work sometimes. The thought terrifies me so I started reading as much as I can and even found TMF .

I’m currently reading in the commandments section and wondering if anyone has any advice? I’ve been doing research into dropshipping and wondering if that meets the commandment of entry. Anyone can start a Shopify business and select a template; although, it can take a few weeks to develop it into a site that looks and feels trustworthy, find products others will care about and time spent on advertising. Thank you for any input about the subject or otherwise!
Hi and welcome. Your Shopify dropshiping store will likely not make you millions in profits a year, but you're going to learn a great deal in the process and could be walking home with 100-500K+ a year. My agency has worked with several ecommerce dropshipping stores, and we've scaled them from 20K/month, to 200, 300 or even 500K/month.

The key techniques to growing in a crowded market, such as dropshipping, is to do things differently. We explode growth for the stores we work with because we do what others don't - we create sales funnels for Shopify, and we really make the most out of email marketing. So there is always room to innovate, even in an otherwise crowded and stagnant market.

But you have to be open to it :)

Good luck!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...